1/6 NEXT Hot Toys MCU Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep seeing people say they want this and will cancel the classic suit from the video game. Honest question: what are the differences? Aside from maybe a Holland sculpt, the two seem very similar…
Two things: The evolved spider logo front and back, and the very cool MCU Spidey eye shape.

So, I had an idea. What if each release of NWH had deluxe versions that come with interconnecting bases, which then form a diorama for the final battle? This means Hot Toys could still include features of less popular characters without making full blown figures. As much as I love Sandman and Lizard as characters, I can't see them getting a full release.

I keep seeing people say they want this and will cancel the classic suit from the video game. Honest question: what are the differences? Aside from maybe a Holland sculpt, the two seem very similar…

Two things: The evolved spider logo front and back, and the very cool MCU Spidey eye shape.
And a metallic shine on the blue parts.

Where are the NWH Spidey villains? HT had to be ready for these and is probably ready through the movies of this year.

Yeah odd as Doc was all over the trailers.
For that reason I have to think he’ll be the first villain figure reveal, right? I’m really curious if the merch will have red on the tentacles or not. And I’m really hoping they don’t actually do two trench coats stacked ontop another when a faux second collar would suffice. I wouldn’t be interested in a Hot Toys rendition that looks anything like that third party Doc Ock figure.

Did Mysterio sell okay? Would that affect the schedule of villains? Considering they are all Spider-Man villains, I would expect them to do decently.

For that reason I have to think he’ll be the first villain figure reveal, right? I’m really curious if the merch will have red on the tentacles or not. And I’m really hoping they don’t actually do two trench coats stacked ontop another when a faux second collar would suffice. I wouldn’t be interested in a Hot Toys rendition that looks anything like that third party Doc Ock figure.
I agree I imagine him being first. I can't see the tentacles being red since that it really wasn't him in control with it and it incapacitated his abilities.

That third party trenchcoat is badly tailored. It is the worst thing about it and the sculpt isn't food to me either.

Now HT got screwed with 2 SM figures in that their looks and accessories changed during from concept to finished product. It might be best for most if not all figures to wait till the show or film is out there to accurately represent the appearance. I hate saying that as Road Worn Thor was awesome to have in hand before Ragnarok was released.

Did Mysterio sell okay? Would that affect the schedule of villains? Considering they are all Spider-Man villains, I would expect them to do decently.
Whole lot of us jumped on Mysterio so I imagine he sold quite well. He doesn’t appear to have sold out anywhere yet but the prices are staying at or above retail.
I agree I imagine him being first. I can't see the tentacles being red since that it really wasn't him in control with it and it incapacitated his abilities.

That third party trenchcoat is badly tailored. It is the worst thing about it and the sculpt isn't food to me either.

Now HT got screwed with 2 SM figures in that their looks and accessories changed during from concept to finished product. It might be best for most if not all figures to wait till the show or film is out there to accurately represent the appearance. I hate saying that as Road Worn Thor was awesome to have in hand before Ragnarok was released.
Yep it would make the most sense for the tentacles to not have the red nanotech, but I could see the merch incorporating that detail before having seen the film and realizing it shouldn’t be there. Like you said Hot Toys got burned twice already, so I could see them wanting to make any other potential adjustments/accessory additions before revealing any more figures.

If they do them (I say if as we know Hot Toys do some strange things sometimes) Im definitely in for a Maguire and Garfield - right now my problem is choosing a Holland figure.

I had the Homecoming figure but sold it a while back, I had been looking at the Integrated suit as it basically combined everything about the MCU suits up to this point but him never using the Iron Spider legs in the film is find of a let down as I sat there expecting it and they never appeared.

Leaves me with the currently available Upgraded suit... decisions decisions

Honestly, I think the Upgraded Suit is a nice one to represent the Holland trilogy.

It has enough classic design elements in it, much more cleaner look and has a very striking colour scheme. That white POPS. When you think about it, the Integrated suit was basically just the Upgraded suit with a new golden spider symbol and is functionally the same.

I am only getting the Integrated suit as I enjoyed NWH so much. And that display base is sweeeeeeeet. Might have to get that SM3 Sandman diorama in the secondary market to go with it as well.

Any chance HT will do Maguire and Garfield in 1/4 scale? They already have one Holland figure in that scale and showed two more prototypes.

For sixth scale I just need clean versions of each Spider-Man, ideally that end of movie classic suit for Holland.

Would be nice to see the villains but keeping my expectations low on that.

If they do them (I say if as we know Hot Toys do some strange things sometimes) Im definitely in for a Maguire and Garfield - right now my problem is choosing a Holland figure.

I had the Homecoming figure but sold it a while back, I had been looking at the Integrated suit as it basically combined everything about the MCU suits up to this point but him never using the Iron Spider legs in the film is find of a let down as I sat there expecting it and they never appeared.

Leaves me with the currently available Upgraded suit... decisions decisions
Personally the Homecoming Tech suit is my favourite (as it's a nice tech upgrade of the classic Spidey suit), but the FFH Upgrade suit is the best figure. I'll be getting the Integrated suit as I get all the Spidey suits I like, and it is what he wears when he teams up with Maguire and Garfield, so the plan/dream is to have all three together.

Lols 1/4 MK4 with Gantry. I'll stick to my 1/6.
The internet would be exploding if it was Doc Ock or Green Goblin.

ce2c7f9e198e6a1a58a39154bb2a3bb91f07ac10.gifv

Back