NEXT SW Fig to PREVIEW Thurs!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"3x SW 1:6 Battle Stations c*ckpit ANH (hint: It took 1000 years for x to tie the race.)"

potf2GShanloose.jpg

Ooooh... dear

I hope not. Not something I think I would want let alone have the room.

A 1/6th Scale speeder will be 3 feet long. Cool, but too big.

What ever the next figure is I just want someone from ANH. After all it's that movie's 30th anniversary and we don't have any figures from it yet.

I'm not a big ANH fan as far as figures would go, like say Luke and Leia or Chewie's appearance, if it be an ANH figure, I would want Ben Kenobi or Han, otherwise some ROTJ and ESB representations would be better in my book, I know the cinnamon buns look is classic, but I just prefer the Bespin Dress or Hoth gear for Leia, orrrr Slave Girl but that's not likely.

OMG, there is TONS of stuff I'd love from ANH, but ESB is my fave SW film, that is where I'd load up heavy...

Bubo next huh? I hope its Ilum Padme personally....Why has everyone focused that the next figure will be Lando? Personally I wouldn't be too upset if Lando were delayed a little. Give me something OT soon, X-Wing Pilot, TIE Fighter, something!

wookilar8 said:
What ever the next figure is I just want someone from ANH. After all it's that movie's 30th anniversary and we don't have any figures from it yet.

Personally, I think it would make PERFECT sense for Sideshow to announce an ANH Vader at Celebration IV in May. The biggest SW show ever celebrating the 30th Anniversary of the original film is about the best timing you could ever have for the most iconic figure of the saga(hint hint, Sideshow).

lcummins said:
Ah, but this is perfect; don't you see? Now we get another announcement, without having to use something good they are saving for Toy Fair! This is probably the best thing they could have come up with if they just had to have a new announcement before Toy Fair.

Yup, they announce Bubo. Nothing is blown for TF then they're set for C4, and then for SDCC.

OK, I'm as big a Star Wars fan as there is and thought I basically knew everything about the saga, but who the hell is Bubo? I'm honestly clueless about this one. :confused:

I'm willing to bet it's ANH Luke. He started the line last year and he'll do it again this year. Thus becoming an annual tradition!

Darthrazz said:
I'm willing to bet it's ANH Luke. He started the line last year and he'll do it again this year. Thus becoming an annual tradition!

Somehow this doesn't seem likely to me....I'd be interested in it but I doubt it.

Darthrazz said:

This would be one way to cover all the possible Luke styles... one every year to begin each annual "series". Certainly we wouldn't want 2 Lukes within a year, if they stay with only 10 figures annually, so this is a solution.

I doubt this is what's coming tomorrow, but it would work as a plan. I always like traditions I can count on.

Wor-Gar said:
I doubt this is what's coming tomorrow, but it would work as a plan. I always like traditions I can count on.

Like something to top Jabba and his topper every SDCC? That would get expensive (yet impressive) very quickly! I think at least one piece to add to the Jabba set up every SDCC would do.

Buttmunch said:
Like something to top Jabba and his topper every SDCC? That would get expensive (yet impressive) very quickly! I think at least one piece to add to the Jabba set up every SDCC would do.

Announcing Vader would top Jabba... not necessarily in terms of a "set-builder" but if given a choice, I'd want Vader over Jabba. In fact, announcing Vader would also, by default, be announcing the coming of "armored" characters...and that does have endless "set-building" possibilities.

True, it would be hard to "top" Vader, but they could pull the line in different directions: vehicles, large animals, more display sets... or furred characters (with Chewbacca) or real metal robots (with the droids).

Anyway, I do believe they must "top" themselves at every SDCC. I believe that they believe this also. Its a showcase after all.

Back