1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no way Sideshow could re-release their old SSC Rebel Fleet Trooper - while expensive on the secondary market, it's a very dated figure. The headsculpt obviously, but the outfit has that "big stitches/thick folds" simplistic look that really is miles behind the sharply tailored 1/6 outfits of today (SSC and HT.) The helmet, boots and blaster are about the only things that hold up today.

And re Julian Glover, he actually had some pretty major roles after ESB - as villains in Bond and Indy obviously, but also other strong supporting roles all the way up to today with GOT. Not a known star, but a significant cameo/supporting actor.

But wow, I love how people are thinking but I seriously doubt HT would ever make stuff like ATST driver or even Veers, as much as I'd love-love it. It just seems like we are in an era of "if (insert OT character/outfit) isn't in (insert current SW TV show) then it won't be made." So we get "OT faves" like Jawa (the fig's eye color was no mistake,) Scout trooper + bike and Tusken because of Mando.

To me the only "true OT" we'll get in the next year or two are big ticket centerpiece items like Han Bespin (Luke Snowspeeder....) We're in a different era now - something HT has always salivated over: constant new SW entertainment that takes in the OT but is new, like these TV shows. It was great to see some love for the ESB anniversary (gives me hope for ROTJ,) but it really didn't go deep at all.

They delved into the OT during the ST because they sensed the pushback against the ST figure-wise pretty quickly. In the era of the adored Mando and the toilet-roll list of new SW shows that isn't necessary. I'd love to think I'm wrong.:pray:

Lucasfilm couldn't even help themselves long enough to haul in all the money. The contamination has already begun. I have a bad feeling about The Mandalorian in season three and beyond.

WHAT! No Two-Tubes under RO? Outrageous, sir!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? No Nute Gunray under PT? Star of all 3 films, murdered by Vader himself. Beyond outrageous, sir!

I bid you, good day.

Edited.

For the life of me I can't believe people actually think Snoop Dogg's cousin is going to get a figure:lol :lol :lol

Mandalorians sell, and they can release her without a head sculpt if need be.

I agree, it's unlikely we'll see a lot of the secondary or tertiary characters done any time soon, if ever.

When I think just off the top of my head of how many figures they could do, the release schedule would stretch out for decades with the number of figures they do per year and with new shows and movies constantly on the way.

This is kind of a wishlist but I kept it to things that seem a bit more feasible, which includes some big omissions like all the Hans. Some things are far more likely than others but I included them anyway.

I have a feeling Hot Toys has somewhat kept to what they said several years ago that they may not necessarily re-do everything Sideshow has done if the Sideshow version holds up well enough.

OT
Han Solo (Bespin)
Han Solo (Endor)
Leia (Boushh)
Lando Calrissian (General)
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot)
C-3PO
General Veers*
TIE Pilot
Scout Trooper
AT-AT Driver
Death Star Trooper* (RIP)
Rebel Fleet Trooper*
Greedo*
Bib Fortuna*
Gamorrean Guard*
Admiral Ackbar*
Nien Nunb*

PT
Padme Amidala (Episode II - Tatooine/Geonosis) (MIA)
Padme Amidala (Episode I - Queen)
Aayla Secura*
Palpatine (Chancellor)
Mace Windu
Plo Koon*
Kit Fisto* (MIA)
Commander Bly
Commander Gree
212th Trooper (MIA)
212th Airborne Trooper (MIA)
41st Scout Trooper
General Grievous
Battle Droid (MIA)
Nute Gunray**

The Mandalorian
Ahsoka Tano
Boba Fett (clean armor)
Fennec Shand
Koska Reeves
Axe Woves
The Armorer
Kuiil*
Greef Karga*
Stormtrooper (Rogue One style, clean or lightly weathered)

The Clone Wars
Ahsoka Tano (Season 3)*
Bo-Katan Kryze*
Mandalorian Loyalist*
Gar Saxon*
Mandalorian Super Commando*
ARC Trooper Jesse
Commander Fox*
Clone Trooper (Shiny)
Asajj Ventress*
Aurra Sing*

Rogue One
Cassian Andor
Baze Malbus* (MIA)
Chirrut Imwe* (Reissue in two-pack)
Saw Gerrera*
Edrio Two-Tubes**
Benthic Two-Tuebs**

Possible Releases
Ahsoka Tano (Rosario Dawson) - Ahsoka series
Grand Admiral Thrawn - future live action appearance
Cassian Andor - Andor series
Boba Fett (Clean Armor) - The Book of Boba fett
Fennec Shand - The Book of Boba Fett
Various Rebel/Imperial Pilots - Rogue Squadron

*Unlikely
**A Little Extra Unlikely

I would personally love for Hot Toys to make the medal ceremony versions of Leia, Luke, and Han at the end of ANH (I would even be fine if they reused the ANH headsculpts). I'm also holding out hope for Poe Dameron and Ben Solo.

I would personally love for Hot Toys to make the medal ceremony versions of Leia, Luke, and Han at the end of ANH (I would even be fine if they reused the ANH headsculpts). I'm also holding out hope for Poe Dameron and Ben Solo.

That would be a good way to get new versions of Leia, Luke, and Han for ANH, but I hope they at least finish the trio for ESB and ROTJ first.

It would be nice if they would do an old style DX figure with Luke with both a Yavin Ceremony and X-Wing Pilot version in the box.

It's very unlikely there will be any more figures from the Sequel Trilogy, though. That ship has sailed.

There is no way Sideshow could re-release their old SSC Rebel Fleet Trooper - while expensive on the secondary market, it's a very dated figure. The headsculpt obviously, but the outfit has that "big stitches/thick folds" simplistic look that really is miles behind the sharply tailored 1/6 outfits of today (SSC and HT.) The helmet, boots and blaster are about the only things that hold up today.

And re Julian Glover, he actually had some pretty major roles after ESB - as villains in Bond and Indy obviously, but also other strong supporting roles all the way up to today with GOT. Not a known star, but a significant cameo/supporting actor.

But wow, I love how people are thinking but I seriously doubt HT would ever make stuff like ATST driver or even Veers, as much as I'd love-love it. It just seems like we are in an era of "if (insert OT character/outfit) isn't in (insert current SW TV show) then it won't be made." So we get "OT faves" like Jawa (the fig's eye color was no mistake,) Scout trooper + bike and Tusken because of Mando.

To me the only "true OT" we'll get in the next year or two are big ticket centerpiece items like Han Bespin (Luke Snowspeeder....) We're in a different era now - something HT has always salivated over: constant new SW entertainment that takes in the OT but is new, like these TV shows. It was great to see some love for the ESB anniversary (gives me hope for ROTJ,) but it really didn't go deep at all.

They delved into the OT during the ST because they sensed the pushback against the ST figure-wise pretty quickly. In the era of the adored Mando and the toilet-roll list of new SW shows that isn't necessary. I'd love to think I'm wrong.:pray:

I think you?re right.

I just think that people aren't getting that these new SW shows represent a sea change in 1/6 SW figures - where there will be so much new content generating so many new characters - and therefore figures - that there just won't be the bandwidth for the constant flip-flops back to OT characters we've seen over the ST era (an era that encompasses most of HT's SW production.)

Yeah, I'm always amazed this outfit doesn't get more "wanted lists" attention. She does nothing in it but present a medal, but it is one of the most memorable moments of ANH and other than the GG bust and Hasbro figs (I still have the Hasbro 12",) it has never been done.

Luke in a repainted Walrusman jacket and Han's pants is a kinda cool look but the Leia to me would be the standout of the three (Han is really no different at all.)

That outfit and the red queens outfit from TPM would be a nice side-by-side display, but I imagine the Padme TPM outfits are just too complex for HT to attempt when it's not an action-oriented outfit in any way.

That would be a good way to get new versions of Leia, Luke, and Han for ANH, but I hope they at least finish the trio for ESB and ROTJ first.

It would be nice if they would do an old style DX figure with Luke with both a Yavin Ceremony and X-Wing Pilot version in the box.

It's very unlikely there will be any more figures from the Sequel Trilogy, though. That ship has sailed.

I grew up on the Prequel Trilogy in theaters and I started Hot Toys with Dark Side Anakin. If the Sequel Trilogy regains popularity through the younger fans who become older, I'd be curious which character would get them into Hot Toys.

I just think that people aren't getting that these new SW shows represent a sea change in 1/6 SW figures - where there will be so much new content generating so many new characters - and therefore figures - that there just won't be the bandwidth for the constant flip-flops back to OT characters we've seen over the ST era (an era that encompasses most of HT's SW production.)

Yeah, I'm always amazed this outfit doesn't get more "wanted lists" attention. She does nothing in it but present a medal, but it is one of the most memorable moments of ANH and other than the GG bust and Hasbro figs (I still have the Hasbro 12",) it has never been done.

Luke in a repainted Walrusman jacket and Han's pants is a kinda cool look but the Leia to me would be the standout of the three (Han is really no different at all.)

That outfit and the red queens outfit from TPM would be a nice side-by-side display, but I imagine the Padme TPM outfits are just too complex for HT to attempt when it's not an action-oriented outfit in any way.

I agree. Leia really is the standout. It?s the only time she truly looks like royalty. Luke?s outfit is kind of cool too. It?s used quite a bit in the comic books. So it has a ?continuing adventures? appeal. Maybe Hot Toys would consider releasing them as convention exclusives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I grew up on the Prequel Trilogy in theaters and I started Hot Toys with Dark Side Anakin. If the Sequel Trilogy regains popularity through the younger fans who become older, I'd be curious which character would get them into Hot Toys.

The timing worked out that Hot Toys has released PT/TCW era figures during a period with somewhat renewed interest in the PT, and strong interest in TCW due to season 7 and the Siege of Mandalore. As you said, kids then are adults now so some can buy the Hot Toys figures as they’re released.

The difference is that the ST figures have come and gone (though not entirely from retailers) when those kids that like it are kids.

Those figures will be long gone and it’s doubtful there’d be any or very many more in the far future. Though none but some of the main characters will likely be worth that much anyway.

I don’t think there’ll be as much ST nostalgia as there is PT nostalgia, which is partly driven by the ST’s failings.

It'll literally be a 20 year wait for that.

Who know who the next Star Wars figure is going to be, because you never know when you are going to get what you ordered. Multiple batches, shipping delays, two year preorder windows, skyrocketing prices, head sculpt avoidance, etc...

HT were so much easier and fun to collect back when it took 9-12 months to get a preorder and the entire shipment for everyone dropped at once. It wasn't that long ago...:slap

It's a pandemic out there. :dunno

I work retail and there's food items that my store and others haven't had in stock for months now because of supplier issues. In-stock items have gone up in price. Hot Toys has likewise been affected.

It's a pandemic out there. :dunno

I work retail and there's food items that my store and others haven't had in stock for months now because of supplier issues. In-stock items have gone up in price. Hot Toys has likewise been affected.

Much of that list predates the pandemic though.:dunno

Much of that list predates the pandemic though.:dunno

Indeed. But if you need an excuse, blame the covid. For now it's an almost universally accepted excuse for any problem. For some it's like forging your parent's signature on your sick notes back in junior high school.

Ahsoka
Mando v3
Luke Mando

Are still the highest probability ones to come next.

Think your right there, outside chance we also see a clean/lightly weathered Stormtrooper... we will see one eventually as they will likely feature heavily in the Cassian show.

Back