New Toymart issue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So do I.

That Hasbro really doesn't look half bad at all for a mass market retail piece, someone just needs to pose the thing properly.

The prototype looked okay at SDCC last year, but it's still clearly a $20 mass-market piece.

And I disagree about the jacket. Though SSC's (on the proto anyway) is too clean and too smooth that can be easily fixed with some weathering. The Hasbro jacket appears to be too heavy and doesn't sit right, which is key because the "water treatment" won't work on pleather or leather.

I think weathering the Sideshow jacket is gonna be a problem because of that thin, smooth material. It doesn't look like it'll take much abuse.

I think weathering the Sideshow jacket is gonna be a problem because of that thin, smooth material. It doesn't look like it'll take much abuse.

I've weathered that type of material before with no issues whatsoever. You just have to use the right weight of paper for the abrasions and shoe polish and weathering dirt for the rest. As soon as I get mine, I will do it and write up a tutorial.

I've weathered that type of material before with no issues whatsoever. You just have to use the right weight of paper for the abrasions and shoe polish and weathering dirt for the rest. As soon as I get mine, I will do it and write up a tutorial.

That'd be cool Irish. I hope you make a believer out of me. It just doesn't look like you'll be able to get that cracked and worn leather look from the smooth vinyl type jacket though.

Here comes the expected onslaught of Indiana Jones collectibles. I am pretty much holding out for the p.f.

I am hoping it is announced this weekend.

Fuller's Earth is the answer. For those that don't know fuller's earth is basically a movie make up used for weathering and dirtying up clothes for movie scenes. I've used a sand / light dirt colored fuller's earth for my Indy outfit for halloween for a few years and for any figure aging and it works great. The Sideshow Indy fig would look almost perfect with a light dusting of it on the jacket and hat especially.

:rock:rock:rock

:bow:lecture I will be happy to sit at the feet of the master once you've got the proper recipe for weathering the INDY jacket (if it does indeed arrive so new looking).

Count me in. Thanks!

Yeah, from what you all have said should be easy it will just hopefully be at a time I can use my phone and not get into trouble. :lol

I'd rather it have been Monday as I won't have school that day.

It does say pre-order not PPO so it may be inclusive to give everyone a chance. And if Gandalf is $90 then Indy probably won't be any less... ugh.

I still don't think he'll be that much coin, but we'll find out soon enough. I would like to at least get a idea of what time he'll be going up... todays totally caught me by surprise.

Yeah, knowing the time he's going up for pre-order would definitely be helpful. I've got a couple of classes on Tuesday, but luckily I've got most of the day free after 9:45. Good thing the university has wireless installed everywhere - I don't want to miss out on this figure so my laptop will be going everywhere with that day.

Strange indeed, I would have been a bit bummed if I missed out on the exclusive... but with TBD I guess we'll be safe.

It does say pre-order not PPO so it may be inclusive to give everyone a chance. And if Gandalf is $90 then Indy probably won't be any less... ugh.

If it goes up real early I might be able to get it ordered without any issues.

afd163cover.jpg

That is the SS Indy that we have all been waiting for? The one that is to eclipse the Toys McCoy Indy? I know Trevor's sculpt is excellent but that pic makes Indy look bloated, and the jacket is awful....I will have to await final judgment until better pics arrive but right now....I am not impressed.

Back