Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh you’d think they would have at least done a new sculpt for Snape. Santa Harry is a joke... who even asked for that?

This pic is the first time I have seen Luna and Ginny among other figures. The fact they are scaled to year 1 is absolutely perplexing.

F9AD1D46-84F1-444D-8370-D2A2939A7C82.jpeg

Ugh you’d think they would have at least done a new sculpt for Snape. Santa Harry is a joke... who even asked for that?

This pic is the first time I have seen Luna and Ginny among other figures. The fact they are scaled to year 1 is absolutely perplexing.

View attachment 462620

Thats what I am so frustrated about! I actually like the casual Luna and was definitely planning on picking her up but she is going to be way too small.

Re-releasing things like the kids makes sense because anyone that missed those would have to pay through the nose at this point. But instead of releasing with the stupid holiday themes, why not just do slim versions like Asmus does with their Lord of the Rings figures? The only thing I could possibly think of is maybe they create these holiday versions for the Potter theme parks or something? I am glad to see Snape get a re release too because his price hit sky high. I ended up putting the Medicom head on my figure because the likeness was so off on the Star Ace one.

I would love to see the line continue on, but this stuff is getting painful to watch. I kind of wish they would reboot the whole endeavor and start making figures from the later films with more competent sculpts.

^ Agreed. Slim versions would make way more sense than these holiday rehashes. Basic figure, few hands and a wand/minimal accessories.

Santa Harry though :lol... WTH, whose idea was that?? :cuckoo: I think they have lost the plot completely with this licence!

I find it more interesting that these holiday variants are having approved by the licensor constantly.

I have watched videos that talk about the universal theme park and the rules that JK Rowling had in terms of how it was built, run, etc. it’s crazy to think there wouldn’t be the same thing with merchandise. But then again I don’t know how anyone could keep track of that amount of merchandise.

I have watched videos that talk about the universal theme park and the rules that JK Rowling had in terms of how it was built, run, etc. it’s crazy to think there wouldn’t be the same thing with merchandise. But then again I don’t know how anyone could keep track of that amount of merchandise.

Theme parks weren't in her original movie contract, which is why she had so much say/power. She went to Disney first (it was their idea and they approached her) and they wouldn't give her the control she craved because, you know, Disney, and so she went to Universal instead. They told her she could have anything she wanted because they were struggling at the time to compete. Merchandise has been in most movie contracts since Star Wars, so she'll have no say at all, just a percentage of profit. Likenesses are usually signed off by actors (principle cast), but a lot of the time they don't care.

My 6 inch SH Figuarts Snape has a dead on likeness to Alan Rickman. It's a pity that that line appears to have died because people didn't support the only line that was producing quality Harry Potter action figures.

Figuarts was doomed to fail from the start because the market they're targeting with them knows that Bandai's quality isn't worth the price they're asking for them. They're better off sticking to liscenses they own the exclusive rights (SM, One Piece, etc) to and thus force collectors into purchasing their lines. Not to mention Bandai is known for starting and stopping lines on a whim.

On the flip side the Nendoroids seems to be doing really well, and there's a lot of hype around their releases.

That Snape 2.0 looks horrible. Too bad a better company didn't pick up this licence. I doubt HT will get into Harry Potter even though they have done Fantastic Beasts characters.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back