Obi Wan 12" poll - Like it ? - Disappointed? - still not decided?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did Obi Wan pictures meets your expectations?

• I like it and definitely will be buying

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • it is a big disappointment for me

Votes: 41 43.2%
  • Still can't decide my opinion :)

Votes: 20 21.1%

• Total voters
Count me in the "somewhat disappointed, but not enough to cancel" club. The closest thing I could choose in the poll was "undecided", since it isn't a BIG disappointment for me, but I don't like it as well as I had hoped to either.

the new sculpt looks kind like obi wan, but why couldnt they at least keep the same colors for the facial hair. why did they turn obi into a brunette.? he is a red head person for heck sake. i wont be able to tell until he is in my hands.

I didn't vote. I'm sitting on my hands and biting my tongue until I see more.:D

The sculpt is not the issue here. I think it's the best rendition of a SW character yet done in 12". It's the paint apps that are disappointing to me. BUT I'll be sitting on Darth Rage's hands as well, waiting to see more... :monkey5

FlyAndFight said:
BUT I'll be sitting on Darth Rage's hands as well, waiting to see more... :monkey5

:monkey1 Really ... is THAT the best choice of words Al?! :lol

I voted disappointed. The figure isn't bad, I'm just really let down the hair is so dark. To me, it's distractingly dark. Granted they're only pictures so I could be words, and I'll happily eat my words if its not so dark, but I have a feeling I'm safe. By no means is the figure bad in my opinion. I suppose when you are used to getting such near perfect figures the slightly less so are a let down. I don't expect prototype paint jobs or anything, I just wish the paint weren't so dark.

Dark haired paint jobs seem to be a trend: Anakin, Han, and now Obiwan...

jlcmsu said:
According to another person who has seen Obi-wan in person he says the pics aren't doing the final piece justice. Take that for what it's worth.

I'm sure the actual product will look better than what the pics show, but it's letdown from seeing the awesome prototype.

It's like that hot chick with the big bewbs that turns out to be a wonder bra.

EVILFACE said:
I'm sure the actual product will look better than what the pics show, but it's letdown from seeing the awesome prototype.

Well, only if you actually expected it to look exactly like the Proto.

EVILFACE said:
It's like that hot chick with the big bewbs that turns out to be a wonder bra.
Best. Analogy. Possible.

jlcmsu said:
... Or got excited when Brant first mistook the SDCC prototype for the actual production piece and later corrected it but stated that it was "close". Well, this isn't even close to what was shown at SDCC, so excuse us who ARE rightfully disappointed.

sonolimy said:
the new sculpt looks kind like obi wan, but why couldnt they at least keep the same colors for the facial hair. why did they turn obi into a brunette.? he is a red head person for heck sake. i wont be able to tell until he is in my hands.

sculpt looks the same as the proto to me. just dark hair

IrishJedi said:
... Or got excited when Brant first mistook the SDCC prototype for the actual production piece and later corrected it but stated that it was "close". Well, this isn't even close to what was shown at SDCC, so excuse us who ARE rightfully disappointed.

I can't help those that got super excited about a mistake that was made and was corrected. In your opinion it's not close but opinions may very. You do have the right to be disapointed either way.

jlcmsu said:

As far as I'm concerned, Sideshow could almost be guilty of "deceptive practice" by displaying something that looks basically perfect at SDCC and then releasing an obviously inferior product to the public. Why tease everyone and get their hopes up when you damn well know the final piece isn't going to look anywhere near that good? It's almost like taking out a classified ad and using a picture of a Corvette when you're actually trying to sell a Camaro.

Damn, how many threads can there be on the same subject. It's all a bit much, misa tinks....!

Brent72 said:
As far as I'm concerned, Sideshow could almost be guilty of "deceptive practice" by displaying something that looks basically perfect at SDCC and then releasing an obviously inferior product to the public.
The situation might actually be more "sinister" than that.

I was looking at the hi-res pics of the packaging for the figure (which, of course, show pics of the prototype and not the final production figure). Well, it turns out that the finished piece IS actually pretty close to the prototype (even the colors).

HOWEVER, what is truly troubling is that SSC obviously repainted a *NEW* prototype for display at SDCC that featured a much better paint app than even the original prototype (the one obviously used for the production figure).

I find that disconcerting, to say the least... especially after the "that's production. Wait, it's not... but it's close" comments in regards to the far superior item hawked at SDCC. :cool:

pixletwin said:
I agree Amir.... Too bad you aren't moderating here, eh? :lol

I think I would stroke-out in a day or two...with all these threads saying the same thing.:D :D :D :rotfl

Back