NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have the Patriots made a trade in the last 10 years where they DIDN'T steal the player they got? :) I have no clue why anyone trades with them.

I don't understand how pro sports allows trades in the middle of a season anyway..how is that fair to franchises that invest so much in the off season to make the teams better and then mid season a crappy team can acquire good players maybe turning their season around.

I think it's really not fair in the MLB and NBA because we can clearly see that teams that start off badly, makes a few trades in mid season, all of a sudden these teams are in the playoffs.

Because of the nature of play in the A NFL it really doesn't matter

IMO all three major pro sports should practice " you are stuck with the players and coaches you acquired for the new season..no changes "

One game too late. Now Kelly is putting a rusty QB in against a defense that gave the Patriots fits. I think you were right the first time, he doesn't like Kap.

I still go by my beliefs that I mentioned a while ago..in 2017 Chip Kelly will return to the NCAA :lol

I don't understand how pro sports allows trades in the middle of a season anyway..how is that fair to franchises that invest so much in the off season to make the teams better and then mid season a crappy team can acquire good players maybe turning their season around.

I think it's really not fair in the MLB and NBA because we can clearly see that teams that start off badly, makes a few trades in mid season, all of a sudden these teams are in the playoffs.

Because of the nature of play in the A NFL it really doesn't matter

IMO all three major pro sports should practice " you are stuck with the players and coaches you acquired for the new season..no changes "

For the record, their are four major sports...

Their season and probably the coach is in jeopardy though, they don't have a choice ..hate to say it, they invested too much in Manziel and he literally screwed up that franchise more than any other season of Cleveland's bad luck history, so now they are in complete limbo. I expect huge changes when we get to that trade deadline of the season. This franchise has no identity and I think the GM is in trouble

Pretty sure Hue is safe for at least another year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure Hue is safe for at least another year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many times do they always say that though. Oh the coach is safe..GM is safe because they have a contract, and then the owner turns around and changes their mind. Seen it too many times

No job is ever safe in professional sports. Only the owners of the organizations are safe

Like the analysts say Professional sports especially Football has become a " What Have You Done For Me Lately " league :lecture

Unless my memory is wrong, this is Hue Jackson's first year as head coach. If they fire him already after one season, that was would be ridiculous. He had nothing to do with Manziel.

Unless my memory is wrong, this is Hue Jackson's first year as head coach. If they fire him already after one season, that was would be ridiculous. He had nothing to do with Manziel.
But it was also be the most browns thing ever. Previous 4 coaches, 2 years , 1 year, 2 years and 2 years.

I'll give him 3

That'd be fair. You have to give a new coach and his staff a chance to turn things around. The biggest issue with new coaches (as far as I'm concerned) is that you need to see progress. If a coach goes 5-11 in his 1st year, I want to see the team improve to 8-8 the next year. By the 3rd year, a team should be in the playoffs and have a winning record. Coaches that get fired in their 2nd or 3rd year are usually going backwards (record wise) and losing the team. There's no ned to keep those types of coaches around. However, I firmly believe the GM should be shown the door as well. He hired the coach and any lack of talent on the team falls squarely on the GMs shoulders.

Broncos are getting spanked by the Chargers? :thud:

I wonder, even with that Broncos defense, you still need a QB that can manage, and the rookie is not the answer. :lecture

Broncos got exposed on Sunday, the starting QB just came back from injury, their head coach is ill, they're on the road and they've had a short week. If SD was going to win, this is the only way it was going to happen.

Broncos got exposed on Sunday, the starting QB just came back from injury, their head coach is ill, they're on the road and they've had a short week. If SD was going to win, this is the only way it was going to happen.

Ah..sorry bouncing back and forth, hoping for Dodgers to advance, so didn't know that Denver was coming into the game with so many woes

Despite being dominated the first half, Denver was right in the game. They gave up a safety to make it 21-3. On the ensuing free kick, San Diego fumbled, and Denver recovered. So basically they traded 2 points to get better field position, which was worth it, as they scored a TD to make it 21-10 with about seven to eight minutes left in the 4th Quarter.

The Broncos defense held and got the ball back, and they scored again on a CJ Anderson TD reception. The score would have been 21-17 (or 18, if they successfully went for 2)...but the TD was called back due to a hold. Demaryius Thomas then catches a ball in field goal range, only to fumble. Defense held again, scored a quick FG, then got the onside kick. Unfortunately, Siemian's last gasp Hail Mary fell way short of the end zone.

I don't know if it would have made the outcome any different, but I'm curious as to Joe DeCamillis, a pretty good special teams coach, was named interim head coach over DC Wade Phillips, who has head coaching experience. Not that there's anything wrong with special teams coaches being promoted to head coaching gigs, as John Harbaugh has done pretty well with the Ravens, but still...

I think it's funny how people,want to say the Broncos are exposed. I am not a Broncos fan but really exposed. They lost to what appears to be a really good falcons team then lost to a Chargers team who is much better than their record with no Hc and on a short week.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that they've been "exposed", but certain weaknesses have been brought forth over the last two games. With Atlanta, they put their RB's into the passing game to spread out Denver's LB's who have shown not to have great coverage ability and then San Diego moved the ball all day utilizing two TE's and getting the ball out quickly to negate the rush. Even with these problems I still expect them to be in the 3 team race in the AFC for the top 2 spots with NE and Pitt.

Back