NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rock

Brees is awesome!

Drew Brees is the man! :rock

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/UlpSG1ImNFg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/UlpSG1ImNFg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

Looks like Peyton had a meeting with Bill Polian :lol

https://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4904544&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Everyone's fault but Peyton's.

"It had nothing to do with strategy or preparedness or toughness or effort." Riiiight. :rolleyes:

Not a very nice thing for Polian to say about his team. Manning is a good quarterback and the Colts are a good team. They'll be back to the playoffs again and again. They just happened to be outcoached and outplayed in the Super Bowl and things just happened to go the Saints' way in terms of execution and play calling. And I will say that the Saints had heart and that can make a big difference in the way teams play. And that's just the way is it. Why piss people off and waste air pointing fingers and placing blame? I just don't see what that accomplishes.

I don't agree with everyone on that list, but I don't think it is totally out there or anything. I bet if Brady had gotten the 19-0 season, he may have been number 1 on that list.

My list. I took tark off and added Bradshaw. I will say if Drew Brees can keep up what he's done the last few years he could make this list. He's a genius out there and is a great leader. A guy I was tempted to add is Kurt Warner.

1. Montana
  2. Elway
  3. Young
  4. Unitas
  5. Farve
  6. Manning
  7. Brady
  8. Bradshaw
  9. Marino
  10. Stabuach

How in the world can you have Steve Young in the top 10 much less 3rd? He was good, but not great no way in the top 10. Were you a 49er fan?

Polian is making excuses for the Colts losing. Pointing fingers and moaning about the loss. None of that will make it any better. If anything it creates a rift between your players and the owner. :rolleyes:

I'm sure someone has probably already mentioned this...but...I'll say it again.

This Super Bowl was the MOST WATCHED TV show in television history! Over 106 million people worldwide watched it. :chew
It even beat the series finale of M*A*S*H in 1983! That was the most watched show until now. :D

There were records set by our Saints in this Super Bowl...

Our QB Drew Brees tied Tom Brady with 32 pass completions

Our kicker Garrett Hartley set a record of making 3 field goals of 44+ yards

No team had started the second half of the game with an onside kick...until the Saints did. Plus, they recovered it, and "stole a possession" from the Colts with the recovery. Then they marched down the field and scored a touchdown!

The Saints were the first team to win the Super Bowl in their FIRST Super Bowl appearance!

Thank You Saints!

The Colts only had 11...yes...ELEVEN fans greet them at the airport when they returned home. At our airport in New Orleans there were over 3,000 fans greeting the Saints!

Then, the Saints Super Bowl victory parade had over 800,000 fans in attendance this Tuesday!

www.neworleanssaints.com

:banana

Polian is making excuses for the Colts losing. Pointing fingers and moaning about the loss. None of that will make it any better. If anything it creates a rift between your players and the owner. :rolleyes:

Polian is a class jerk. Somehow there will be rules changes before next season, just like after the Pats manhandled Colts receivers a few years back.

Now that he's done Mike Pereira is also talking about Polian and his changes. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...phasis-on-illegal-contact-didnt-seem-logical/

How in the world can you have Steve Young in the top 10 much less 3rd? He was good, but not great no way in the top 10. Were you a 49er fan?

To start yes I'm a 49ers fan.

Kit you obviously don't know his stats very well do you. He ranks among the best qb in multiple categories, has three super bowl rings, etc. Not to mention he did pretty well in the USFL before coming over.

# 7× Pro Bowl selection (1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998)
# 3× First Team All-Pro selection (1992, 1993, 1994)
# 3× Second Team All-Pro selection (1995, 1997, 1998)
# 3× Super Bowl champion (XXIII, XXIV, XXIX)
# Super Bowl XXIX MVP
# 2× NFL MVP (1992, 1994)
# 2× PFWA NFL MVP (1992, 1994)
# 2× NEA NFL MVP (1992, 1994)
# AP NFL Offensive Player of the Year (1992)
# 2× UPI NFC Player of the Year (1992, 1994)
# 2× NFC Offensive Player of the Year (1992, 1994)
# 2× Bert Bell Award (1992, 1994)

* Highest Passer Rating, Career - 96.8 [5]
* Most Rushing Touchdowns by a QB, Career - 43 [6]
* Most Passing Titles, Career - 6 (tied w/Sammy Baugh) [5]
* Most Consecutive Passing Titles - 4 (1991-94) [5]
* Most Seasons With a Passer Rating Over 100, Career - 6 (1991-94, 1997-98) [7]
* Most Consecutive Games w/300+ Yards Passing - 6 (Young was the first QB to do this in 1998; Kurt Warner (2000) and Rich Gannon (2002) have since tied the mark) [5]
* One of only 4 QB's to lead the league in touchdown passes 4 times (tied w/Johnny Unitas, Brett Favre, and Len Dawson) [5]
* Most Passes Attempted, Playoff Game - 65 vs. Green Bay, 1995 [8]
* Most TD Passes, Playoff Game - 6 (tied w/Daryle Lamonica) [8]
* Most TD Passes in one Super Bowl - 6 [9]

Not to take away from any of the impressive things that Steve Young did, but wasn't Montana the QB in 2 of the 3 Superbowls that you list?

Well, he was on the team, thus a SB champion. Much like Phil Simms being a 2x Champ despite Jeff Hostetler starting XXV.

Same could be said of Drew Bledsoe when he went down with an injury the same season Tom Brady won his first Super Bowl as a starter with the Patriots.

My list. I took tark off and added Bradshaw. I will say if Drew Brees can keep up what he's done the last few years he could make this list. He's a genius out there and is a great leader. A guy I was tempted to add is Kurt Warner.

1. Montana
  2. Elway
  3. Young
  4. Unitas
  5. Farve
  6. Manning
  7. Brady
  8. Bradshaw
  9. Marino
  10. Stabuach
wow I know all you guys are young ,Bradshaw at # 8 the guy won 4 super bowls !! Marino zero, Young 1, Farve 1, Manning 1, Elway 2,

Back