NHL 09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KitFisto

Super Freak
Reaction score
What a great game. I know that none here will buy it, but I just played my first online team game and had a blast. You can have up to 12 players ( 6 per team ) and you lock into the position you want. I played right D my first game and had a goal and an assist. We won 6-3. Great game. Sadly, most here will not understand as "shooters" are the only game they like to play :monkey2

I liked NHL 08 and may get 09 sometime but EA's games this year outside of NCAA and Tiger have had too many issues.

Yeah I hear you, if they ever implemented it into the playoffs I think there'd be riots everywhere! :D

Sadly, if Bettman gets his way I think it will end up in the playoffs. And yes, die hard hockey fans will go nuts!

Sadly, if Bettman gets his way I think it will end up in the playoffs. And yes, die hard hockey fans will go nuts!

With all of the attention and potential t.v. add profits I would doubt they would want the games to end quickly in the playoffs. I've never seen anything wrong with playing a game out to a tie (regulation) but I admit I don't mind watching shoot outs.

It stiffs the goaltenders in the end.

With all of the attention and potential t.v. add profits I would doubt they would want the games to end quickly in the playoffs. I've never seen anything wrong with playing a game out to a tie (regulation) but I admit I don't mind watching shoot outs.

It stiffs the goaltenders in the end.

The issue is many of the networks want "schedulng certainty" and don't like multi OT games.

The issue is many of the networks want "schedulng certainty" and don't like multi OT games.

Yeah, the VS network has such great programming on all the time :lol

I love the new rule changes. I would be very turned off if they implemented them into the playoffs. There is nothing better than playoff hockey. And so much of that is centered around sudden death overtimes. Is there anything better in sports than a game 7 that goes to sudden death? You're on the edge of your seat every second.

Yeah, the VS network has such great programming on all the time :lol

I love the new rule changes. I would be very turned off if they implemented them into the playoffs. There is nothing better than playoff hockey. And so much of that is centered around sudden death overtimes. Is there anything better in sports than a game 7 that goes to sudden death? You're on the edge of your seat every second.

Until a ****** ref calls a ridiculous neutral zone tripping call that costs your team the series. Game 7 sudden death OT and the ref makes a sad call like that. I'm still not over it.

I hate shoot outs! I was at the Bears and Phantoms game this Saturday and it went into a shootout and the Bears lost. :monkey2

Back