Next LOTR Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am hoping for a Gandalf or Saruman Premiun Format as I am not doing the 12" LOTR line.

My guess is the next 12" figure will come from the following list:
Boromir
Gandalf the Grey
Ringwraith
FARAMIR
Saruman

and the next PF figure will likely come from the SAME list...but not the same figure. I would not imagine them doing a PF Aragorn or Legolas anytime soon since they are already in 12" format...will have to see...I am just sick of waiting!

Geb

Any thoughts that we will see a new announcement tonight? It has been quiet for a couple of weeks, almost TOO quiet...

A new LOTR PF and 12" announcment, SW PF, Maul, and all the con exclusives, and oh yeah, Giles, and just watch my wallet implode!

We could see one. We are due that's for sure. I'd take one even if it was just a SDCC announcement.

I'm crossing my fingers and jumping up and own for a GTG or Mouth of Sauron.

GTG should come with both his staffs, alternate hands, Glamdring, Book of Moria (excl.), and his pipe.

Mouth of Sauron should come with his sword, mythril shirt sculpted to fit in his hand, alternate "mouth open" and "snarl" heads, and his own severed head (excl.)

I think MOS would be a PF before 12" and I don't think he'll be in either for a while.

It does suck major lembas to have to wait so long between release announcements, but as has been said on this board many times, as long as they keep up the quality, SS can just take their time (just not too much time!) :rolleyes:

One reason the SW releases are more accelerated by comparison might be because (according to Adam Pawlus of galactichunter.com and Entertainment Earth) the SS/Hasbro 12" agreement is only for three years and I'm sure SS wants to pump out as much product as possible in that time. Not to say they couldn't renew an agreement when the time comes, but the SW license ain't cheap, and I'm sure they want to get their Republic Credit's worth (as would any savvy enterprise).

LOTR: Legolas and Gimli on Arod statue - #9345 April 2006
LOTR: Aragorn at the Black Gates statue - #9344 May 2006

What's up with this 12" line?

Big movies, big awards, lots of talk about how its Star Wars for this generation...yet, Legolas is still available. That's the trouble. You LOTR guys, where are you? We need your help here. The faster the figures move, the faster we'll get our next one. See, that's how Star Wars works. Let's go, people.

Wor-Gar said:
The faster the figures move, the faster we'll get our next one. See, that's how Star Wars works. Let's go, people.

I've got an idea! Lets go tell Rebelscum that the LotR figures are actually minor background characters from Star Wars. They'd sell in a heartbeat! :D

Killbeggar said:
I've got an idea! Lets go tell Rebelscum that the LotR figures are actually minor background characters from Star Wars. They'd sell in a heartbeat! :D

Do you all not like the Rebelscum guys here? I love Rebelscum...never posted there but the people there seem like great guys. Are they too fanatical?

Cheers,

Brad

drbrad1975 said:
Do you all not like the Rebelscum guys here? I love Rebelscum...never posted there but the people there seem like great guys. Are they too fanatical?

Cheers,

Brad
Nothing of the sort. :D
I was just referring to the numbers and (yes) fantacism of the SW fans that reside there. If we could convince them to buy LotR fgures like they do Star Wars figs Sideshow would crank them out like the Jedi. :horror

Four PF figures a year (one per quarter) and six 12" (one every two months) is what I was hoping for and would be ideal for me. :cool:

Killbeggar said:
Nothing of the sort. :D
I was just referring to the numbers and (yes) fantacism of the SW fans that reside there. If we could convince them to buy LotR fgures like they do Star Wars figs Sideshow would crank them out like the Jedi. :horror

I'm a regular Scummer and I buy just about everythign that has the LOTR name on it....I have ordered ALL the SS LOTR pieces thus far....so, they already have fanaticism....and my money (If they want it!) ;)

Back