1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't work, his armor is too different from Phase 1 to 2.

I do think we'll get a Phase 1 Rex sooner rather than later though.

I would be VERY shocked if they bothered to change anything besides his helmet from the last episode. That’s all I could tell that was different between his two appearances. Anybody have clear screenshots?

HOLY. ****!! :panic::panic::panic::panic:

PooDoo.JPG

:slap:slap:slap

I would be VERY shocked if they bothered to change anything besides his helmet from the last episode. That’s all I could tell that was different between his two appearances. Anybody have clear screenshots?
vlc_hJkT0S5xWW.png
vlc_hWd5Gn6Q9I.png

Then phase 2:
vlc_UJP5U0GdVA.png

Looks like defferent paint jobs on places like forearms, no weld marks on torso of phase 1, different pauldrons and of course helmet. Also, bicep armour is on wrong arms and facing backwards on the phase 2. Both have what looks like the BOBF version clone elbows. Also, the troopers (not Rex) are using tbe carbine and rifle from Andor/Mandalorian s3 rather than the movie versions used in AOTC / ROTS / Kenobi

It's weird to say this, but I really hope no one makes a screen accurate Rex. The arm thing is an eyesore.

No, make one. We can just get him home and swap his arm pieces around like how they're supposed to go, like all smart hobbyists do.

I find the upside down bicep pieces to be the most egregious.

*looks at Jar Jar figure* they can try to charge $640 for that thing all they want; it aint gonna be happening.

Sorry, I meant that if HT (or Hasbro or whoever) do make him, I hope that they make him as intended rather than screen accurate.

I wouldn’t worry. I don’t think Hot Toys would even bother making a live action version of Rex. Unless he returns in a more substantial form, maybe. But even then, they’ll just probably point to the TCW P2 (please buy them - we made too many).

But if they did with mistakes and all - which like you I hope they wouldn’t - then at least it’d be an easy fix with just reversing the armor parts.

Not so easy on a statue or action figure. But we don’t have to worry for 1:6 scale.

View attachment 662587
This. Please give us something similar, HT. Same pauldron or both would be nice. But please fix the clone P1 mouth. No more clones with too thick line.

Phase 1 Rex is a must. I love Phase 2, but man did he have a lot of badass moments in the Phase 1 too.

IMG_2314.gif

I just hope they stick with the armor they’ve used for their PT/TCW figures. I don’t want the new live action suit to become standard.

Hopefully it’ll be the PT era armor to match the rest of the figures with the now canon live action Phase 1 pauldron design.

Artisan version of Sith Ani
Padawan live action Ahsoka
Phase 1 Rex

that's all I need from the last five episodes. Thrawn is definitely on the wish list.

I wouldn’t worry. I don’t think Hot Toys would even bother making a live action version of Rex. Unless he returns in a more substantial form, maybe. But even then, they’ll just probably point to the TCW P2 (please buy them - we made too many).

But if they did with mistakes and all - which like you I hope they wouldn’t - then at least it’d be an easy fix with just reversing the armor parts.

Not so easy on a statue or action figure. But we don’t have to worry for 1:6 scale.

Phase 1 Rex is a must. I love Phase 2, but man did he have a lot of badass moments in the Phase 1 too.

View attachment 662617

I just hope they stick with the armor they’ve used for their PT/TCW figures. I don’t want the new live action suit to become standard.

Hopefully it’ll be the PT era armor to match the rest of the figures with the now canon live action Phase 1 pauldron design.
If Hot Toys could milk something so easy, it's definitely this Rex phase 1. 'member that 30 seconds of hologarm Solo Darth Maul :lol

2.0 of most wanted released figure didn't sell that good anymore. I just hope HT didn't go previous route of exclusive like mark 46, or stealth suit cap. Make less, charge more
Fr hot toys, this is 300$ 1/6, not some 6-inch or retail shf 😢

View attachment 662617

Oh yes, live action armor is ****. Not their coloration, that I like. But armor, nah.

And it will. The people can even choose what color they want (as long as it’s red or yellow).

Take that, Howard.
Ford, such an ingenious comment on customer service. He WAS customer demands at that time. It’s either this or a horse.

Joost will, as a customized setting, probably offer you a rainbow colored fighter, if of interest. Maybe something we’ll see in a live-action CW..? :rolleyes:

I truly wonder how HT’s decision making and reasoning is played out on what is and is not to be launched. Eg ANH sandtrooper with dewback, as glad as I am for its launch, I don’t understand why now and not three or four years ago. 45 anniversary was last year. Random at best.

Or. Lucasfilm might have said something about a potential reuse of the dewback for the Mandalorian, enabling HT to get SSC’s old drawings, update them and produce a prototype for production. No need to do this with the trooper since everything is already there (SL). Then, as no dewback was seen in the shows, they ended up preparing for something “in vain”. But they know troopers = sales so I guess they just went “eff it, let’s release and see how it goes”.

What pi##e# me off is that I remember when Joost announced The Batman vehicle, Howard immediately announced they were doing one as well.

What sort of bs move is that ? If you can't deliver on any of these vehicles HT, then let others have a go for us fans.

Back