Official EB X M: Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still a superior headsculpt to Hot Toys' version...I agree though that the rest looks a little 'toyish'...Nice piece though and I'll be picking one up!

still cant see how ppl can say this is a superior headsculpt to the hot toys jack, hot toys jack is bang on johnny depp in both scuplts, the out fit is terrible, i to really dont know why they bothered, still Jack Bauer headscuplt is there best for me

69464edegw1dndxn9665oj.jpg

Looks pretty good to me.

Everything is about a step down.

Packaging, sword, guns, clothing, and it probably even has the trademark "shiny EB hands".

Why the hell are their hands so shiny and cheap looking all of the time??

Last edited:
I do not understand how people can spend $350 on this when the Ht version comes with a great quality outfit very detailed, many accesories and is worth much less :slap

Only thing I like are the things that EB provided. Head and bandana.

The medicom portion is junk. Something is wrong with that company when they can put out such a nice Boba Fett yet be so terrible in other figures/areas. I feel like everything they do is only suitable to cartoons/cartoony figures...I guess Boba is cartoony :dunno

EB's hair is more accurrate to OST than HT, Jack's hair volume was thinner than in 1-3, the HT looks like 1-3 volume but OST style. I like the HT stylization for my figure but I give EB credit.

It's bizarre, but I still want it. It's a bit Pirates of Penzance...

Actually, I can kind of see that - it's like the action figure of a generic pirate that I wanted when I was seven, all cartoony and brightly coloured. The only thing I like is the fabric scarf, but the hair looks massive underneath.

The eyes are throwing it off. If you crop off the eyes, it almost looks like a picture of JD. Before HT finally unveiled the smiling Jack, I was leaning towards this sculpt cause the proto definitely looks like Johnny but the paintjob on the eyes is way off now though.
I like the facial hair paintjob also cause it almost looks real. Almost wish they would have done the same quality of PERS for this figure.

enterbayjack.jpg

ive got the medicom jack that came out years ago. they are the exact same boots, pretty lazy considering the pricetag

Coat looks way short. Besides other issues.

I love how HT basically did the same expression just to say FU to EB again.

I don't believe that. When HT revealed their smirking sculpt they stated how they went through many different ones and the production was the one that was chosen, by the licensor I believe. Which actually could explain why they both look similar. Whoever had the final say on the sculpts from EB and HT could be the same person and prefer that lind of Jack smirk; thus those sculpts being chosen to be produced. Could be a lie from HT about going through different sculpts, but I dont think it is seeing how the smirking sculpt was what kept delaying the figure

Back