Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn they all look good.

21859179398_702bd9ed59_o.jpg

The new stuff is all looking somewhat unrefined, especially compared to the stuff that was announced and previewed some time back - I'm chalking it up to early previews and would expect them tuned up before release. Same for Selene and Katniss, both look extremely doll-like in the photos in Star Ace's FB album.

nevermind found another photo of Hermione on facebook... I think they need to change her expression. i can see the likeness, but the expression is funky. It also appears her hair is sculpted and rooted? .... :(

Most of the new figures look disappointing. The rooted hair isn't looking vey good on any figure, except Year 1 Hermione. Snape looks like he's got a giraffe neck. Malfoy's likeness is completely off. Year 4 Hermione's likeness is there, I can see it, but they've made the head around it slightly too big. Its throwing it off. The arms look weird. I wish they'd given us a better look at Year 4 Harry.

A lot of these look really rough.
The Hagrid figure especially.
He and Fang seen out of scale.
Fang came up to Hagrid's waist.

The problem with hermione is the hair/forehead area is HUGE! And the smirk is meh. I think Snape is year 1 which is why people are upset. When we all picture him in our minds we don't see that Snape. We see the old, greasy, rough Snape. Fang is too small but I love Hagrid. Malfoy is off. Is that year 2 Harry's head the new one? It looks too similar if it is. And when it comes to Dumbledore...are they both Harris or no? Cause the blue robed one looks like Gambon. But they are also both similar so its tricking me.

Last edited:
They're just the prototypes though, right? So chances are there will be improvements by the final product release. Besides, compared to the first Harry Potter releases I'm really impressed at how much they're upping their game. When I saw Hagrid, I thought "Is this the same toy company???" - very impressive, especially when compared to the early releases.

OMG the Michael Gambon Dumbledore looks awful looking!
They really should go with sculpted hair on the beard
That Hermione Granger in the gown looks like something out of Robot Chicken with those arms!

I think anyone wanting a Hermione would be better off waiting for Hot Toys to do Beauty & the Beast like they did Maleficent.

The problem with hermione is the hair/forehead area is HUGE! And the smirk is meh. I think Snape is year 1 which is why people are upset. When we all picture him in our minds we don't see that Snape. We see the old, greasy, rough Snape. Fang is too small but I love Hagrid. Malfoy is off. Is that year 2 Harry's head the new one? It looks too similar if it is. And when it comes to Dumbledore...are they both Harris or no? Cause the blue robed one looks like Gambon. But they are also both similar so its tricking me.

Snape is from the Half Blood Prince. He's holding the Potions book Harry uses in his sixth year.

My bank account is happy that these new figures are all underwhelming. Triwizard Harry is going to be the last figure from the line I get in a while.

Back