Nintendo DS Games

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By that logic you could also say the 80gb PS3 sucks because it doesn't play PS1/PS2 games.

Amen. Stupid to take backwards compatibility off when it was there to begin with. DSi sucks for that very reason and a PS3 without it sucks too. I have a DS Lite and a digital camera. I also have an iPhone where I can listen to music in a widely supported format. DSi is a waste of money if you already own those things in my honest opinion.

Yeah, the DSi lacking GBA support is disappointing, but I think it'll be a great new addition to the DS family once its features are steadily utilized in games. The camera isn't there just to take pictures, it has already been implemented as a function in games like that new WarioWare game.

However, I don't think it's worth the upgrade at all, especially if you consider that the DS platform is already 5 years old and that Nintendo's probably done developing its successor.

The Gba compatibility is not an issue with me because I never had one so I don't have any of the games. The Wario game is short but it shows you 2 things. The first being how silly you look when you play a game and second how future games can integrate the camera to be used on the DSI.

If you don't have a DS or a bunch of GBA games then I would go with the DSI. Oh and Conger my son has a RE game he brought back from Florida I will have to try it out and let you know how it is.

The next game I am looking to get is either FF3 or Age of Empires:Mythologies. Does anybody have any input on either of these games

The Gba compatibility is not an issue with me because I never had one so I don't have any of the games. The Wario game is short but it shows you 2 things. The first being how silly you look when you play a game and second how future games can integrate the camera to be used on the DSI.

If you don't have a DS or a bunch of GBA games then I would go with the DSI. Oh and Conger my son has a RE game he brought back from Florida I will have to try it out and let you know how it is.

The next game I am looking to get is either FF3 or Age of Empires:Mythologies. Does anybody have any input on either of these games

Sweet, didn't know they made a Resident Evil for the DS. Let me know how it goes.

trauma_center_ds_usa.jpg

hotelduskroom215box.jpg

ds_New%20Super%20Mario%20Bros.jpg

L10854377.jpg

I don't got no favorite games, but invest in a R4 card. It's worth it and it can hold up to 50+ games in a 2GB memory card. You can also swap out and upload hundreds of different games. I got 2 DS lite for the wife and I and 1 DS original for my son and 2 R4 cards. My son loves the game where you take care of the dogs.

I don't got no favorite games, but invest in a R4 card. It's worth it and it can hold up to 50+ games in a 2GB memory card. You can also swap out and upload hundreds of different games. I got 2 DS lite for the wife and I and 1 DS original for my son and 2 R4 cards. My son loves the game where you take care of the dogs.

Or you can support the hard working developers by BUYING THESE GAMES.

Sweet, didn't know they made a Resident Evil for the DS. Let me know how it goes.

I have RE for the DS and it's pretty fun. It's basically RE1 with some new stuff thrown in.

From Wikipedia:

Deadly Silence
Resident Evil: Deadly Silence

An enhanced Nintendo DS port of the original Resident Evil, titled Resident Evil: Deadly Silence was made to commemorate the tenth anniversary of the series. Deadly Silence includes a "Classic Mode", the original game with minimal enhancements and touch-screen support, and a "Rebirth Mode", containing a greater amount of enemies and a series of new puzzles that make use of the hardware's unique features.

The game makes use of the dual screen display with the top screen used to display the map, along with the player's remaining ammunition and health (determined by the color of the background); while the bottom screen displays the main gameplay, and can be switched to show the player's inventory. The graphics were mildly enhanced, and the game also included updated play mechanics: the 180-degree turn introduced in Resident Evil 3, along with the knife button and tactical reload from Resident Evil 4. The updated controls are applicable to both Classic and Rebirth modes. Dialog and loading screens can be skipped. The live-action footage was still censored, even in the game's Japanese release; however, the scene showing Kenneth's decapitated head was kept.

In "Rebirth", new puzzles are added which make use of the system's touch-screen to solve them. "Knife Battle" sequences, viewed from a first-person perspective, are also added, in which the player must fend off incoming enemies by swinging the knife via the stylus. One particular puzzle requires the player to resuscitate an injured comrade by blowing into the built-in microphone. The player can also shake off enemies by using the touch screen and performing a melee attack.

The game also includes wireless LAN support for up to four players with two different multiplayer game modes. The first is a cooperative mode in which each player must help each other solve puzzles and escape the mansion together. The other is a competitive mode in which the objective is to get the highest score out of all the players by destroying the most monsters, with the tougher monsters being worth more points. There are three playable multiplayer stages and nine playable characters.

So I just got a DS and want to pick up some games. Wanted to know your guys' favorite games.

Make sure Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow is on your list bro... I had something like 24 DS titles but nothing blew me away like Castlevania DS. Infact that's probably fun I've had on a portable title in a very long time, if not ever...

Also watch out for the Zelda: The Spirit Tracks on the DS it looks like the Phantom Hour Glass but it is a new story
SHould be out by the End of the Year looks promising

I got one, they are fun.

Back