Obi Wan 12" poll - Like it ? - Disappointed? - still not decided?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did Obi Wan pictures meets your expectations?

• I like it and definitely will be buying

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • it is a big disappointment for me

Votes: 41 43.2%
  • Still can't decide my opinion :)

Votes: 20 21.1%

• Total voters

gambit

Super Freak
Reaction score
so, there are so many discussions going on and I really want to see the votes on this.
I personally very much disappointed and would cancel it at any time.

Please vote and advise if any more options you want me to add

aloha

i will put my vote in after i receive the original piece. But from the photos, he look good.

I'm a bit disappointed, can't remember obi wan being so.... hairy :lol

Bur he still looks good, even when his hair (and beard) is a bit to dark.

Will def. buying him.

I am withholding judgement until I have it in my hands. It's so funny that everytime people have gotten upset has been over bad photos of something they don't have in person yet. Will we never learn?

Can we please lock this thread and wait til this item starts shipping before we decide if we're disappointed in something we don't have?

I'm happy with him. Sure he looks different from the prototype but like it says in another thread. Prototypes are basically customs with great attention to detail. You can't expect that same attention for the production piece. I'm thrilled he isn't wearing lipstick and eye liner like Annie-kin was. The only dissapointment I feel is the long wait for him.

I am still getting him but I am dissapointed...

He doesn't look bad, the hair color is off but it's just that the picture of the SDCC was so kick ass! This looks nothing like it... The eyes are just wrong and there is a substancial loss of detail in the face, I'm not exactly sure what it is but the detail level has been lost somehow.

I realize that the finished product cannot look exactly like the prototype (though it should) but this looks nothing like it!!! That prototype is what Sideshow used to advertise this figure and line at the SDCC. If this wasn't the figure we were supposed to get then they should not have displayed it. People rightfully think this is what they are going to get, then when it ships out... Surprise!

The figure we are now getting while not perfect, isn't bad by any means. Had I not seen the SDCC prototype pictures, I would be much happier with it... I would still think the hair and beard color is off but over all, I would be satisfied that this is the best they can do. What I'm trying to say is if this is what the figure was going to look like, then this what they should have displayed at the SDCC... It's not a bad looking figure, I'm sure people would have apreciated it. I would have. At the very least we would not have expected more!

Instead they displayed something far superior to get people interested and hooked on the line and then give them something sub-par to what was expected. If the finished product at least came close to the SDCC prototype we were shown, that would be something but as was mentioned by others... The difference between the two is like night and day!

Just to let everyone know, this is really the first time I have ever voiced my opinion in a negative fashion on these figures (and I have them all). This was the one I was looking forward to the most... I am dissapointed to say the least.

My expectations for "Leia/Boushh" and "Snowbunny Padme" have now dropped substancially. I expect that the final product will look nothing like what we have seen or what they will show us up until the figure ships. I can't say for sure but after "Obi-Wan", I am preparing myself for dissapointement.

:emperor

sebcanadaceo said:
I am still getting him but I am dissapointed...

He doesn't look bad, the hair color is off but it's just that the picture of the SDCC was so kick ass! This looks nothing like it... The eyes are just wrong and there is a substancial loss of detail in the face, I'm not exactly sure what it is but the detail level has been lost somehow.

I realize that the finished product cannot look exactly like the prototype (though it should) but this looks nothing like it!!! That prototype is what Sideshow used to advertise this figure and line at the SDCC. If this wasn't the figure we were supposed to get then they should not have displayed it. People rightfully think this is what they are going to get, then when it ships out... Surprise!

The figure we are now getting while not perfect, isn't bad by any means. Had I not seen the SDCC prototype pictures, I would be much happier with it... I would still think the hair and beard color is off but over all, I would be satisfied that this is the best they can do. What I'm trying to say is if this is what the figure was going to look like, then this what they should have displayed at the SDCC... It's not a bad looking figure, I'm sure people would have apreciated it. I would have. At the very least we would not have expected more!

Instead they displayed something far superior to get people interested and hooked on the line and then give them something sub-par to what was expected. If the finished product at least came close to the SDCC prototype we were shown, that would be something but as was mentioned by others... The difference between the two is like night and day!

Just to let everyone know, this is really the first time I have ever voiced my opinion in a negative fashion on these figures (and I have them all). This was the one I was looking forward to the most... I am dissapointed to say the least.

My expectations for "Leia/Boushh" and "Snowbunny Padme" have now dropped substancially. I expect that the final product will look nothing like what we have seen or what they will show us up until the figure ships. I can't say for sure but after "Obi-Wan", I am preparing myself for dissapointement.

Good post dude. Obi is the figure that got me started on this line, if it wasnt for him i wouldnt be collecting these and I'd probably have moved on to the PFs. So for him to be totally off from the SDCC pics is sad to me.

I haven't chosen an option, and won't till I see Obi in person, but I too am slightly dissapointed. This figure also got me into the line because of how amazing it looked during preorder. Now I see this and I see a loss of detail and much darker hair. Perhaps the paint SS is using is too thick? I understand that we can't have the highlights and all that were on the proto, but a wash out of small details and thick eye brows could probably be changed. I really may get an extra Obi just to repaint myself, and I never thought I would go that far.

He looks pretty bad IMO. Maybe some will be better than others?

I only voted after I saw the high res pics and I was disappointed with what I saw. I still won't say it's a MAJOR let down just yet, but they fell way off from the prototype in the paint aps IMO.

I know a prototype is usually better than a final version, but it does upset me a little bit that we base spending our money on what we see in the prototype.

I do not think the figure sucks at all, but I am not totally happy with the final paint aps at all from what I have seen so far.

According to another person who has seen Obi-wan in person he says the pics aren't doing the final piece justice. Take that for what it's worth.

sebcanadaceo said:
Where exactly have you seen it?

there's a chain of stores in Singapore that is a distributor locally for sideshow stuff
they brought it in, and it arrived coupla days back, on the 5th?
actually,right in front you,the fig is not all THAT bad, i'd say, IMHO its the same quality as the production piece for luke.the wrinkles are still there,albeit faint, the skin's got a sligggggghhhhht pinkish hue, the hair looks a lil lighter,not the dark muddy mess we all saw.
as with the other figs, i'd wait out till i have em in hand,before makin snap decisions to cancel orders.
it's not perfect, but neither is it terrible...seriously, the pics on the ssc webbie really DON'T do the fig justice..come on, where's the love for OB1?
haha!

i'll be gettin mine soon to duel with my sith anakin.i even drew ani (avatar) to uh....'commemorate the uh....coming of OB1'
:D

Last edited:
nash said:
....for him to be totally off from the SDCC pics is sad to me.
But how can you say he is "totally off"? When I hear that it sounds like the entire figure is a disaster.

Scarlet over at RS (not a member of the "Sideshow Cheer Squad" by any means) has seen the actual product in person and he says that the Prod. Pics at SST don't even come near to doing it justice.

Lets wait till we see it in person before we make rash judgments. I am still very excited for Obi-Wan.:chew

clarenced said:
there's a chain of stores in Singapore that is a distributor locally for sideshow stuff
they brought it in, and it arrived coupla days back, on the 5th?
actually,right in front you,the fig is not all THAT bad, i'd say, IMHO its the same quality as the production piece for luke.the wrinkles are still there,albeit faint, the skin's got a sligggggghhhhht pinkish hue, the hair looks a lil lighter,not the dark muddy mess we all saw.
as with the other figs, i'd wait out till i have em in hand,before makin snap decisions to cancel orders.
it's not perfect, but neither is it terrible...seriously, the pics on the ssc webbie really DON'T do the fig justice..come on, where's the love for OB1?
haha!

i'll be gettin mine soon to duel with my sith anakin.i even drew ani (avatar) to uh....'commemorate the uh....coming of OB1'
:D

Ok, so you saw it in person and say it's not all THAT bad...

That doesn't sound all THAT good to me...

Back