NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, he did get indicted for aggravated assault in March, but they got married the very next day. That kinda put an end to the law enforcement agencies following forward.

How terrible do the Ravens look today too? Then again this is the franchise that employs Suggs and has a Ray Lewis statue outside their stadium.
people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

The only reason the NFL and Ravens did anything was damage control since they did not handle it accordingly from the start. It spiraled out of control yesterday morning and they had no options.

Mind you this video did not change one thing about the incident. Both the NFL and Ravens along with everyone else knew she got knocked out and dragged through the halls. This should have happened from the start. Did both the NFL and Ravens think she got lightly tapped with 4 fingers and just passed out? With that kind of shot you know she had damage to both sides of her face, from the hit and from her face slamming into the railing. In my eyes this was too late, this should have happened right away. But now they are only trying to save face, the video makes no difference, everyone knew she go knocked out.

I wish I could say I was shocked by last night but that was pretty much what was expected.

Mind you this video did not change one thing about the incident. Both the NFL and Ravens along with everyone else knew she got knocked out and dragged through the halls. This should have happened from the start. Did both the NFL and Ravens think she got lightly tapped with 4 fingers and just passed out? With that kind of shot you know she had damage to both sides of her face, from the hit and from her face slamming into the railing. In my eyes this was too late, this should have happened right away. But now they are only trying to save face, the video makes no difference, everyone knew she go knocked out.
Yeah, that's the part I don't get. Were they really going to argue that "well, we didn't have video proof. As far as we know, she accidentally fell down and knocked herself out. He was just trying to help her out by, erm, dragging her down the hallway and out of harm's way!" Disingenuous BS, but when hasn't that been a part of the NFL's MO.

One big issue with peoples saying they know better, the NFL talked to her and based on everything she has said since says she placed way more blame on herself. Without the video , her testimony and the fact that no real legal action was taken by law enforcement makes the original NFL ruling inline with the rest. I find it sad and disturbing that everyone has an issue with the NFL and no one seems to have a single issue with the legal punishment. Shows how f'ed peoples priorities are.

Counterargument would be that anyone concerned with the sometimes battered wife of a millionaire athlete gets so much attention in general while kids are being sexually abused and killed all over the country, along with myriad other problems and social injustices no one pays much attention to. . .at least this woman had a choice to marry this scum.

One big issue with peoples saying they know better, the NFL talked to her and based on everything she has said since says she placed way more blame on herself. Without the video , her testimony and the fact that no real legal action was taken by law enforcement makes the original NFL ruling inline with the rest. I find it sad and disturbing that everyone has an issue with the NFL and no one seems to have a single issue with the legal punishment. Shows how f'ed peoples priorities are.

Agreed because the prosecutors should have subpoenaed the tape, they should be the ones taking the heat

Floyd mayweather feels the punishment is too severe. It should have just been 2 games, he feels it is personal business for ray. Says the guy who has been accused for beating woman. Also a fun note, he felt the owned of then clippers should lose his business for comment he made in his own home. So comments made = loss of business to floyd, punching and knocking out his then fiancé = too severe..lol

Floyd mayweather feels the punishment is too severe. It should have just been 2 games, he feels it is personal business for ray. Says the guy who has been accused for beating woman. Also a fun note, he felt the owned of then clippers should lose his business for comment he made in his own home. So comments made = loss of business to floyd, punching and knocking out his then fiancé = too severe..lol
Well in fairness, Mayweather is a bit of an expert on the matter. We should defer to his judgment here.

Adrian Peterson arrested for child abuse!...

“Adrian Peterson has been informed that he was indicted by a grand jury in Montgomery County, Texas for Injury to a Child. The charged conduct involves using a switch to spank his son. This indictment follows Adrian’s full cooperation with authorities who have been looking into this matter. Adrian is a loving father who used his judgment as a parent to discipline his son. He used the same kind of discipline with his child that he experienced as a child growing up in east Texas. Adrian has never hidden from what happened. He has cooperated fully with authorities and voluntarily testified before the grand jury for several hours. Adrian will address the charges with the same respect and responsiveness he has brought to this inquiry from its beginning. It is important to remember that Adrian never intended to harm his son and deeply regrets the unintentional injury.”

A Switch? Like a light switch?

The beating allegedly resulted in numerous injuries to the child, including cuts and bruises to the child’s back, buttocks, ankles, legs and scrotum, along with defensive wounds to the child’s hands. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that “there are a lot of belts in Daddy’s closet.” He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down. The child told his mother that Peterson “likes belts and switches” and “has a whooping room.” Peterson estimated he “swatted” his son “10 to 15” times, but he’s not sure because he doesn’t “ever count how many pops I give my kids.”

Have a nice life behind bars Beaterson.

Causing lacerations on a 4 year old's legs, butt, back and testicles. Whipped him over 15 times? If he gets away with it I will never watch a football game again.
I am going to guess you never watched to often in the first place. No one who is a true fan of a league 1000s of players is going to stop over one player.

Well you guessed wrong. I watch all the time (Pre-season, Thursday, Sunday, Mondays and Saturdays when they start up) - even spend on nfl direct ticket to watch teams other than my favorite. I watch the draft - actually study the players in the off season. I travel over an hour to many of my teams open practices. I know all the players on my favorite team including the practice squad. Even picked good old Adrian first on my fantasy team. I am way more than a casual fan and have been for over 30 years. What is going on in the NFL right now is disgusting from the players up to the commissioner.

After having to spend last year ripping the name off my favorite players jersey - yeah I was so impressed to find out I rooted for a killer. Adrian is just sort of the final straw for me. Football was an escape from the real world and now I might as well watch the news if I enjoy this type of entertainment. I guess I just need to stick to movies and video games as I am just way to sensitive for this crap.

Last edited:
Back