Official 1/6 Rambo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Rambo Line Thread

Rocky is definitely the more long lasting character, he's a guy every fan would love as a real friend. I loved his part in Creed and cried at the end realizing not only is Rocky getting old, so is Sly and one day we'll never see either anymore and it made me sad. I don't need Rocky to fight in a movie if it's well made like Creed, it's fun just to journey through all the phases of life with him.

I think another issue with Rocky and Rambo collectibles might be when the last film was released and the fact that except for a future Creed sequel both Rambo and Rocky are done. The majority of fans that would buy these collectibles are older and the companies would rather focus on comic book and video game characters which have a bigger following.

The majority of collectors on these boards are young and they want figures from the latest Marvel or DC movies, you rarely see stuff outside the comic book genre made like the Blitzway Fight Club and Ghoustbusters figures, I really liked what they did with Scarface, and Carlito's Way, and what Hot Toys did with Godfather and James Dean, it's to bad that movie characters that are iconic if they aren't from comic books rarely get made.

Yeah, it definitely seems we get the most representation of retro characters when there's new films from the property. Hot Toys went crazy with Terminator after Salvation but hadn't touched it since their very first figures and have now fizzled out to next to nothing as the franchise takes a nose dive.

There weren't any hot properties with DC or Marvel back in the early days of HT so we got Aliens and Terminator and Ramho and Rocky and stuff like that, that's not where the big money is now so the old stuff has been set aside, Aliens and Predators live on thanks to the franchises lasting. HT passed on Rambo 4 even when that movie was new.

I actually think even Rocky V has some merit to it. I watched the whole series (some of them for the first time) when Creed was coming out - each of the films had some really worthwhile drama. I came away very impressed at what Stallone created there - and because he played the character so many times over so many years you really feel like you've seen a life unfold - young Stallone all the way up to pensioner Stallone. Great series of films.

I actually think even Rocky V has some merit to it. I watched the whole series (some of them for the first time) when Creed was coming out - each of the films had some really worthwhile drama. I came away very impressed at what Stallone created there - and because he played the character so many times over so many years you really feel like you've seen a life unfold - young Stallone all the way up to pensioner Stallone. Great series of films.

I don't feel Rocky gets enough credit in later movies for ending the cold war and creating peace on Earth :)

I liked the idea of Rocky 5, but it's def the weakest movie of the bunch. It's a masterpiece compared to Rhinestone though :lol For those that don't remember :monkey3

Not only did they not do Rocky, but they **** canned their movie figures all together. :lol That Rocky would've been perfect too, because their Rambo sculpt is pretty damn close considering it was their first attempt at sculpting him. While I love Rambo, Rocky is truly the heart and soul of Stallones career. Rocky is associated with many iconic moments and memorable villains through out the entire series, and he represents so much as a whole. Unfortunately the same can't be said for Rambo. Sure he's the ultimate badass and I enjoy all the films, but first blood is the only great film in that series.

Well, Rocky made Stallone a star, but Rambo ultimately defined his career as an actor for better or for worse, because he became an action hero/star because of Rambo (not Rocky) and even today the guy's bread and butter is the action genre. Most of his films outside of the 6 Rrocky films are action movies, and that all started with Rambo. Stallone is not called an action hero because of Rocky...even if the sequels became 2 hour training montages. :lol

Stallone struggled to have a hit after Rocky and Rocky 2, until he made First Blood and in 85 Rambo II was the second biggest film of the year surpassing Rocky 4 which came out the same year. Sure Rocky is his most popular character because it made him famous, but culturally speaking Rambo is just as well known, but unfortunately that doesn't translate in to selling merchandise...apparently. Seriously, how does a character who had his own toy line, cartoon show, and referenced countless times in other movies, tv shows, and ripped off by video games, and other films can't even get a Funko Pop...but Ben Stiller's character from Dodgeball gets one? WTF. :lol

I am shocked that with all the Pops, no Terminator, Rocky or Rambo, makes no sense at all, especially when they did Terminator ReAction figures of Terminator. And btw, I'd love Rambo ReAction figures cuz we could probably get Trautman and Teasel and Co. They did Karate Kid for crying out loud.

I don't feel Rocky gets enough credit in later movies for ending the cold war and creating peace on Earth :)

This is the most comical post ever made on this forum:clap

"If I can change, you can change, everybody can change." Five minutes later at the beginning of Rocky V his son ages 7 years and in doing so it took away all the realism I always depended on in the Rocky series lol.

I am shocked that with all the Pops, no Terminator, Rocky or Rambo, makes no sense at all, especially when they did Terminator ReAction figures of Terminator. And btw, I'd love Rambo ReAction figures cuz we could probably get Trautman and Teasel and Co. They did Karate Kid for crying out loud.

Actually, that have Funko Pop Rocky.

e42xXr2.jpg

Still, no Terminator or Rambo.

A Rambo pop would be more interesting looking than the Rocky one above.

It looks like a proposed item from one of those kickstarter type companies, not sure it's an actual product that'll make it to market.

Meant the two sets that are coming.

(images googled)

Hy Toys forest lone wolf
7_759fa3e4-a3ff-4e0a-bc98-4b94700b7705_grande.jpg

Mr. Toys jungle battle master
13923407_1572749706362912_1245344606201418495_o_hzdn.jpg

but judging by the announcement photos, I'd say Supreme has the best sculpt of these three.

Winstartoy-font-b-1-b-font-6-First-Blood-font-b-Rambo-b-font-Head-Sculpt.jpg

Of-course I'm judging the 'Supreme'-sculpt in-hand, but IMO the paint-apps are surprisingly good for the price...
As for the other two (judging by the photos)...
- 'Hy Toys'-sculpt looks (paint wise) some-what "flat" to me?
- 'Mr. Toys' (might have better paint, but) the likeness feels really weird?

'Supreme' may not be the closest Stallone likeness either, but out of these options, to me it looks the best.

Did anyone get the Hy Toys Rambo? I'm considering grabbing one and getting a Supreme Rambo head to replace the stock one, unless the stock one looks better in hand.

'dead' should be added to this title.

Yeah i think the further we move away from the 80's the less interest there is in Rambo and the franchise in general. Time and tide waits for no man..

Did anyone get the Hy Toys Rambo? I'm considering grabbing one and getting a Supreme Rambo head to replace the stock one, unless the stock one looks better in hand.

Yeah, I did. Easily the worst figure I own. My intention was also to do a head swap with the Supreme head. But the HY Toys body us so oversized that the Supreme head looks way too small. The weapons are half decent, but overall not worth it. I kitbashed a Rambo with a Gang Hood body.

Also, in hand headsculpt looks like Zoolander. Awful likeness to Stallone.

Back