No Hot Toys Oldman Gordon - Explained

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah realistically, how many little kids are gonna buy a LT. Gordan figure when it's sitting next to Batman, Joker & Two-Face!? And beyond that, yeah there's a minor demand in the 1/6 scale community but why take the risk when HT knows another Joker and/or Batman figure would sell better.

Yet you have to take into consideration what sort of line we are talking about
here. Sure no kid will or can invest that sort of money in a $150 dollar figure
as oppose to a $10 figure. Since HT is geared towards adult collectors and
since Gordon is an important character within the film its more likely a
Gordon figure can sell fairly well amongst the 1/6 community.

Yet you have to take into consideration what sort of line we are talking about
here. Sure no kid will or can invest that sort of money in a $150 dollar figure
as oppose to a $10 figure. Since HT is geared towards adult collectors and
since Gordon is an important character within the film its more likely a
Gordon figure can sell fairly well amongst the 1/6 community.

Trouble is though, would the money you get back from 1 high end figure, which is likely all it be used for, be worth the efforts it takes to secure a likeness right? I imagine it's not just as simple as adding that verbage in the contract or it would have just been done, there has to be some level of negotiation and compensation and WB may have said not worth it, especially if Oldman wanted more compensation than WB was willing to offer. Sadly, we only get small bits on the politics that go on in the background of this business and never fully understand what it takes to get products out there, I bet some cased would be mind blowing.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a 12" Bruce Wayne or a couple more versions of the Joker get released (Cop, Nurse, Interrogation). I'd still prefer we get Alfred, Dawes, or Fox before we get the 4th Joker fig though.

If you look at the HT pics of the Harvey Dent figure you'll see a Bruce that looks like he has an all new HS in a three piece suit.

oh look... HT is having some likeness issues. big surprise.

sucks for them. i would've bought this figure.

I seem to remember McFarlane having trouble using Oldmans likenes for their "Dracula" figures . ( What was planned as a line ended up as a "two-pack"). Though , Horizon's "Armoured Dracula " vinyl kit had a pretty good likeness .

I seem to remember McFarlane having trouble using Oldmans likenes for their "Dracula" figures . ( What was planned as a line ended up as a "two-pack"). Though , Horizon's "Armoured Dracula " vinyl kit had a pretty good likeness .

That's what I was thinking of as well. I don't remember if it was a question of money or if Oldman simply refused the rights, but lack of likeness rights is why McFarlane produced the Bat and Wolf versions of Dracula rather than any of the human incarnations.

The Bruce Wayne that was mentioned ?
untitled-32.jpg

That would be the one...there was another pic of him too same kind of posing where you saw the face better. Some swear its just the TDK Bruce sculpt, some say they swear there is a smirk on it...either way its a figure that most assumed was coming.

I'd love a Wayne with a proper hair style, not the just took the cowl off look.

man. i was just looking at the armored dracula kit on ebay a couple days ago. co-inky-dink.
it's amazing. i think i want to get it if it's 1:6.

i wonder if anybody has tried to turn it into a 1:6 figure...

At least we know now that Hot Toys WANTS to make a Gordon and why nobody else has made a Gordon yet. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Can't we get a "police comissioner" from their military lines :monkey3

I wouldn't expect a HT Gordon anytime soon, if ever.

I do hope they do an Alfred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back