Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The actor signs a contract with the studio before filming. In that contract it stipulates that their likeness is signed across for all publicity, marketing and merchandise. It has to be clearly the actor in that character role. So, Emma Watson as Hermione Granger, and in her relevant costumes etc. They don't have the rights to the actor's face alone, just as that character - the whole figure.

Each movie has a contract, but some are multi-movie contracts with a "catch-all".

Dave mentioned in another thread that the actors get approval of merchandise (saying that Emma gave notes on the Yule Ball), which I have never heard of before in any contract, so I can't comment.

Star Ace would've signed a licensing deal with WB and WB would then state what they can and can't do. WB would then get final approval and would need to sign off, allowing Star Ace to then produce the figures for the market place.

Other examples would be Johnny Depp and Tom Hiddleson. DX06 (smiling head) and the OST Jack Sparrow sculpts were tweaked from Johnny Depp's comments. We didn't get a first movie Loki b/c by the time Hiddleson approved, Avengers was already coming so they switched it to an Avengers look with longer hair. Some actors do care and put their two cents in :wink1:

I wish we were hearing these behind the scenes stories about other properties oike Die Hard, Conan, 'Keanu had notes on the Neo sculpt'.

Question for those that own Order of the Phoenix Sirius...............Did anyone else have issue with the paint being rubbed off in shipping on the tip of his nose? I just received mine today and there is a definite issue with the tip of his nose being devoid of the paint. Just didn't know if this was a common problem as I'm new to collecting these figures. My Ron actually had the same issue, although his isn't as noticeable as his paint is lighter.
411740489.jpg

Ditto. No problems. I even have several of each. That's really bad luck, JinCincy. Any chance you can get them exchanged?

I got him on ebay and I've sent a message to the seller to discuss. It's really frustrating as I love to photograph my collection and it really is quite noticeable in photos.

I got him on ebay and I've sent a message to the seller to discuss. It's really frustrating as I love to photograph my collection and it really is quite noticeable in photos.

The damage is definitely unacceptable and not easy to disguise, so 100% need to send that back for a refund and try again. I hope it works out for you :)

Did you buy new or used? Because I'm trying to remember whether new Sirius came with a plastic sleeve over his head - as a lot of figures do. If no one else can answer that, I'll have a look in storage for you tomorrow.

The damage is definitely unacceptable and not easy to disguise, so 100% need to send that back for a refund and try again. I hope it works out for you :)

Did you buy new or used? Because I'm trying to remember whether new Sirius came with a plastic sleeve over his head - as a lot of figures do. If no one else can answer that, I'll have a look in storage for you tomorrow.

Thanks Anx10us, yes he was advertised as new, unopened. He didn't have a plastic sleeve over his head. He had plastic around his middle. and on his feet, but nothing over his head. Just really frustrating. Hopefully the seller will offer a good solution.

Thanks Anx10us, yes he was advertised as new, unopened. He didn't have a plastic sleeve over his head. He had plastic around his middle. and on his feet, but nothing over his head. Just really frustrating. Hopefully the seller will offer a good solution.

The only solution you go for is a full refund.

Aww crap. I was hoping for Deathly Hallows Snape ;( which I think is the more definitive look of that character. It's not much different than the Medicom Snape.

"How disappointing"

Back