Official General Obi-Wan Kenobi-Jedi Master (aka Obi-Wan in Clone Armor) IMAGE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Belt really does look distracting... and bummer about the basebody. Kind of my fear is that the early figures will have more issues as they get the production under control.

Not to thrilled with the new body....the joints on mine are loose (especially the arm with Holo attached :monkey4)

The Medicoms Joints while slightly less posable (due to the armor)than Obi-Wan are tight and hold pose without extra effort.

But they are in scale and do look great together...:chew

how is the armor compare with medi's? really curious to know if there are advantage/disadvantage with using harder plastics. better details, what not...

how is the armor compare with medi's? really curious to know if there are advantage/disadvantage with using harder plastics. better details, what not...

I Like the look and feel of SSC Armor over Medicom; however Medicom's armor fits better and dosent flop around.

I also like Medicom's body glove better.

I'll probably try stuffing a little cotton in between the body and armor....that should do the trick.

The Sun decided to finally come out today.

Here you go PC;

DSC01888.jpg

DSC01889.jpg

DSC01891.jpg

Man, the face sculpt on the CW version looks A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Can't wait to get him. I just wish that belt was white. The ROTS Obi-Wan looks so old compared to the CW version. LOL!

I Like the look and feel of SSC Armor over Medicom; however Medicom's armor fits better and dosent flop around.

I also like Medicom's body glove better.

I'll probably try stuffing a little cotton in between the body and armor....that should do the trick.

cool, thanks for the reply. :D

BTW, is CW obi shorter than ROTS Obi?

Yes, just a bit shorter

The reisdue on the belt can be removed with rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip

:maul

Good to know, if you go all the way with the residue removale be sure to post some pics. The SDCC images just look so much nicer with a matching white belt. Seems you want either the whole figure weathered, or none at all.

Great comparison pics!!!

I felt that they should have weathered more of the armour though. Makes the weathered belt looks out of place.

HHmmmm....that was a first

One matching white belt.

DSC01897.jpg

I like the real ribbing (stitching) of the Medicom body glove better than Sideshow's faux ribbing. It just looks and feels cheap.

I stuffed all the leg armor with cotton and it does make a big difference.

I thought Medicom's armor would also look duller than sideshow's own pics had lead to believe.

They look about the same sheen as Medicom. Which is alright by me, but make my OT troops shiny.

Good to know, if you go all the way with the residue removale be sure to post some pics. The SDCC images just look so much nicer with a matching white belt. Seems you want either the whole figure weathered, or none at all.

that is a bit of weird decision IMO. Why just weather the belt and not the armor? it looks outta place. Not to mention skipping that step can shorten the manufacture time.

One matching white belt.
DSC01897.jpg

I like the real ribbing (stitching) of the Medicom body glove better than Sideshow's faux ribbing. It just looks and feels cheap.

Huge improvement :rock

Thanks for taking the risk... and odd that they went w/faux ribbing on the suit. Odd choice. Thankfully doesn't look like that happened with Vader.

HHmmmm....that was a first

One matching white belt.

DSC01897.jpg

I stuffed all the leg armor with cotton and it does make a big difference.

I thought Medicom's armor would also look duller than sideshow's own pics had lead to believe.

They look about the same sheen as Medicom. Which is alright by me, but make my OT troops shiny.

My belt is dirty as well. Odd to see a clean one. I wonder what the ratio of clean and dirty will be?

On the whole it 'looks' like a good figure, but for the new higher price by bug bears are the brown robes look bulky and a bit cheap, doll dots (WTF), dirty belt... clean armour...? and the paint on the face looks heavy... still kind of shiny. And the body being loose could be a problem (if not isolated cases), basically I really want to get a feel for it in hand, but that means buying it. May try and pick it up further down the line if I can get it cheaper, but for now I'll wait for the classic Stormy.

Back