Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just when you thought they couldn't get any worse.

70394012_10162371394120584_2894940225316847616_n.jpg

70191363_10162371394165584_1123181707940331520_n.jpg

:clap :rotfl

Well, the GOOD. Wes is that Remus Lupin is just about ready to be released:

537A12D9EA26419790CA.jpeg

Seriously though, it seems painfully clear that at some point Star Ace either made some very poor judgement calls, or were forced into them due to capital restrictions to limit (or remove) the budget for top sculptors. It seems they went from KA Kim to the top kid enrolled in Art II at the local middle school.

Who knows, maybe the top sixth scale sculptors priced themselves outside of Star Ace?s reach, and the company had no choice but to move forward to recoup some portion of the expense th doled out for the licensing rights. But what ever the story is, they are not going to recoup very much money for releases of this quality. Especially since their prices have risen into the $200+ range just like everyone else.

It was a great start, Star Ace. Maybe get out now and recoup the money on a new line.

Well, the GOOD. Wes is that Remus Lupin is just about ready to be released:

537A12D9EA26419790CA.jpeg

Seriously though, it seems painfully clear that at some point Star Ace either made some very poor judgement calls, or were forced into them due to capital restrictions to limit (or remove) the budget for top sculptors. It seems they went from KA Kim to the top kid enrolled in Art II at the local middle school.

Who knows, maybe the top sixth scale sculptors priced themselves outside of Star Ace?s reach, and the company had no choice but to move forward to recoup some portion of the expense th doled out for the licensing rights. But what ever the story is, they are not going to recoup very much money for releases of this quality. Especially since their prices have risen into the $200+ range just like everyone else.

It was a great start, Star Ace. Maybe get out now and recoup the money on a new line.

Investment in a good sculpt would make them sell more figures. This one is beyond salvage. I’m shocked that someone thought it was good enough to show.

Just when you thought they couldn't get any worse.

View attachment 466319

:clap :rotfl

Easy pass...will wait for the inevitable Christmas variant. :lecture

Seriously though, that's awful. :monkey4 Hopefully it doesn't get past the approval stage as it needs a hell of a lot of work...what a waste of a licence. :( I really want a McGongall figure from this line, but these recent sculpts aren't exactly instilling me with confidence, god knows what it would look end up looking like.

I have wantet Wormtail for a long time, but this facesculp looks very cartoonish.

Griphook turned out very good, way have this turned out so bad?

First look at Lupin. Also is that an older Draco down below him? Looks like it, and if so, I'll be picking up both of these.Screenshot_20191003-123600_Instagram.jpg

Back