1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If HT really wanted to do Clone Wars 20th how about Captain Fordo, blue ARC trooper, scuba trooper, armoured Saecee Tinn, Shirtless buff Kit Fisto, ARC trooper heavy gunner, Durge, Ventress, phase 2 full helmet pilot, tattooed Anakin etc etc etc

You better put down that opium pipe, you are plainly lost in a haze of fantasy over there; you are travelling without moving. Bless the Maker's coming and going, hail Shai Hulud.

💀🗡💀🗡💀🗡💀🗡

You better put down that opium pipe, you are plainly lost in a haze of fantasy over there; you are travelling without moving. Bless the Maker's coming and going, hail Shai Hulud.

💀🗡💀🗡💀🗡💀🗡
I have a dream, that on the anniversary of a 2003 show, 2003 show based figures will get made as opposed to figures from a completely different show from 2008.

Man Zam would be awesome, but we still haven't even gotten other prominent hunters like Bossk and Dengar. :/

The odds of us getting anything from Micro-Series Clone Wars is very low, the anniversary was always about the "war" in general, we knew that.

Unfortunate because I want Fordo, but it is what it is.
No OG Bounty hunters

but so far we've have got Din, IG-11, new Boba's, Jango, Cad Bane and Fennec. Pretty awesome though.

I'm glad that Disney is reconsidering all the shows, thatmakes some time and space for HT to focus on OT for a change. I hope ...

I'm glad that Disney is reconsidering all the shows, thatmakes some time and space for HT to focus on OT for a change. I hope ...
I've had some figures for sale for probably a year or so now, and there is only interest in OT at the moment. Nothing else is selling at all.

But Hot Toys won't do any OT figures, that would be too obvious.

who on earth is buying all these figures from the diabolical disney + shows?
The disney wars stans I presume make up a large chunk, along with Rebels fans. The various armoured characters will sell well in Asia too. So plenty folk who want them but I doubt it will be sustainable long term as the shows that Disney make don't have as much lasting impact. 10 years from now most of the shows will be forgotten, replaced by new current thing, disney stans will have moved on to next thing, rebels fans will be burned out due to characters not feeling like the ones they grew up with and perhaps hungering for mor more than middling quality shows etc. I think by that point the hunger for classic Star Wars will still be strong but if it's HT making the figures it will continue to be underserved.
OT fans and even the 2003 Clone Wars fans are considered to be irrelevant as companies right now are chasing the prequels, 2008 The Clone Wars and Rebels nostalgia. After that has burned out what will they have to lean on??? 20th anniversary of the Mandalorian??

after the writers strike there will be a dry spell of Star Wars content so HT may be forced to look at older content for figures again.

There's a rumor going around that they may push TBB season 3 to 2025.

Whatever your opinion of this show, 1. it'll look like Shakespeare next to The Acolyte and 2. if they do that I will drive to CA and throat punch someone. Or at least, imagine it.

The disney wars stans I presume make up a large chunk, along with Rebels fans. The various armoured characters will sell well in Asia too. So plenty folk who want them but I doubt it will be sustainable long term as the shows that Disney make don't have as much lasting impact. 10 years from now most of the shows will be forgotten, replaced by new current thing, disney stans will have moved on to next thing, rebels fans will be burned out due to characters not feeling like the ones they grew up with and perhaps hungering for mor more than middling quality shows etc. I think by that point the hunger for classic Star Wars will still be strong but if it's HT making the figures it will continue to be underserved.
OT fans and even the 2003 Clone Wars fans are considered to be irrelevant as companies right now are chasing the prequels, 2008 The Clone Wars and Rebels nostalgia. After that has burned out what will they have to lean on??? 20th anniversary of the Mandalorian??
I think you sort of stumbled onto HT's strategy for focusing on the more recent D+ shows versus the OT. There's a finite window of interest in these newer shows while they can drop an OT character anytime and have it sell. If they focused on OT the past few years and finally got around to releasing an Ahsoka in 2026, they'd probably miss out on a lot of sales. Flip the script and release Ahsoka characters now and OT in 2026 and they'll have better sales overall. I'm not saying I like the strategy but I definitely understand it...

I think you sort of stumbled onto HT's strategy for focusing on the more recent D+ shows versus the OT. There's a finite window of interest in these newer shows while they can drop an OT character anytime and have it sell. If they focused on OT the past few years and finally got around to releasing an Ahsoka in 2026, they'd probably miss out on a lot of sales. Flip the script and release Ahsoka characters now and OT in 2026 and they'll have better sales overall. I'm not saying I like the strategy but I definitely understand it...
Disney will always make SW content, so every year will be the latest show and we get 1-2 OT figures a year if we're lucky. They went all out last year for AOTC and those would sell any time as well, but they chose to go with the hype. This year was the perfect time to do more ROTJ figures and they treated it like any other year.

We've had Bane 2.0, Iron Man Mk6 1/6 and 1/4, Gold Iron Man Mk3, TDKR Armourey, Mech Strike Black Panther, Artisan Anakin, Mk7 Suit Up, EG Scarlet Witch, BvS Batman 2.0 this year, all of which they could sell at any time, but they chose to do them this year and forget all about ROTJ. HT must hate the OT, the only glimmer of light we had was the Dewback (which felt like a Mando cast off) and Sandtrooper...and that guy should have been released years ago.

Hell, I'd be ok with more re-issued figures that included new diorama bases like they did with the Mk5 race track and Mk46 bunker. Fett with a Jabbas Palace base like they did with the BOBF 1/4, Jedi Luke with the new Mando/Empire sculpt and a sailbarge base, Palpatine with window backdrop.

Rant over. HT frustrates the **** out of me! :lol

I hear you on the frustration. I started collecting four years ago and figured HT would have covered more OT essentials by now. There are just some figures that are fan favorites which should be no brainers to produce and yet they skip over them.

Even their handling of Ahsoka is funny. Baylon is a very popular character just from an appearance stand point and instead here are three more troopers. The KX Enforcer was another head scratcher. I was happy to get a K2 model, but it was in the BOBF for seconds.

I also understand their strategy in terms of what's on the horizon. Most of these Mando/BoBF/Ahsoka characters will likely be featured in the Filoni movie that ties everything together. As that's slated as a cinematic release there will no doubt be a lot of hype leading up to it, and if it proves popular HT will already have many of these characters available to sell to both new fans and those of us still on the fence.

I hear you on the frustration. I started collecting four years ago and figured HT would have covered more OT essentials by now. There are just some figures that are fan favorites which should be no brainers to produce and yet they skip over them.

Even their handling of Ahsoka is funny. Baylon is a very popular character just from an appearance stand point and instead here are three more troopers. The KX Enforcer was another head scratcher. I was happy to get a K2 model, but it was in the BOBF for seconds.
I think it's apparent that HT was not expecting Baylan & Shin Hati to be as warmly received as they were. Plus Ray Stevenson's untimely death may have given them pause regarding how to proceed. Now they know that a Baylan figure will probably sell out very quickly, but in the months prior to the series release they were likely hedging their bets given a potential future recasting of the role. For all we know there also could be some delays with RS's likeness approvals vis-a-vis the settling of his estate.

We have so many decent to great Luke options but none easily available of Leia (and they are outdated at this point) and none of Han.

That's all I need - a good set of the OT trio. They don't even need to be sporting the same looks from the same film/scene. I can mix and match. I don't care at this point.

Give me a damn Boussh Leia, updated ROTJ Luke, Bespin/Carbonite/Endor Han, Skiff Lando, and a freaking Jabba. Instead we get Christmas tinsel stormtrooper when JND is resurrecting Heath Ledger himself and Inart is crushing it. HT are really making use of their existing molds. Wow, so innovative.

Posted in a few threads already

Surprised Padme will be on time honestly, makes sense someone like Fox, who is just reusing Clone assets already available, would be bumped up a few months.

412425592_756480753182606_7951229689116618020_n.jpg

Back