NEXT SW Fig to PREVIEW Thurs!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
theropod said:
Nope, issue #1 first hit the shelves on July, 1977.
-theropod
Ah, I see. I did hear that they were unsure about the universe and wanted comics made to test it with kids or something like that. Is any of that true?

EVILFACE said:
They wont need silly lights to top Medivader.

Yes, because we all know lights are "silly"......even though the Vader costume prominently features LIGHTS!

Brent72 said:
Yes, because we all know lights are "silly"......even though the Vader costume prominently features LIGHTS!

No they don't. But I guess lights will make the SS Vader top Medi's even more.

Brant's comment "in development" lends me to to believe that they aren't imminent. After all, Indy 4 was "in development" for 13 years. A Superman movie was "in development" for 20 years.

So SSC Darth Vader will be announced at....

Celebration XXXIV!

jason2885 said:
So do you all think whatever it is will go up on Monday instead of Friday like usual since it is a holiday and all.

I thought they might too. Mace was on a Monday Holiday (not MLK day though). I would say definately if they decide to make him inclusive, which they should since there are many inclusive edition Jabba buyers that would want to include the exclusive/inclusive edition of the Bubo set.

I agree that Brant's comment was meant to cushion us for the blow coming from no Vader at Toy Fair or SDCC, not get us ready for an impending announcement.

And frankly, I would rather have them take their time and get the figure right than rush it through the production process just to coincide with the anniversary. A year or two from now are you going to care when the preorder went up, or are you going to care about the figure being done right?

I still think it will be a while for Vader - We ALREADY got one! I know SDCC Vader isn't "Vader" but we still have a Vader technically. We haven't seen any other real "variants" of characters, so why Vader? The Sith line only has three real members to make and two of them have little to no changes. We will probably get one and only one Dooku. We can get many Palpatines because of his Senator, Chancellor, Emperor, and other other outfits he had. We COULD get more than one Vader, but after ANH his changes are very minor. They would at least need to be YEARS apart so people don't compain that Sideshow is making too many Vaders.

Face it guys, Bubo is going to be the announcement. Why bother saying there is going to be an announcement and be something other than Bubo when Bubo is clearly visable on the Jabba packaing they officially showed today? Could we get a Skiff Lando and Bubo be his "expansion" pack, sure, but Bubo is still there.

tomandshell said:
And frankly, I would rather have them take their time and get the figure right than rush it through the production process just to coincide with the anniversary. A year or two from now are you going to care when the preorder went up, or are you going to care about the figure being done right?

I agree... if they are going announce Vader they better wait until its perfect. I can wait. And I think we are all hoping its not just going to be Bubo alone announced tomorrow.

Darklord Dave said:
Brant's comment "in development" lends me to to believe that they aren't imminent. After all, Indy 4 was "in development" for 13 years. A Superman movie was "in development" for 20 years.

So SSC Darth Vader will be announced at....

Celebration XXXIV!
No Dave I am pretty sure they are waiting to resurrect the Highlander line and announce the Medieval Kurgan for Celebration XXXIV. :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

EVILFACE said:
They wont need silly lights to top Medivader.

I hope not i mean with medi vader coming out in 2004/2005 and SS still not having one ready,2008 soonest?? maybe.I hope they can surpass a 4 year old fig by then.

Last edited:
Darth Roranous said:
I am going to get burned for this but... the only way Sideshow will top the Medicom Vader is with electronics. We need some lights damn it!

Probably true,I suppose thats why we haven't seen one yet and looks to be a long way off. Unless they are waiting to announce it with the troopers.No biggie to me The best vader made is already out there, but if one with lights comes along i'm down on that one bigtime.:cool:

Thursday's announcement will be Bubo, sorry, but

Toy Fair 07 promises wishful breaking Sideshow news:

Sideshow will prevail the following:

1x New License
4x SW 1:6 Figures (sorry, no Vader yet....)
1x SW 1:6 Vehicle (hint: Vaseline was used to create this vehicle's FX)
1x SW Environment 1:6
3x SW 1:6 Battle Stations c*ckpit ANH (hint: It took 1000 years for x to tie the race.)
1X POTA - Conquest Gorilla :emperor :monkey5
1X HL - Medieval Kurgan
1X 1:6 Military BOA
2x PF 1:4
1x Marvel Statue
4x Marvel 1:6 "Spiderman 3"
1x 1:1 bust
2x 1:1 replica

this post is for humor :r2d2line :stick :stooge :woo :stormtroo :mexwave

Last edited:
All I know is, if it's not Bubo (99.99% sure it is)I want something other than Prequel Jedi's. I'd like to see Aliens, Droids and pretty much anything from the OT.

If it's PT, I'd like to see TPM Obi-Wan, just to finish off the Duel of the Fates group, after that they can move on to the OT for a good while.

stickman said:
Thursday's announcement will be Bubo, sorry, but

Toy Fair 07 promises wishful breaking Sideshow news:

Sideshow will prevail the following:

1x New License
4x SW 1:6 Figures (sorry, no Vader yet....)
1x SW 1:6 Vehicle (hint: Vaseline was used to create this vehicle's FX)
1x SW Environment 1:6
3x SW 1:6 Battle Stations c*ckpit ANH (hint: It took 1000 years for x to tie the race.)
1X POTA - Conquest Gorilla :emperor :monkey5
1X HL - Medieval Kurgan
1X 1:6 Military BOA
2x PF 1:4
1x Marvel Statue
4x Marvel 1:6 "Spiderman 3"
1x 1:1 bust
2x 1:1 replica
What??? Where's this coming from?

So I guess a Landspeeder is coming huh? Drawing a blank on the 3 ****pits.

Back