Official 12" Hot Toys Superman returns Image Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As this has turned into more of a anything Superman thread here's my 2 new ones :)

P10409321024x768.jpg

Could you post the recipe for the KC Supes?
Thanks!

Could you post the recipe for the KC Supes?
Thanks!

Nps here you go:

Tonymeis her on the board made the suit/ w logo, trunks, cape.

Repainted HT's Reeve boots.

Kaustic plastik heroic body.

3R WWII belt with all the buckle parts removed, then reversed with a snap fastener sewn on so it closes at the back. I sculpted the belt buckle.

The head is sometimes on ebay or you can get it in the below link and i had to dremel and remove the neck.

https://www.h2creative.com/HHOF.pdf

Posted this in another thread last night, but i thought i'd also post here.
I am working on a set of "comic book" muscle upgrade parts for a TTM18 body. Pecs/larger ribcage, Biceps, Triceps, Deltoids, Forearms and thigh muscle parts.
I used the Routh head because i don't have a suitable comic book looking head(Working on that right now).
Here are the pics.

IMG_1934.jpg

IMG_1935.jpg

IMG_1947.jpg

IMG_1948.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

IMG_1951.jpg

IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_1953.jpg

Looks a bit like the medicom attempt at SR.

I have a different head coming for him.
I realise i was wrong to add the SR head onto the figure for the shots. Everyone is looking at it and saying: "He's too muscled"(Or words to that effect).
It wasn't supposed to be like SR. It's supposed to be a heavily muscled comic book version in the vein of the Ed McGuinness work. Totally outlandish muscles, but they work on Batman and Superman. As i say, i shouldn't have used the Routh head...
This is the style i was going for:

dcdsb3_superman.jpg

superpals.jpg

superman-batman-mcguinness.jpg

superman_176.jpg

Superman__Batman.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

Looks pretty cool, except I think you need some more in the bicep area. When you're looking at it from the front it looks odd there.

Otherwise pretty cool, I've always liked McGuiness' style.

I like where your going with this. Keep up the good work and keep us updated.

Thanks a lot. The next couple of weeks is going to be busy for me work wise, but i will likely be able to get it done after that.

Mcguiness' style is just so over the top....I love it!

Thanks. I just received a new head in the post for this project.
It's the "wrong colour" right now, and i think it might need to be made slightly smaller but, with those changes and a kiss curl, i think it will be perfect for a McGuinness Supes.
Here are some pictures. Just imagine it's not blue...

IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_1991.jpg

IMG_1992.jpg

IMG_1993.jpg

Rather than make the head smaller, I think it would fit the style better to just beef up the neck and make it shorter.

Rather than make the head smaller, I think it would fit the style better to just beef up the neck and make it shorter.

Good thinking.
I was going to make a couple of versions(And i think the head might also work for Bizarro), so i was going to make a mould anyway just for my own use. I might sculpt on a neck to one of them for added bulk as you suggest.

That Thrawn head looks pretty good as a supes or even a bizarro. Nice choice.

Thanks. I saw one in stock at a local part-out store and picked it up asap. I frequently do searches for loose heads that might come in handy down the line.
I once did a resculpt and repaint on a TTM19 head to be superboy, but i think the stubble ruined the look, so it's sitting in a drawer now...

IMG_6297.jpg

IMG_6299.jpg

IMG_6300.jpg

IMG_6135.jpg

IMG_6136.jpg

IMG_6138.jpg

IMG_6139.jpg

Back