1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Previously, these photos showed everything was the planned to ship in the coming month. They typically feature final production versions of the figures.

Bo Katan is, unfortunately, absent. (Along with Spider-Verse Miles, who is severely late at this point.)
Hot Toys specifically said these were due out “this coming summer” in their post, so it’s very likely that Bo-Katan isn’t hitting until August or September if that’s the track they’re on. Which means most of us won’t have her until November time frame, which feels about status quo for Hot Toys right now.

I’m guessing that means a figure like Jesse is probably getting pushed well into next year. Maybe he and Vaughn will be saved since there’s so many reused parts, but point being these releases are about to get egregiously delayed.

I’m going to have to reeeaaalllllyyyy want a figure to wait two and a half years for it.

View attachment 573310

So Hot Toys posted this overnight. While it's nice to see an actual roadmap for what's coming next, aren't all of those Star Wars figures either 4Q21 or 1Q22 releases? I don't think any of them are 2Q22, unless I'm mistaken. If that is actually the case, I think this is the official sign that everything is going to be delayed 1-2 quarters.

Unless Hot Toys is going to blitz these releases to get caught up, there's gonna be a loooong wait on any characters going up for pre-order now, including anything announced on May 4th. We won't see those until mid 2024 at the earliest at this rate. Definitely a buzzkill.
Only got the CW Anakin, Moff G and Spider-Verse Miles to worry about (from the photo) thank goodness. For those that have more on order, patience is a virtue they say. There are individuals that need their monthly fix though Hot Toys.:unsure:

Yeah, that's a guarantee at this point.

It blows my mind that Howard is a massive Star Wars fan and keeps overlooking Padme. You'd think he has to know there's people who'd want to display her with Anakin, or even Ahsoka or Obi-Wan.

Yeah, that's a guarantee at this point.

It blows my mind that Howard is a massive Star Wars fan and keeps overlooking Padme. You'd think he has to know there's people who'd want to display her with Anakin, or even Ahsoka or Obi-Wan.
And they could milk the **** out of a Padme sculpt, with the amount of outfits she has they could pump out Padme figures like troopers.

Army building Padme’s.

I don't think he's overlooking it. There are just too many projects on his plate and not enough sculptors. Hopefully Thor 4 will change that. They need to get her right if they want to milk the sculpt. Collectors let HT know when the initial prototype was out.

I don't think he's overlooking it. There are just too many projects on his plate and not enough sculptors. Hopefully Thor 4 will change that. They need to get her right if they want to milk the sculpt. Collectors let HT know when the initial prototype was out.
But they already prototyped her, so I doubt that’s the reason. They’ve got capacity for nobody characters like Koska Reeves.

But they already prototyped her, so I doubt that’s the reason. They’ve got capacity for nobody characters like Koska Reeves.
Was going to say this. If Koska Reeves can get a sculpt, there's absolutely no reason that the mother of Luke and Leia shouldn't have one by now. Maybe they haven't gotten a sculpt they're happy with and that's a valid explanation, but there's no way Bo-Katan should be a few months away from release and Padme is nowhere to be found.

Given the covid situation and the problems With shipping it’s not Surprising that it’s all slipped for now. Hopefully they will catch up over the next year or so and we will only wait the usual 2 years !

https://www.sideshow.com/blog/sideshow-star-wars-celebration-2022
Sideshow-at-Star-Wars-Celebration-2022-740x387.jpg

Obi-Wan Kenobi series starts May 27.....I wonder if this lessens the reveals for May the Fourth so that it can coincide with this and the Obi-Wan series.

NEW REVEALS​

Don’t miss new reveals, first-time convention appearances, and more, with deluxe figures and limited edition statues, art, and Star Wars collectibles in a variety of scales on display.

HOT TOYS​

Sideshow Booth #2719 will include a new display of Hot Toys deluxe 1/6 scale poseable figures — combining brand new, never-before-seen reveals with fan-favorite characters.

SHOW EXCLUSIVES​

This will make a fine addition to your collection: Multiple limited edition and convention-exclusive products will be available during the show, including new collectibles from Sideshow, Hot Toys, New Zealand Mint, and others! Visit Booth #2719 for access to exclusive purchases.

At this point, any new Han especially one that actually gets his likeness right would be a shock.

Bespin Han has become the stuff of collecting legend purely because of its absence. It's strange because Han is obviously one of the biggest characters in the lore, but we still don't have him.

I prefer Harrison as Indy myself, and someone mentioned since Luke now has a second Bespin DX that Indy should get one too.

But I have no faith in HT to get his likeness down no matter what the character. And I won't settle for a lookalike, hence why DX Indy is still such a sore spot in the hobby for me.

At this point, any new Han especially one that actually gets his likeness right would be a shock.

Bespin Han has become the stuff of collecting legend purely because of its absence. It's strange because Han is obviously one of the biggest characters in the lore, but we still don't have him.

I prefer Harrison as Indy myself, and someone mentioned since Luke now has a second Bespin DX that Indy should get one too.

But I have no faith in HT to get his likeness down no matter what the character. And I won't settle for a lookalike, hence why DX Indy is still such a sore spot in the hobby for me.
Howard Chan remembers.

NUEhcs.gif

solofigure-161335.jpg

No Echo or Hunter in the summer release post either.

Really starting to feel like there isn't much of a reason to pre-order anymore, unless you have rewards or coupons to use.

...and that right there is why I dont have Echo or Jesse PO'd. Will probably buy those figures. But I'll wait till they get here. If HT aint going to rush, neither will I. I might wait until like, Dec 23 when all my points have matured, and do a PO then so I can use my points. Thatll be it tho.

Back