No Hot Toys Oldman Gordon - Explained

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the reason I haven't made my TDK Bruce yet. The rumors are really strong that its coming.

I've got Saturday Toys suit coming for my Andy B. Bale head custom, but I also welcome a Hot Toys to have a more Fortune 500 looking Wayne portrait, plus a suit that's accurrate to something he wears on screen would be nice too.

Yeah, I already have a Bruce in Sat suit and an AB Bale head.

The AB Bale head is about as good as it gets.

Bring on Alfred! Who doesn't want a Caine!

I'd like Alfred. As much as I praise Andy's head for it's Bale likeness, I'd still like a head with hair like this:

002613399695.jpg

Andy's is more a casual, at home hair style, I want one good head of Bale as Wayne that carries the look of the businessman side of him.

Seems like HT is jumping through hoops to get Arnie's likeness rights for Dutch, so I can see how they might not think it's worth it to do Gordon if Oldman's likeness rights aren't in the contract already. I'm sure that WB probably included them as they would for all major actors for a tentpole film, but perhaps Oldman nixed it and WB didn't pursue it because they didn't think they'd need to make Gordon toys.

Very disappointing though. And HT has to be more careful now with likeness rights since they're under the spotlight now. So I wouldn't expect a SWAT captain with a familiar face in the military line.

That's my guess, that whatever terms for securing rights in contract from Oldman were, they didn't feel it worthwhile given what little merchandise they'd use it for.

One thing we have to remember is not too read too much into the posting. Nothing against Dave Martin but it simply says a reliable source. That's it. Not official press release not from a sculptor at HT directly, just reliable source. That could be an HT Dealer, another insider or Yulli herself for all we know. Not to mention that there are plenty of times were these reliable sources have been wrong before. Second, it says that its outside the realm of the license that's it. It doesn't say it won't happen just probably not. It even says that they aren't sure if its set in stone. Most likely scenario is that Oldman wasn't included in the likeness rights because Gordon isn't really a hot merchandise seller and HT has to go and get it from Oldman himself. They probably haven't even done it most likely because of the Predator debacle but it doesn't mean that someone isn't already on it over there.

The quote really tells us nothing more than "just don't predict he is next". It really gives no further information than that. Here is the other thing, if Gordon isn't secured in the license parameters then Michael Caine's Alfred, Katie Holmes/Maggie Gyllenhaal's Rachel Dawes or even Morgan Freeman's Lucius Fox are probably included. Gordon would be a far superior seller compared to any of the lower tiered characters there.

If HT is going to release more TDK figures, I hope it'll be the re-release of the 1st Joker with the BR head and a re-release of the Batman new costume with sticky bomb launcher and sonar eyes extra head. Or maybe Rachel Dawes with Maggie Gyllenhaal main head and extra Kathie Holmes head (if no Gordon)... just kidding:lol

Last edited:
That would be the one...there was another pic of him too same kind of posing where you saw the face better. Some swear its just the TDK Bruce sculpt, some say they swear there is a smirk on it...either way its a figure that most assumed was coming.

Just saw your pics about the bruce and I am pretty certain that this is NOT a new bruce sulpting. I know this because I have got the magazine in hand (That is a HK magazine and I live in HK). That one is just the normal TDK bruce head with Trutype figure + suit. As such, I do not believe that this is a new sculpt

No way will that happen anytime soon. Hasn't DCD just started releasing this?

What do u mean vodoun? I have never head that DCD is releaseing a DCD DK batman WITH a sticky bomb gun. I have been wanting a HT TDK batman with SOLAR VISION head + sticky bomb gun soon ... hope they will make it.. and hope ppl will support

What do u mean vodoun? I have never head that DCD is releaseing a DCD DK batman WITH a sticky bomb gun. I have been wanting a HT TDK batman with SOLAR VISION head + sticky bomb gun soon ... hope they will make it.. and hope ppl will support

Vodoun means that DCD is still selling the original TDK suit figure, making odds higher against a second version of that figure with sticky gun and other goodies unlikely.

Vodoun means that DCD is still selling the original TDK suit figure, making odds higher against a second version of that figure with sticky gun and other goodies unlikely.

thx Maul Fan :)
o right.. Darn totaly forgot that DCD 's releasing it :banghead:banghead But i think it doesnt stop HT from releasing another Bats, since DCD will delay WAY later from the Hong Kong shipping dates anywayz.

If they did a dedicated Bruce with a killer likeness (the ones out there, including Andy's and both Ht's versions are good, but just arent drop dead good) i'd be up for him.

Not gordon appearently. I just caved in, and I'm probobly gonna jump on the chris howes bandwagon for gordon now.

Yeah I don't think I wanna drop another $150 for another Batman or Joker,I'm happy with what I got. I'm going to probably get Howes' custom Alfred,Gordon and Fox heads.

It has to be something with the actor or his agent. I remember the Batman Begins game and his likeness and voice was the only one not allowed.

this canbe easily solved by ht... just release a swat figure with oldman's likeness. they did that with terrance howard, edward norton and a bunch of other celebrities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back