No Time To Die (2020 Bond film)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I’ve got a bunch of white/gray in my facial hair. A new one today was noticing a bunch of white hair in one of my eyebrows. The BIGGEST issue with hair I’ve noticed in my 30s is the seemingly endless replication of ear hair LOL. maybe they’re wrapping around my brain....
That and frustratingly fast growing nasal hair :lol

Speaking of that Nick Fury toy - I have these favorites from childhood on my desk, figured you guys would get a kick out of them.

A257934F-D2BD-40E9-A098-353F295E8378.jpeg

Power-arm T-800, of course. And that Boba Fett was among maybe the first 3 Star Wars figure from the reborn 1995 line that I ever had. I think the others were Pilot Luke (which I think was actually based on the snowspeeder outfit) and Lando Calrissian.

Yep, you’re right about Snowspeeder Luke. I’ve got all of my POTF toys still, Boba is the one I always like to mess around when I should be getting work done so I keep him handy lol.

I had that whole line of Kenner Terminator toys, that was a great Christmas. My dad used to buy doubles of these, thinking I’d pass them to my son as an adult, so he’s got a case of the Terminator and Aliens/Predator ones in the attic :lol

From a toy-historical perspective those POTF2ers would be worth keeping although I think I let most of mine degrade and discolor so I don't display any of them anymore.

From the Kenner Terminator line I only ever had the Endoskeleton and the T-1000 that was half cop half liquid metal. Even then it annoyed me that you couldn't get a proper representation of Arnold in T2 - and certainly nothing at all from T1. Amazing to think that T1 toys didn't really start happening properly till 2009.

From a toy-historical perspective those POTF2ers would be worth keeping although I think I let most of mine degrade and discolor so I don't display any of them anymore.

From the Kenner Terminator line I only ever had the Endoskeleton and the T-1000 that was half cop half liquid metal. Even then it annoyed me that you couldn't get a proper representation of Arnold in T2 - and certainly nothing at all from T1. Amazing to think that T1 toys didn't really start happening properly till 2009.
That Endoskeleton is still an awesome figure to me. I agree about no proper Arnold, even at that young age it annoyed me too. But hey, we got the Terminator convertible coupe and motorcycle :rotfl

I occasionally still get called ''young man'' by people who I don't think are saying it sarcastically or condescendingly so things can't be too bad yet :lol
Still happens to me, but that's partly because I work in film full-time now and a lot of the producers and veteran union people are in their 60s ... it's all relative.

Still happens to me, but that's partly because I work in film full-time now and a lot of the producers and veteran union people are in their 60s ... it's all relative.
Film full-time huh? Sounds pretty cool

That’s great. It seems to be a very rare thing to be able to get paid to do something you love. I maintain that I would’ve been a great actor if I was just better looking and a better actor...
It's complicated. I've loved aspects of other work over the years, but this time there's a confluence of factors and goals that just work together like nothing else. I feel like I've waited half my life to be in the proverbial right place at the right time, and I'm not going to waste this opportunity.

The Goldeneye N64 was probably the most influential and popular thing from the Brosnan era.

Ok, how about, the Craig films made the franchise relevant in the 21st century?

Like growing up with the PT.
Because of Goldeneye 64, I got into the James Bond films. Ever since then I was hooked. Then three deployments later when you are overseas you do nothing but watch the Bond films and behind the stuff on repeat and they became legendary 🤣🤣

A huge complaint for me was thinking the game was like the movie mostly because I played the game before watching the actual movie haha

It's complicated. I've loved aspects of other work over the years, but this time there's a confluence of factors and goals that just work together like nothing else. I feel like I've waited half my life to be in the proverbial right place at the right time, and I'm not going to waste this opportunity.
Good for you, friend. That’s a special thing to have, and I think even equally special to have the presence of mind to appreciate it.

Because of Goldeneye 64, I got into the James Bond films. Ever since then I was hooked. Then three deployments later when you are overseas you do nothing but watch the Bond films and behind the stuff on repeat and they became legendary 🤣🤣

A huge complaint for me was thinking the game was like the movie mostly because I played the game before watching the actual movie haha
I think the game was close to the movie.
I've done that occasionally but the hairs right around the rim of the nostrils are agony to pull.

By agony, do you mean difficult to get to or painful? If it's pain, then you haven't done it enough or long enough to desensitized the area. If you do it long enough, you will feel no pain.

I could never make heads or tails in how to get into that industry. Always seemed like unions really don't want you to join, at least like attempt I made a long time ago.

Back