NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. Golden Tate was down before the goal line. By rule, if the offensive team does not have a timeout in their pocket within the last two minutes, there’s a ten second runoff. It’s the rule. Does it suck? Maybe. But it’s the rule. Otherwise, the team in question would essentially get a free timeout/untimed play that they don’t deserve.

To me, Dez Bryant caught the ball three years ago in the divisional playoff against the Packers. Possession, two steps, then the ball comes loose as he went to the ground. By rule, it wasn’t a catch. By the eye test, it was. But rules are rules.

Yep. Golden Tate was down before the goal line. By rule, if the offensive team does not have a timeout in their pocket within the last two minutes, there’s a ten second runoff. It’s the rule. Does it suck? Maybe. But it’s the rule. Otherwise, the team in question would essentially get a free timeout/untimed play that they don’t deserve.

To me, Dez Bryant caught the ball three years ago in the divisional playoff against the Packers. Possession, two steps, then the ball comes loose as he went to the ground. By rule, it wasn’t a catch. By the eye test, it was. But rules are rules.

Moral of the story, don't waste you time outs. Better clock management.

Half my 1000 people survivor pool gone by week 3

Good bounce back win for Dallas, and nice to see Demarcus Lawrence finally living up to his potential, if only for one game. Now if they could only get Randy Gregory's head straight and back on the field, Dallas could potentially have some stud bookend pass rushers.

Jason Garrett and Scott Linehan are going to have to start game planning better as every team they face will be putting eight in the box and daring Dak Prescott to beat them. They faced two pretty good secondaries these last two weeks in Denver (Aqib Talib, and Chris Harris Jr.) and in Arizona (Patrick Peterson and slot corner Tyrann Mathieu).

Also, I am amazed every time I watch Larry Fitzgerald. That dude catches anything that gets near him.

Last edited:
Dude, I doubt we ever see Randy Gregory on the field again...and is Taco even dressing for these games? Sure don't ever hear his name.

Yeah, probably wishful thinking on my part.

I think Taco dressed for the game against the Giants, don't know about Denver...game wasn't broadcast in my area.

Did you watch the game? I am going to guess the answer is no.

You mean watch them win? That's all they need to do. Great running game, solid D and special teams, and a QB who takes care of the football and can make some big throws. Not to mention an impressive rookie QB waiting in the wings to take over the team. You expecting perfection with every game a team plays? 11-5 in 2015, 12-4 last year, and a 3-0 start this year. Things are looking up if your a Chiefs fan.

You mean watch them win? That's all they need to do. Great running game, solid D and special teams, and a QB who takes care of the football and can make some big throws. Not to mention an impressive rookie QB waiting in the wings to take over the team. You expecting perfection with every game a team plays? 11-5 in 2015, 12-4 last year, and a 3-0 start this year. Things are looking up if your a Chiefs fan.
They didn't actually play that well. Aside from the last TD they didn't do much on O without the help of Rivers who after the first two games knows he has to win the game and is taking to many chances. You may say look the D did there job and sure but what there O isn't going to work against better teams,

They didn't actually play that well. Aside from the last TD they didn't do much on O without the help of Rivers who after the first two games knows he has to win the game and is taking to many chances. You may say look the D did there job and sure but what there O isn't going to work against better teams,

It's one game. No team just rolls through a season without some games where the O or D doesn't struggle. The name of the game is winning and the Chiefs are doing that at an amazing pace the last few years. The D will pick up the O on some days and the opposite holds true as well. All teams struggle at points during the season. The good teams find a way to win those days they don't have their A game. The only negative for KC is Berry going down for the season. He's a HUGE part of the D and it remains to be seen how that may impact the team down the line.

The resurgence of Alex checkdown smith. He was so bad on the niners, probably only completed like 3 passes over 25 yards his whole stay here. He made me want to pull my hair out. The 49ers are still cursed by him, can't get a franchise qb to save their lives. Ever since they drafted smith it's been a dumster fire of mediocre qb. It's the curse of Alex smith for drafting him over Aaron Rogers. I'm sorry chiefs fans but he will never win you a Super Bowl he wilts in big games, just got to blitz and hit him hard. He will be rattled the rest of the game.. case n point NFC championship 49ers vs giants. There is a reason harbaugh dumped him for krapernick after that championship game. He played scared that whole game

Last edited:
The resurgence of Alex checkdown smith. He was so bad on the niners, probably only completed like 3 passes over 25 yards his whole stay here. He made me want to pull my hair out. The 49ers are still cursed by him, can't get a franchise qb to save their lives. Ever since they drafted smith it's been a dumster fire of mediocre qb. It's the curse of Alex smith for drafting him over Aaron Rogers. I'm sorry chiefs fans but he will never win you a Super Bowl he wilts in big games, just got to blitz and hit him hard. He will be rattled the rest of the game.. case n point NFC championship 49ers vs giants. There is a reason harbaugh dumped him for krapernick after that championship game. He played scared that whole game
I think it's how they used him not him. He was pretty damn good under Meyer in college.

Back