No Time To Die (2020 Bond film)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH, OK. Yeah, I never really liked NSNA. Same reasons in 1983 as I have with Indy 5 today... but Connery back then was shamefully only in his 50's. :lol

"Padme's Disease" is classic. I see this term becoming canon around here for years to come.

I also agree with JAWS that if the movie was better I might have found the ending more tragic. But Bond is not something that I go to for 'tragedy'; so emotionally I'm just not ready to share that with him. Next thing you know, they'll add 'romantic comedy' to John Wick.
It’s the way of things in Cinema, we laugh now but 50 years down the road the MCU might be a gigantic musical lololol

You really hit the nail on the head and the emotion I was trying to convey in regards to the end of No Time to Die, it’s not the fact that it wasn’t liked, it was the fact that we are emotionally invested in Action, not the tragedy from the ending… lol

I also agree with JAWS that if the movie was better I might have found the ending more tragic. But Bond is not something that I go to for 'tragedy'; so emotionally I'm just not ready to share that with him. Next thing you know, they'll add 'romantic comedy' to John Wick.
Yep all of this.

I don’t want tragedy in my Bond films. It worked for OHMSS and CR but killing off bond in a less then stellar film just left me empty and frustrated

I think the old Bond we know and love is gone for good… Nobody has the guts to make Bond the man we know and love… Maybe one day when people don’t go to see PC Bond films anymore.

Bond the character is what separated the 007 films from the other action films out there.

Now we have Mission Impossible movies that kick the crap out of bond films in terms of action and over the top set pieces.

So unless we get the more classic Bond in terms of personality, I’m not sure I care anymore.

Yep all of this.

I don’t want tragedy in my Bond films. It worked for OHMSS and CR but killing off bond in a less then stellar film just left me empty and frustrated

I think the old Bond we know and love is gone for good… Nobody has the guts to make Bond the man we know and love… Maybe one day when people don’t go to see PC Bond films anymore.
Nothing stays the same forever. It's all cycles. Classic Bond will be back. Hopefully in our lifetime.

Now we have Mission Impossible movies that kick the crap out of bond films in terms of action and over the top set pieces.

I think Bond films have been getting their ass kicked since the 80's when it comes to the action, maybe even the 70's. :lol

I wish Connery had been the old guy living in Bond's old house in Skyfall. I think it would have been a good final role for him in the franchise that made him famous.

Yeah, its makes it weird, like multiverse crap.

Its odd enough that Joe Don Baker played a villain and then Bond's American contact... or Charles Gray who played a contact in YOLT then shows up as Blofeld in DAF.

Not that I'd think it would work, but Connery would have made a good Bond villain around the time he played that goofball weather-master in The Avengers.

Craig would make a good new Red Grant (well, 10 years ago).

Yeah, its makes it weird, like multiverse crap.

Its odd enough that Joe Don Baker played a villain and then Bond's American contact... or Charles Gray who played a contact in YOLT then shows up as Blofeld in DAF.

That's nothing. If it was up to me, the next Bond film would have the new Bond actor walk by a wall with pictures of all the previous Bond actors in the new MI6 HQ. That would drive some people mad with their continuity and 007 "code name" theories. 😌

Nothing stays the same forever. It's all cycles. Classic Bond will be back. Hopefully in our lifetime.

I think Bond films have been getting their ass kicked since the 80's when it comes to the action, maybe even the 70's. :lol
Well this is true

But MI films are spy films in the same formula as Bond. That’s where my comparison comes from.

Goldeneye at the time was a solid action film though. That Tank Chase is still a classic.

Goldeneye is a John Barry score away from being a perfect Bond movie.

It will be the day where we could see Brosnan and Dalton all like oh Hey poor Craig, RIP lololol. Talk about a huge META

Finally watched. Lame end for Bond, and at the end of this film I feel exactly like M and company after their toast: "All right back to work."

It felt Bond-like for moments here and there, but it succumbed to the melancholia and brooding that's plagued the Craig series.

I'll say this about the Craig era. It elevated the franchise to an A-list level franchise, both financially and visually. It became a billion dollars franchise, unlike previous films. Visually and stylistically the Craig film were upgraded. The Brosnan films never looked or performed as well as the Craig films. They were financially successful, but they were almost B level movies. I don't know how big of a hit the Bond films were in the 60s and 70s when compared to other films of that era, but in the 80s and 90s they weren't as big as Batman or other blockbusters.

I'll say this about the Craig era. It elevated the franchise to an A-list level franchise, both financially and visually. It became a billion dollars franchise, unlike previous films. Visually and stylistically the Craig film were upgraded. The Brosnan films never looked or performed as well as the Craig films. They were financially successful, but they were almost B level movies. I don't know how big of a hit the Bond films were in the 60s and 70s when compared to other films of that era, but in the 80s and 90s they weren't as big as Batman or other blockbusters.
/\THIS/\

All Craig era complainers and whiners take note!

Man, you're young.
With inflation adjusted, Thunderball and Goldfinger are around a bil each, depending on what article you read.

Back