Official 1/6 Rambo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Rambo Line Thread

I'd love it, but not sure how marketable Rambo is sadly. I want more Rambo stuff, but even a simple line like NECA ended early due to poor sales.

I'd love it, but not sure how marketable Rambo is sadly. I want more Rambo stuff, but even a simple line like NECA ended early due to poor sales.

I blame Neca on that one. They released the same figure 3 times, with minor changes in one year.. more or less? There was the regular part 2 figure, then the same figure with video game colors, and finally same figure again with a different sculpt that wasn't as good as the previous figure as a SDCC EX, and they were charging $30 plus shipping and handling. The only incentive to buy it was the bow/arrows...but then they teased another figure, the bow and arrow with black tank top Rambo at same time they're trying to sell the overpriced SDCC ex. :lol

It should have been an ultimate figure with the two sculpts, and no video game version since it was a bad game.

Agreed. And also appart from the first blood survival version they did, they looked like dog turd.
That snarling head they did was terrible. I asked a few people and they couldn't even guess who the figure was of lol

Like I said, I'm all for more Rambo mechandise, I've just had to accept that my most favorite character ever is not high on a lot of people's lists and merchandise is scarce, and to my frustration, no company has represented Stallone from all 4 films in one line. I am very grateful for HCG however, because of them I have a nice mini collection in my Rambo collection that is dedicated to my favorite film, the 4th, with 1/6 and 1/4 scale statues along along with the 1/2 scale bust. I wish someone would do a First Blood 1/4 scale piece so I could have 1/4 scale representation of every movie, I have 2, 3 and 4 thanks to Sideshow, Enterbay and HCG.

If HT does new figures I'd probably try hard to get multiples.

Still hoping Hot Toys would reconsider releasing another Rambo figure, given they've already updated the Predators.

Unfortunately, Predators and Aliens are extremely popular and any company can justify spending money to re-release the same character repeatedly, it's the main cash flow for NECA and even HT can benefit from it.

Rambo is not as popular a license, and at this point I've just about given up on the idea of anyone producing official 1/6 figures of the character ever again.

Just need a nice sculpt. The rest of the parts to make a nice figure are out there.

Rambo is not as popular a license, and at this point I've just about given up on the idea of anyone producing official 1/6 figures of the character ever again.

True but theres a reason why. Rambo 1 was great, had a great storyline, a great character and acting was believable by the main characters. It was based on a novel and it had a heart and soul but rambo 2 and 3 are a case of the hollywood machine taking over and just turning the franchise into a shoot em up, kill as many people as you can bean counter action movie. The only rambo film worth making a character in 1/6th scale is first blood and although hot toys already made a figure of it it would be nice to see a remake made using todays standards of figure making.

Rambo 4 still hasn't been made, and I'm hoping even 3rd party manufacturers will take a crack at it

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Rambo just isn't a guaranteed seller plain and simple. He caters to the bottom of the consumer collectible chain. Sure hardcore Rambo/Sly fans will buy figures and statues from the films, but that's about it. Casual collectors probably don't care and never will. Right now everyone wants more Iron Man and Star Wars dolls.

Your right buddy and well said. Enterbay nailed it with the 1/4 Rambo, but we still need an updated 1/6 version. I'm hoping the lady that did the BW 1/4 Rocky 2 hs does one in 1/6 and something eventually comes out. Fingers crossed that Balboa makes a comeback too.

Your right buddy and well said. Enterbay nailed it with the 1/4 Rambo, but we still need an updated 1/6 version. I'm hoping the lady that did the BW 1/4 Rocky 2 hs does one in 1/6 and something eventually comes out. Fingers crossed that Balboa makes a comeback too.

Yeah she did an incredible job with 1/4 Rocky. I'd love to see her make a Rambo or Rocky from 3 or 4, I really don't care what scale at this point.

1/6 Rocky is something I need in the collection bad. I have Rambo covered with the EB 1/4 & HT 1/6 M65, but I really need Balboa. Too bad that Rocky 3 1/4 EB didn't happen :( I was all saved up and ready for that thing and it quietly went away.........

True but theres a reason why. Rambo 1 was great, had a great storyline, a great character and acting was believable by the main characters. It was based on a novel and it had a heart and soul but rambo 2 and 3 are a case of the hollywood machine taking over and just turning the franchise into a shoot em up, kill as many people as you can bean counter action movie. The only rambo film worth making a character in 1/6th scale is first blood and although hot toys already made a figure of it it would be nice to see a remake made using todays standards of figure making.

First Blood having more to the story and being less of an action flick than Rambo 2 and 3 does not make it more marketable for collectibles, if anything, it's Rambo 2 and 3 that will. Die hards like myself will take Rambo from any film, but when you're trying to sell to more average collectors, which have to make up a percentage of sales in order to meet necessary sales numbers, then you have to have wow factors to give the piece appeal. Rambo 2 and 3 can be represented with more interesting weapons and accessories making them more appealing than First Blood. Rambo 4 is the ultimate as it mixes the action of 2 and 3 with story like First Blood, but Sly was in his 60s and not many want a collectible of older Sly.

Rambo 4 still hasn't been made, and I'm hoping even 3rd party manufacturers will take a crack at it.

I'm honestly surprised that HCG took a shot on so many Rambo 4 pieces, it seems like general consensus is 60 year old Rambo isn't very marketable. Hot Toys did Barney Ross I feel because of him wearing tactical gear and such add more selling power to the figure, where Rambo is just basically a t-shirt and pants with a knife.

Rambo just isn't a guaranteed seller plain and simple. He caters to the bottom of the consumer collectible chain. Sure hardcore Rambo/Sly fans will buy figures and statues from the films, but that's about it. Casual collectors probably don't care and never will. Right now everyone wants more Iron Man and Star Wars dolls.

Sadly, you hit the nail on the head. As much as Stallone's characters like Rocky and Rambo are loved by many, the nature of the characters just doesn't give them much selling power. Hell, even Arnold doesn't carry much selling power outside of Sci Fi, he just had more success there with Terminator and Predator, even Conan is a bit more fantasy that Sci Fi, but still. NECA only took a shot on Commando because they could recycle a lot from their Dutch figures and other military figures.

As good as the Rambo 3 from Enterbay came out, it sold poorly, it was available at retail for a long time compared to most Enterbay figures and I believe was even sold at discount in places. Quality is not enough to carry sales for Rocky and Rambo unfortunately. I think Blitzway lucked out with the quality of the piece and the fact that it was a rare piece in how it depicted Rocky, they took a shot on showing him not as a boxer, very unique in Rocky collectibles, and many have a soft spot for the film and real life relationship between Sly and Butkus.

Yeah she did an incredible job with 1/4 Rocky. I'd love to see her make a Rambo or Rocky from 3 or 4, I really don't care what scale at this point.

Agreed, would love to see that same talent applied to a Rocky piece depicting him in boxing gear or any sort of Rambo. Enterbay seems to have abandoned anything that isn't NBA at this point so I've given up on anything else ever from them.

1/6 Rocky is something I need in the collection bad. I have Rambo covered with the EB 1/4 & HT 1/6 M65, but I really need Balboa. Too bad that Rocky 3 1/4 EB didn't happen :( I was all saved up and ready for that thing and it quietly went away.........

Like I said earlier, Rambo didn't do so well and I think that scared them off from touching Rocky, almost like, well if Sly loaded with guns can't sell, how well will Sly with boxing gloves do.

I actually liked the Hot Toys Rocky 4 a lot, it pales by today's standards but it had a good likeness and the body was more Sly than HT's Rambo body.

I wouldn't say Enterbays Rambo sold poorly. It never sold for anything less than retail. On eBay the prices are usually $700 and up. Do they sell for that much? I'm not so sure. Enterbays T-800,T-1000, and Robocop could all be had for about $220 each shipped a couple of months ago on Amazon. All three have been selling for about $100 less than retail almost since they were first released.

No doubt Rambo was not a big seller for them and why EB canned Rocky. From their end it makes perfect business sense why Rocky never seen the light of day. I think if anybody takes a chance on new Sly figures it will be BW cause of the success of that Rocky statue. Not saying they will, but they seem to take chances on these type of characters. Look at Fight Club and Carlito's Way. Takes awhile for them to sell out, but the fanbase is there. Just takes us older guys longer to pull the trigger I guess :lol

Pretty sure HT is done making Sly and coming to a close with Arnie too. The partnership with Disney and HT is the moneymaker. Hey, maybe we see SSC step up and tackle some Sly with their 80's line. We have a couple of Kurts, Beetle, and Ash. Rambo, or Rocky could fit right in there icons line. Only time will tell, in the meantime we can all enjoy what these companies have made so far.

No doubt Rambo was not a big seller for them and why EB canned Rocky. From their end it makes perfect business sense why Rocky never seen the light of day. I think if anybody takes a chance on new Sly figures it will be BW cause of the success of that Rocky statue. Not saying they will, but they seem to take chances on these type of characters. Look at Fight Club and Carlito's Way. Takes awhile for them to sell out, but the fanbase is there. Just takes us older guys longer to pull the trigger I guess :lol

Pretty sure HT is done making Sly and coming to a close with Arnie too. The partnership with Disney and HT is the moneymaker. Hey, maybe we see SSC step up and tackle some Sly with their 80's line. We have a couple of Kurts, Beetle, and Ash. Rambo, or Rocky could fit right in there icons line. Only time will tell, in the meantime we can all enjoy what these companies have made so far.

I agree and i also think the evidence suggests HT is done with 80s franchises in particular. Its not helping of course that its 2017 and every year we move further and further away from the age group of people who grew up in the 80s and love the franchises. Heck even to me who grew up in the 80's it seems like a lifetime ago.

Its a different world though we've living in now and part of me whilst bitter about it can't really blame HT for what they are doing by going by 'whats hot' right now which is Star wars, Marvel and Disney. If HT were around in the 80's and doing what they are doing now i certainly wouldn't be complaining.

Around 2000 to 2012 though I feel was the last time HT dealt seriously with franchises from the eighties and even then we were 20 -30 years down the road from many of the 80s classics. So in all truth i've just learnt to accept that classic franchises i love from the 80s probably won't be dealt with again from HT.

Last edited:

Not only did they not do Rocky, but they **** canned their movie figures all together. :lol That Rocky would've been perfect too, because their Rambo sculpt is pretty damn close considering it was their first attempt at sculpting him. While I love Rambo, Rocky is truly the heart and soul of Stallones career. Rocky is associated with many iconic moments and memorable villains through out the entire series, and he represents so much as a whole. Unfortunately the same can't be said for Rambo. Sure he's the ultimate badass and I enjoy all the films, but first blood is the only great film in that series.

I agree but i think and the evidence suggests HT is done with 80s franchises in particular. Its not helping of course that its 2017 and every year we move further and further away from the age group of people who grew up in the 80s and love the franchises. Can't really blame HT for that they are just going by 'whats hot' right now which is star wars, marvel and disney. Around 2000 to 2013 was the last time HT dealt seriously with franchises from the eighties and even then we were 20 -30 years down the road from many of the 80s classics. So i've just learnt to accept that classic franchises i love from the 80s probably won't be dealt with again from HT.

I agree. HT has moved on to what will make them the most $$$$ The fanbase for these old action heroes is not getting bigger. The younger crowds could careless for the most part. Hey, they did a great job and made some incredible figures. Hopefully we see another company tackle the 1/6 market and cater to us older folk :lol

Not only did they not do Rocky, but they **** canned their movie figures all together. :lol That Rocky would've been perfect too, because their Rambo sculpt is pretty damn close considering it was their first attempt at sculpting him. While I love Rambo, Rocky is truly the heart and soul of Stallones career. Rocky is associated with many iconic moments and memorable villains through out the entire series, and he represents so much as a whole. Unfortunately the same can't be said for Rambo. Sure he's the ultimate badass and I enjoy all the films, but first blood is the only great film in that series.
Balboa is def Sly's number one character. Only hiccup was number 5. All others are freaking great.

I think the last Rambo was really fantastic!!!

Back