NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know these are kind of the "dog days" of the season but I guess as long as Seattle keeps winning it doesn't matter... I just hope everyone gets healthy soon because when they do its gonna be even more fun to watch.

Although Seattle clearly has some chinks in the armor, I'll say this: It says alot about the Seahawks that they can get outplayed and outhussled, and for a good period, get outclassed, and still find ways to win. The Niners haven't done that this season in the two games they deserved to lose. They lost. Badly.

And this coming from a SF fan.

It's being reported that Richie will be getting the pink slip.

If that happens I wonder if teams that have the need like Dallas, Oakland or Pittsburgh would give him a look. Perhaps he'll just go down the Kerry Rhodes path and be blackballed while the NFLPA says nothing.

And now this was just reported..

@ESPNNFL: THIS JUST IN: 49ers have released DB Nnamdi Asomugha.

What precipitous fall, but I would take him over Kyle Arrington. Make the call Bill!:)

I know these are kind of the "dog days" of the season but I guess as long as Seattle keeps winning it doesn't matter... I just hope everyone gets healthy soon because when they do its gonna be even more fun to watch.

And now this was just reported..

What precipitous fall, but I would take him over Kyle Arrington. Make the call Bill!:)

Keep in mind Nnamdi didn't lose hi job for poor play. He was simply injured and Brock has been pretty lights out.

That was an impressive drive by CHI to nearly end the game.

It was but all it really proved was that the Bears backup QB was better than GB's. The Bears don't win that game if Rodgers was able to play. GB ran for 200 yards without the threat of a passing game. Could you imagine the damage Rodgers would have done if he stayed in the game?

I'm a huge Bears fan and I hate all things GB. However, so long as Rodgers is healthy and in a GB uniform, nothing changes for the Bears. Right now the only Achilles heel GB has is it's D. Even with Matthews healthy, they have a hard time stopping a good O. I can't see them going far in the playoffs if they don't shore up their D.

Going back to your original post though, you are right. It was an impressive drive. The 4th down call was very ballsy because it worked. Taking that much time off the clock is never an easy thing to do. Especially when the other team NEEDS the ball back.

Although Seattle clearly has some chinks in the armor, I'll say this: It says alot about the Seahawks that they can get outplayed and outhussled, and for a good period, get outclassed, and still find ways to win. The Niners haven't done that this season in the two games they deserved to lose. They lost. Badly.

And this coming from a SF fan.

It was against Tampa Bay so the Seahawks don't get much credit, lol.

He's just another one that had a really good year and faded fast

Nmandi had several great years playing in Oakland's system. When he went to Philly he was lost in their zone system.

Aaron Rodgers injured and Matt Flynn released on the same day. Flynn should probably spend today by the phone, but maybe think about grabbing a lottery ticket too.

It was against Tampa Bay so the Seahawks don't get much credit, lol.

Nmandi had several great years playing in Oakland's system. When he went to Philly he was lost in their zone system.

He didn't do crap in SF either. He had 2 whole tackles. He's washed up and I think the Raiders got rid of him at the right time.

It was but all it really proved was that the Bears backup QB was better than GB's. The Bears don't win that game if Rodgers was able to play. GB ran for 200 yards without the threat of a passing game. Could you imagine the damage Rodgers would have done if he stayed in the game?

I'm a huge Bears fan and I hate all things GB. However, so long as Rodgers is healthy and in a GB uniform, nothing changes for the Bears. Right now the only Achilles heel GB has is it's D. Even with Matthews healthy, they have a hard time stopping a good O. I can't see them going far in the playoffs if they don't shore up their D.

Going back to your original post though, you are right. It was an impressive drive. The 4th down call was very ballsy because it worked. Taking that much time off the clock is never an easy thing to do. Especially when the other team NEEDS the ball back.

Yeah, if Rodgers didn't go down, GGB would've put up 40 on that awful defense. I'm happy for the Chicago win, but it doesn't change the fact that their defense can't stop anyone except a backup QB with 0 snaps. If Rodgers is out for a prolonged period of time, Detroit takes the division. Chicago has no chance until their D vastly improves, which may or may not happen when Briggs returns.

I am impressed with what the Bears have done this season though. The O-line has been fixed and the offense is finally looking like it should given the talent it has. The defense will need to be the focus of the next few drafts though, and the QB situation could become interesting depending on what they do with Cutler at the end of the season.

Back