Next LOTR Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lila

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I wonder when the next Lord of the Rings figure is coming.I cant wait.It seems the Star Wars Figures are coming out more faster than the Lotr Figures.I guess they cannot do both at the same time,but I wanna see more Lord of the Rings 12-inch figures.Come on SSC, I wanna see whos next :monkey4

I'm hoping for a Wringwraith so it can be posable with Aragorn. Im not really bothered whats next as I will probably go for it anyway.

Im sure its been commented before on this board that SS is going a lot slower with this line in comparison to the SW.

As I'm trying to collect both, it all good :cool:

I'm really hoping it's Boromir but I would also like a non-fellowship character too. Elrond or Arwen would be sweet.

Should be soon I would imagine for either PF or 12". I'm thinking Gandalf is a possibility for either actually. Boromir is also another strong candidate.

I think the LotR 12" are far more complicated than the SW figures and that's why they'll come much slower. Look at all the different types of material needed for just one figure.

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see another announcement until SDCC.

That a huge wait between Legolas and the next one. I hope that isn't the case because it kind of sucks really.

Once they got their Jedi robes, tunics, and accessories figured out, it was (relatively) easy to pump out several different Jedi figures to get the SW line going. The LOTR figures don't share as much costuming in common, and each one is going to need a lot of work.

I'd expect that much delay for PF's not for the 12" line.

And is it a 12" or 1/6 scale line? Or will we have to wait for the first half-ling to find out?

I guess it makes sense that with the more complicated costumes, there would be a longer wait between figures than for the SW line. I can wait. :) (Just so long as we get a Boromir eventually. Pleasepleaseplease!)

The first two figures still blow me away when I see the pictures, but playing the waiting game to see new figures sucks...

Lets play hungry hungry hippos

good simpsons qoute.

I too want Boromir, or Sauramon.

A Smeagol would rock but we know thats not happening any time soon. then again they could just make him a really well done bendy and i would be fine with that.

Whatever they decide to do, I hope we get a preview in the next couple of weeks. I am torn as to what I would like to see, as I think there are several characters that would serve to highlight the scope of the line:
Ringwraith - pretty straightforward villian
Lurtz/Uruk - villian with challenging skin coverage and oversize body
Moria Orc- Armor issues similar to stormtrooper concerns
Gimli - scale issues
Hobbits - scale issues and feet issues (could double as jawa/ewok bodies)

all of these characters would pose unique challenges to SS, and while I would love to get Boromir or Gandalf, the variety that this line presents is really what has me most excited!

I guess I am more of a "character" junkie. I have certain ones that call out to me more, but I think that everyone has a favorite.. I'd like to see Boromir, Gandalf the White or Saruman. Ringwraith would be cool, but I would actually like to see one of the others first. But then again, that's just me.

I would however, be interested in how they would accomplish it though... I mean... they really don't have a head... sooo what's to sculpt besides the hands and such? :rolleyes:

Either way, I will be just as excited to see another figure announced. And yes, I think it's the costumes that are holding the line up... They are very elaborate and different for each character. Not very similiar like Jedi robes.

Im excited to hear the next LOTR release. I cant keep up with my SW collecting AND LOTR collecting at the same time....so it's nice to have these figures that I can actually afford to get my LOTR fix in.

Frankly after this wait I've so jonesing for a new figure I'd be excited over a lump of melted plastic with a cloak (as long as it's a Lothlorien). :google

I think the reason we haven't got another 12" announcement is because Matt and Andy are lazy. :p ;) :D

Back