NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow I know all you guys are young ,Bradshaw at # 8 the guy won 4 super bowls !! Marino zero, Young 1, Farve 1, Manning 1, Elway 2,

Young has 3. He may have been backing up Montana but he still has them and lets face it if he was with anyone else he'd have been starting. I almost took Marino off and added Aikman who I think was pretty damn good too.

Young has 3. He may have been backing up Montana but he still has them and lets face it if he was with anyone else he'd have been starting. I almost took Marino off and added Aikman who I think was pretty damn good too.
Yea your right about Steve Young, being on those great 49er teams backing up Montana, and he would have been starting with most other NFL teams, my bad... and I forgot about Aikman too, hell he won 3 super bowls, that would be a tough call. Aikman was a tough sob, all on your list are great QB's, how would you rate Drew Brees if he wins another? I like him I've watched pro football since the 70's and I think he's one of the best I've seen :gun

here's one you probably dont know, Jim Plunkett of the Raiders dont know his stats but he won 2 super bowls with the Oakland and LA Raiders he's not a top 10 by all means but he was a quality QB and could win a big game.... thx for making me go down NFL memory lane lol ! this is a cool post

Yea your right about Steve Young, being on those great 49er teams backing up Montana, and he would have been starting with most other NFL teams, my bad... and I forgot about Aikman too, hell he won 3 super bowls, that would be a tough call. Aikman was a tough sob, all on your list are great QB's, how would you rate Drew Brees if he wins another? I like him I've watched pro football since the 70's and I think he's one of the best I've seen :gun

Its funny with Young just how much credit he doesn't get by a lot of folks. It was funny being a 49ers fan during those days with having two great QB's on their roster. I hate the cowboys honestly but man Aikman was a tough SOB like you said. Yeah, all those guys are great and honestly you could really move many of them around or add a couple that I didn't have. IMO Montana is the best of the best hands down though.

If Brees wins another I think you have to start talking about him in that list. If he can get a MVP that would help his case too. He really reminds me of a right handed Steve Young. Can rack up the stats and manages the game really well. That was the fun part of watching him and Manning in the SB. Two guys who manage a game really well and can put up some numbers.

here's one you probably dont know, Jim Plunkett of the Raiders dont know his stats but he won 2 super bowls with the Oakland and LA Raiders he's not a top 10 by all means but he was a quality QB and could win a big game.... thx for making me go down NFL memory lane lol ! this is a cool post

Oh I know Jim Plunkett. Played for the 49ers too if I recall. Plunkett is one of those guys who has multiple rings but isn't one of the all time greats. That being said he's a solid qb who could win a game if needed but probably wouldn't shoot ya in the foot.

To start yes I'm a 49ers fan.

Kit you obviously don't know his stats very well do you. He ranks among the best qb in multiple categories, has three super bowl rings, etc. Not to mention he did pretty well in the USFL before coming over.

# 7× Pro Bowl selection (1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998)
# 3× First Team All-Pro selection (1992, 1993, 1994)
# 3× Second Team All-Pro selection (1995, 1997, 1998)
# 3× Super Bowl champion (XXIII, XXIV, XXIX)
# Super Bowl XXIX MVP
# 2× NFL MVP (1992, 1994)
# 2× PFWA NFL MVP (1992, 1994)
# 2× NEA NFL MVP (1992, 1994)
# AP NFL Offensive Player of the Year (1992)
# 2× UPI NFC Player of the Year (1992, 1994)
# 2× NFC Offensive Player of the Year (1992, 1994)
# 2× Bert Bell Award (1992, 1994)

* Highest Passer Rating, Career - 96.8 [5]
* Most Rushing Touchdowns by a QB, Career - 43 [6]
* Most Passing Titles, Career - 6 (tied w/Sammy Baugh) [5]
* Most Consecutive Passing Titles - 4 (1991-94) [5]
* Most Seasons With a Passer Rating Over 100, Career - 6 (1991-94, 1997-98) [7]
* Most Consecutive Games w/300+ Yards Passing - 6 (Young was the first QB to do this in 1998; Kurt Warner (2000) and Rich Gannon (2002) have since tied the mark) [5]
* One of only 4 QB's to lead the league in touchdown passes 4 times (tied w/Johnny Unitas, Brett Favre, and Len Dawson) [5]
* Most Passes Attempted, Playoff Game - 65 vs. Green Bay, 1995 [8]
* Most TD Passes, Playoff Game - 6 (tied w/Daryle Lamonica) [8]
* Most TD Passes in one Super Bowl - 6 [9]

I know all about "stats" and where he ranks doesn't state that he stepped into a SB team. He was very good, but not a GREAT QB IMO and he was a product of stepping into the perfect situation. Put him on a different team and then show me. I think he was very good, but you're looking through 49er fan colored glasses there.

I know all about "stats" and where he ranks doesn't state that he stepped into a SB team. He was very good, but not a GREAT QB IMO and he was a product of stepping into the perfect situation. Put him on a different team and then show me. I think he was very good, but you're looking through 49er fan colored glasses there.

You could say that about any number of players though Kit. Put them on a different team and lets see what they do. Young was well good enough to lead any team good enough to get to the SB there and win. Not to mention he's in the HOF which usually is reserved for the best of the best. No, I'm not looking through any kind of colored glasses. Just stating simple fact that Young is among the best to ever play his position.

You are dead to me! :cuss

I hate Marino. :lol

Sorry dude, I love ya, but there is no way you can say Young won 3 SB's. You were right with the back up comment. That's like saying Mark Brunell was a SB wining QB this year. Not hardly. He watched Drew win.

Young WON 1 SB and watched Montana win the other 2 he was sitting on the bench for. Hell, I could have won one throwing to Jerry Rice in his prime LOL

I am not slamming young. He was VERY good, but not in the top 10 ever IMO and he didn't win 3 SB's.

Hey what do all of you think of Tim Tebow as a pro all the experts think he will fail, I like his size and toughness I think he'll be allright so what do you think?

I think he could be a great fullback, and could work well in Wildcat plays here and there. But honestly, I think the Wildcat is a bust in the NFL except for a stray play here or there. Teams were able to figure it out last year (even the freakin' Saints D figured it out against the Eagles and Fins), and it just isn't consistent enough to win you games every week.

So, probably as a fullback, he could work, but I'm not sure if his skill set really distinguishes him from other potential fullbacks.

I don't see him taking over as a full-time QB, though I do think he could do a better job than Jamarcus Russell. Though honestly, I could probably do a better job than he has.

Hey what do all of you think of Tim Tebow as a pro all the experts think he will fail, I like his size and toughness I think he'll be allright so what do you think?

He was awful in the Senior Bowl, and the triple option doesn't work in the pros ... so he won't do well. Not only that, but you just can't run like he did at Florida against a pro defense; he wouldn't last a season.

If someone is willing to draft him and work with him. I think he could be a decent pro qb. He's got the skills and work ethic to make it work but it all depends on if someone is willing to give him a chance.

If someone is willing to draft him and work with him. I think he could be a decent pro qb. He's got the skills and work ethic to make it work but it all depends on if someone is willing to give him a chance.
Yeah, to some extent I feel I may have bought in to what all the "analysts" have been saying (and his display during the Senior Bowl). But at the end of the day, no one knows who is going to be great or who is going to be a bust. Drafting a QB is a crap shoot, because no matter how good you are in college, there is really no way to know how someone is going to make it in the NFL until they get in there and play. Who would have predicted when he was at Michigan that Tom Brady would become a great, all-time QB? And who would have imagined that Brady Quinn or Leinert would have played as horribly as both have so far? They were supposedly "ready" for the NFL based on the teams they played against and their specific physical abilities and skills, but quite frequently that just doesn't mean a damn thing. Go up against an NFL defense and we'll see how good you really are.

Yeah, to some extent I feel I may have bought in to what all the "analysts" have been saying (and his display during the Senior Bowl). But at the end of the day, no one knows who is going to be great or who is going to be a bust. Drafting a QB is a crap shoot, because no matter how good you are in college, there is really no way to know how someone is going to make it in the NFL until they get in there and play. Who would have predicted when he was at Michigan that Tom Brady would become a great, all-time QB? And who would have imagined that Brady Quinn or Leinert would have played as horribly as both have so far? They were supposedly "ready" for the NFL based on the teams they played against and their specific physical abilities and skills, but quite frequently that just doesn't mean a damn thing. Go up against an NFL defense and we'll see how good you really are.

ryan leaf :monkey4

totally agree here. I know I've thought plenty of guys would be awesome but didn't turn out great at all and vice versa. I'm rooting for Tebow as I think he's a class act kid that I would like to see many young people strive to be like.

I just wanted to make sure this thread does not get buried too deep by throwing Ryan Leaf's name on this unpleasant side of the list of pleasant and unpleasant surprise QBs in the league.

One possible analogy for Tebow is Doug Flutie. He won the Heisman, and was considered a great college QB, but was severely under-rated as an NFL prospect. In fact, the idiots who base everything on size and measurable, physical ability never gave him a real shot in the NFL and drove him to the Canadian football league. Once there, he won multiple championships. Then, well over 10 years following his entry into the draft, he came back to the NFL and excelled, getting the Bills into the playoffs. But the idiots running the team he was on there payed millions of dollars for a talentless hack, so they benched Flutie once in the playoffs and basically ended his career so that they wouldn't look foolish. But they all did in the long-run, IMO. Doug Flutie could have been a really special NFL QB, but we will never know because he never got a chance because of short-sighted coaches, general managers, and owners.

Yea I agree I'm a Michigan fan and in a million years I never would have thought Brady would have done as well as he has in the NFL, I'm also rooting for Tebow he seems to be a good kid with a lot of determination I'm sooo tired of all the thugs in pro football

Back