1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. I could die a happy man once I get that Scout & Speeder. Obviously not straight away, I'd want to enjoy it for a bit first. :lol
Yeh that would anticlimactic - I’d love the space to display the speeder as I’ve always loved the design of the Scout so I will settle for that.
5bXtixO.jpg
Never know Hot Toys have done crazier things than drag this out from the archives… maybe in 10 years if peoples opinions on the ST mellow like they have on the PT (anything could happen)

Yeh that would anticlimactic - I’d love the space to display the speeder as I’ve always loved the design of the Scout so I will settle for that.

Never know Hot Toys have done crazier things than drag this out from the archives… maybe in 10 years if peoples opinions on the ST mellow like they have on the PT (anything could happen)
No excuse for them not making this guy.

Feelings about the ST aside, Poe should of been made after TLJ at least, both him and Finn had their best looks in RoS, but by that point the merchandise for this trilogy was not going to be pushed by companies anymore.

If Poe in pilot suit had been released back with the initial TFA figures, I would have immediately picked him up and possibly a second, just for the X-wing outfit. As it stands now, I would only pick him up if on sale, just to display with Finn and Rey.

maybe in 10 years if peoples opinions on the ST mellow like they have on the PT (anything could happen)

There’s an element of nostalgia at play, but the PT earned its redemption in part by the hard work done in shows, games, books, and comics. TCW alone added so much depth to the era and the Siege of Mandalore just brought it all home.

The ST also made the PT look a lot more appealing to some people by comparison for anyone that may have judged the PT a little too harshly.

So it would take a massive investment in world building of the ST era of the same caliber (not happening) and a film trilogy worse than the ST (not happening Maker willing) to make any difference.

I feel bad for the actors though. They deserved so much better.

There’s an element of nostalgia at play, but the PT earned its redemption in part by the hard work done in shows, games, books, and comics. TCW alone added so much depth to the era and the Siege of Mandalore just brought it all home.

The ST also made the PT look a lot more appealing to some people by comparison for anyone that may have judged the PT a little too harshly.

So it would take a massive investment in world building of the ST era of the same caliber (not happening) and a film trilogy worse than the ST (not happening Maker willing) to make any difference.

The internal consistency of the sequel trilogy doesn't even work, characters are plainly inconsistent, and truths one movie tells us are then negated by the following one. The PT, at the end of the day, was George's vision through and through- for better and for worse. The world building is consistent, the characters are mostly consistent and The Clone Wars has grounds on which to stand. It's also nice to have years between the films, not just days. TLJ being set roughly a day or two after TFA really makes it literally impossible to fill in the blanks of why the characters act entirely differently. No show can go in and fix that imo. The ST is broken on a conceptual level where the PT was mostly criticised for execution, not the story or world-building itself.

I too feel bad for the ST actors. I feel the main four (Ridley, Driver, Boyega, Isaac) are all really talented- but there is only so much one can do with directors/writers who have entirely different conceptions of their characters. Each are different people depending on if Abrams or Johnson directs or writes the scene. To me, it's another reminder that actors are just playing off a script and direction. They are the last people anyone should be angry at for creative decisions made.

Also yes, a Poe Dameron figure would be a pick up for me but I'd also get a Dark Rey because I'm a glutton for headcanoning the figures I buy into a story I enjoy more.

The internal consistency of the sequel trilogy doesn't even work, characters are plainly inconsistent, and truths one movie tells us are then negated by the following one. The PT, at the end of the day, was George's vision through and through- for better and for worse. The world building is consistent, the characters are mostly consistent and The Clone Wars has grounds on which to stand. It's also nice to have years between the films, not just days. TLJ being set roughly a day or two after TFA really makes it literally impossible to fill in the blanks of why the characters act entirely differently. No show can go in and fix that imo. The ST is broken on a conceptual level where the PT was mostly criticised for execution, not the story or world-building itself.

I too feel bad for the ST actors. I feel the main four (Ridley, Driver, Boyega, Isaac) are all really talented- but there is only so much one can do with directors/writers who have entirely different conceptions of their characters. Each are different people depending on if Abrams or Johnson directs or writes the scene. To me, it's another reminder that actors are just playing off a script and direction. They are the last people anyone should be angry at for creative decisions made.

Also yes, a Poe Dameron figure would be a pick up for me but I'd also get a Dark Rey because I'm a glutton for headcanoning the figures I buy into a story I enjoy more.

I fully agree, it is broken at its core. But I think there would be ways to move forward; I thought about it a lot in trying to deal with my anger over TROS. It would just take more work and money than anyone is going to spend on something so unpopular.

At this point, the likely solution if they want to go beyond that time period is just to gloss over the era and put us further in the future with descendants of the popular characters.

But they seem more intent on focusing on other eras. Just as well. They’re going to have to address the future at some point though.

Yeh long shot - though if you asked people a couple of years post Revenge of the Sith and they would probably say something similar.

We can revisit that in 10 to 20 years a I suppose.

Your absolutely right about the actors they deserved better by both the writers/directors as well as the fans - too much hate was sent their way when they simply worked with the material they were given.

As others have said countless times (even Abraham’s) they needed a plan for the direction of the trilogy rather than making it up film to film but alas they didn’t have a game plan in place.

I’d love to see some of these actors and characters get their due in a better film, especially Boyega, it will never happen though as some of them already said they will never come back.

I’ll never understand people getting mad at the actors from a show or movie. They had nothing to do with the debacle. It’s all on Disney from the top down. Bad writing, not understanding the source material, and not having any actual story.

Honestly, if they offered me that cash to scream obi wan over and over l, I would be play reva or I’d scream reyyyyy for 3 movies as Finn.

Side note: I figured out the reva character.
She is a wife.
She’s always screaming obi wan and yelling. He might as well marry her.
Reva, I’m going to the gym.
Five minutes later
Obbbi waaaaaaan, when are coming home?

This could well be true, but I dont see them slacking when it comes to osik like Dead Strange. Or any of ten other stupid recent HT releases.

None. Which is why I'm thinking, there may be personal dislike for the character from someone high up at HT. I have a feeling the whole series is persona non grata there tbh. I am shocked we got the 1/4 Fett, who still tempts me despite his price tag and less-desirable costume.

We're not seeing a whole heck of a lot from "Kenobi" either. Hmmm.
I wouldn't be surprised if Hot Toys has a requirement in their contract of producing at least one release from every new Disney content. Holding Fennec Shand off and labeling her Book of Boba Fett could have filled that requirement. Then we've been told by Sideshow that Hot Toys plans on releasing a Darth Vader from Obi Wan Kenobi. It may depend on popularity and time if Hot Toys decides to release any more from specific Disney content.

Figs I'm waiting on in terms of shows that have streamed :

Mando S1 - Greef Karga, Migs Mayfeld.
Mando S2 - Cobb Vanth
BOBF - Maybe Cobb Vanth, but would rather the S2/Mando version with Boba's armor. Would definitely take Max Rebo, but that is not happening anytime soon.
Kenobi - Purge Trooper

Knowing Hot Toys, the Purge Trooper would be most likely.

Today's Kenobi episode could be the perfect excuse for a couple long overdue releases. Beware, spoiler for Obi-Wan Kenobi episode 5 here under

If Howard watched today's episode, he may have arranged a meeting with his teams to put up PO for Obi-Wan and Anakin in their AOTC outfits asap

somebody better start making threads for these two. I will not touch anything related to this forsaken show :)

Attachments

• 287891670_10158657738002344_4483760746237035643_n.jpg
    287891670_10158657738002344_4483760746237035643_n.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 288358014_10158657738107344_1279454930298030325_n.jpg
    288358014_10158657738107344_1279454930298030325_n.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 0
I feel like this is the best opportunity for HT to do another Storm trooper 2 pack there was a moment where there was a stormtrooper with a new backpack alongside all the regular stormtroopers.

I feel like this is the best opportunity for HT to do another Storm trooper 2 pack there was a moment where there was a stormtrooper with a new backpack alongside all the regular stormtroopers.

This can never get old. Also, they are still own us Purge Trooper.

Back