1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Look how clever this guy is. Nobody said it's a requirement to be the biggest Star Wars fan in the world. But if you are an actor playing a character from a franchise that has a lot of source material and history it's wise to do your homework. This sentiment can be appied to almost any line of work. It's part of properly training to do the job you are about to undertake and it's common knowledge that Star Wars has a rabid fandom. But yeah, no such fandom existed in 1977.
the-batman-penguin.gif

Look how clever this guy is. Nobody said it's a requirement to be the biggest Star Wars fan in the world. But if you are an actor playing a character from a franchise that has a lot of source material and history it's wise to do your homework. This sentiment can be appied to almost any line of work. It's part of properly training to do the job you are about to undertake and it's common knowledge that Star Wars has a rabid fandom. But yeah, no such fandom existed in 1977.
I just don't think it matters, how many MCU actors do you think actually give a **** about that franchise and watch all of the previous movies before they join? Probably as many as you think

She's playing a new character, there's not much for her to study that's relevant to her character really. The writers and directors are there to ensure the actor fulfills their vision. I don't like the character but the actress being a Star Wars fan or not doesn't really matter imo.

The guy playing the Grand Inquisitor didn't watch Rebels or anything to do with his character, but he does a good job portraying the character imo (inaccurate/goofy looking makeup and prosphetics aside).

Give me a good actor and a good story and I’m good. You guys, on the other hand, go into hysterics and hyper sensitive fragility over every perceived “wokeness” you see.
Would be better if there were more than one good actor. 🖖 :unsure:;) As for the story ... all I can say is I really want to like this show, as I did for BoBF. If it doesn't work out that way, par for the course.

I just don't think it matters, how many MCU actors do you think actually give a **** about that franchise and watch all of the previous movies before they join? Probably as many as you think

She's playing a new character, there's not much for her to study that's relevant to her character really. The writers and directors are there to ensure the actor fulfills their vision. I don't like the character but the actress being a Star Wars fan or not doesn't really matter imo.

The guy playing the Grand Inquisitor didn't watch Rebels or anything to do with his character, but he does a good job portraying the character imo (inaccurate/goofy looking makeup and prosphetics aside).

Any way you slice it she needs to go back to rudimentary acting 101, her performance was terrible. But a general awareness of Kenobi's history and the Star Wars universe couldn't hurt. I wouldn't want to be the one trying to defend the position of laziness and apathy, but again it is 2022.

Any way you slice it she needs to go back to rudimentary acting 101, her performance was terrible. But a general awareness of Kenobi's history and the Star Wars universe couldn't hurt. I wouldn't want to be the one trying to defend the position of laziness and apathy, but again it is 2022.
I agree her performance isn't great, but it has nothing to do with knowing Obi-Wans backstory.

Didn't she say she hadn't seen any of the movies BEFORE being hired? Has she come out and specifically said that she still hasn't watched them during her preparation for the role?

Kenobi had a good start. Ewan’s a good actor, a much better lead than earlier actors’. Him rejecting help to the hunted jedi was well executed, you could see the regret in Ewan’s eyes.

Reva is.. Yeah.. Like you all have said, a bit too much. Might get better later on.

Grand inquisitor seems like a cool character. Think the actor’s doing a good job. Haven’t seen rebels so can’t say much about how well he portrays character we saw in that show.

Jedi temple scene was excellent, great to see live action clone troopers. Haven’t found much behind the scenes material of it, anyone know how they made it? Is it people in suits or some type of CGI magic? Hope it’s real people in real clone trooper costumes.

One thing I’m certain of: we will see more of Grogu, they’ll probably show how he escaped the temple and who saved him. Flashbacks in next episode?

Edit: not sure how this spoiler function works, tried a few times but always fail.

Kenobi had a good start. Ewan’s a good actor, a much better lead than earlier actors’. Him rejecting help to the hunted jedi was well executed, you could see the regret in Ewan’s eyes.

Reva is.. Yeah.. Like you all have said, a bit too much. Might get better later on.

Grand inquisitor seems like a cool character. Think the actor’s doing a good job. Haven’t seen rebels so can’t say much about how well he portrays character we saw in that show.

Jedi temple scene was excellent, great to see live action clone troopers. Haven’t found much behind the scenes material of it, anyone know how they made it? Is it people in suits or some type of CGI magic? Hope it’s real people in real clone trooper costumes.

One thing I’m certain of: we will see more of Grogu, they’ll probably show how he escaped the temple and who saved him. Flashbacks in next episode?

Edit: not sure how this spoiler function works, tried a few times but always fail.
I think these were practical clones for the first time ever, the ones in the Andor teaser look practical too.

I think these were practical clones for the first time ever, the ones in the Andor teaser look practical too.
Nice! Behind the scenes footage of this would be nice to see. Hobo Tem was an interesting choice, hope they’ve included a few more clone parts in this show.

Oh, forgot to change thread. Supposed to be in the Kenobi thread, guess it works here too though.

Nothing new but higher quality video

Thanks for sharing, Clones seems to have landed to be a convenient filler as they(and everyone) emerge from the covid production slump. Those new vehicles are interesting surprise.
Thought (was hoping) for sure they'd wrap up the last bit of what little hype remained for BoBF with at least Cad Bane and Chocolate Kroissant, before shifting gears towards Obi-Wan, really nothing here though.

I’d rather have writers, concept artists, directors, and producers who know and unerstand Star Wars. Actors are just there to act and if they are talented and receiving good support it doesn’t matter whether they are a fan or not.

Back