NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
question:

What are your thoughts on people who root for teams that aren't local? An associate of mine thinks that's a huge no-no. I personally don't care why a person chooses to root for a team as long as they stick by them when the going gets bad.

I've had friends or girlfriends pick a team for all sorts of reasons: They knew one of the players, they like the colors, they follow a certain player because of something they did outside of the game, their previous favorite local team moved away so they picked a new one, etc.

It's just a case of different strokes for different folks. I don't get bothered by it at all.

question:

What are your thoughts on people who root for teams that aren't local? An associate of mine thinks that's a huge no-no. I personally don't care why a person chooses to root for a team as long as they stick by them when the going gets bad.

I've had friends or girlfriends pick a team for all sorts of reasons: They knew one of the players, they like the colors, they follow a certain player because of something they did outside of the game, their previous favorite local team moved away so they picked a new one, etc.

Not that big a deal, but once it's picked stick with it and keep it to one. I just don't understand people who trot out 5 "favorite" teams and give convoluted power ranking rules for how they cheer on certain weekends.

Not that big a deal, but once it's picked stick with it and keep it to one. I just don't understand people who trot out 5 "favorite" teams and give convoluted power ranking rules for how they cheer on certain weekends.

I can see switching in some circumstances. As a kid I was a Raiders fan, but when they left I hated them and became a Chargers fan. I have routed for other teams though due to having friends or my dad's former players in the NFL.

My wife only roots for whoever Peyton Manning plays for. As a kid I rooted for the Atlanta Braves, even though I lived in Louisiana. I didn't have a local MLB team, but I suspect there are lots of NFL fans that are in the same boat (no team in Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, etc.). To each their own.

question:

Some places have to. Growing up in New Mexico it was either Dallas, Denver or Oakland that we were bombarded with at all times. I hated them all then in 1979 I became a Buccaneers fan. Been with them ever since and now that I am in Seattle the Seahawks are my #2 team but the Bucs stay at #1. There are a lot of teams I like and root for but I don't consider myself a FAN of them.

question:

ive been a broncos fan ever since i started watching football. i loved the way john elway played and have rooted for them ever since. when i moved to san diego people hated me for rooting for the broncos

Not me. I can't find myself to root for other teams. That's why I hate fantasy football. I do like other players but I admire their work. I don't root for them to do well though.

Every now and then I find players I really like and I have no shame in saying that I cheer them on. I had no affinity for either the Colts or the Rams, but I loved Marshall Faulk's game in college and followed his NFL career. When Trent Green went down and some guy named Kurt Warner came from no where I couldn't help be a Rams fan...now I don't care about the Rams. Same with Garrison Hearst. I followed pretty much every team he was on and rooted for them.

I'm much worse in baseball where there are like 5 teams I have liked over the course of my life, that I would love to see win the series. None of them are bandwagon teams as they've rarely been any good. :lol

I thought this game was going to be much closer. That fumble by Richardson took everything out of Indy.

Get back to KC and see that we're winning by a lot. I thought KC would win but right now it's better than I expected.

Back