Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't mind the snape actually. i think he looks cool.

the beards on dumbldore are a bit....odd.....but the rest of his two figures look good.

hermoine in that pink dress does look a bit weird, why is the top of her head so bulbous? why are star ace heads becoming so huge in general lol.

anyway, i think the HP line is pretty good so far, aside from a few minor hiccups. they come with some really great accessories i must say.

the beards on dumbldore are a bit....odd.....but the rest of his two figures look good.

hermoine in that pink dress does look a bit weird, why is the top of her head so bulbous? why are star ace heads becoming so huge in general lol.

anyway, i think the HP line is pretty good so far, aside from a few minor hiccups. they come with some really great accessories i must say.

As stated many times in other threads - the prototype heads are all much larger by necessity than the production heads will be. That is required because the tooling process requires it.

I'm so glad they decided to do both versions of Dumbledore at the same time instead of making us wait. I'm sure the final versions will look superb. I might be in the minority here, but I much preferred Gambon over Harris in the films so I know which figure I'm going with. The only downside is that the Harris version seems to come with a lot more accessories (crystal ball and base, Fawkes with his perch, sword of Gryffindor, goblet, and wand) than the Gambon version (which only seems to come with the podium and wand). Kind of makes me wish that they were doing this as a two pack.

Here is the Snape paint master.
12107095_760693407390730_1088096239460191863_n.jpg

I would like to see a DH Harry and Hermoine. Those will probably be the end of the line

So has Star Ace confirmed which year Snape is based on? I personally thought it was great in person

Here is a video tour of Star Ace Toys NYCC booth in HD, the HP stuff takes up a majority of the video.

Totally agree

I'm sorry, but I don't see Alan Rickman as Professor Snape at all in that sculpt. I definitely see an interpretation of Snape, but not Alan Rickman. It makes me wonder if they have the rights to use the actor's license because I noticed that in all the descriptions they say "with authentic likeness of (character's name)" not the actor who played the character.

I'm sorry, but I don't see Alan Rickman as Professor Snape at all in that sculpt. I definitely see an interpretation of Snape, but not Alan Rickman. It makes me wonder if they have the rights to use the actor's license because I noticed that in all the descriptions they say "with authentic likeness of (character's name)" not the actor who played the character.

I agree. Medicom Snape sculpt wins over this hands down IMO.

Hopefully these are still being tweaked. The beards look terrible. It might be better to simply sculpt those and then do real hair. Snape looks 10-15 years too young and the body looks super skinny. The kids look great though. Teen Hermione not so much.

I pretty sure snape headsculpt not final, maybe they will tweak it.

The best one is Gambon's Dumbledore, they nailed it

They obviously do have the rights to Rickman's likeness, the sculpt is close, but just not quite there yet.

The actor signs a contract with the studio before filming. In that contract it stipulates that their likeness is signed across for all publicity, marketing and merchandise. It has to be clearly the actor in that character role. So, Emma Watson as Hermione Granger, and in her relevant costumes etc. They don't have the rights to the actor's face alone, just as that character - the whole figure.

Each movie has a contract, but some are multi-movie contracts with a "catch-all".

Dave mentioned in another thread that the actors get approval of merchandise (saying that Emma gave notes on the Yule Ball), which I have never heard of before in any contract, so I can't comment.

Star Ace would've signed a licensing deal with WB and WB would then state what they can and can't do. WB would then get final approval and would need to sign off, allowing Star Ace to then produce the figures for the market place.

Back