New Toymart issue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. I just want them to fix the minor mistakes to make as accurate an Indy figure as possible.

The Indy hat look is all in the turn. The Raiders hat was bashed with about a 2" or more turn of the hat, that is not pointing forward when the creases are added. This gives the front and side brim curls the distinctive asymmetrical look. The other 3 films, including KotCS, do not have the turn (each has other differences such as a reverse taper), though the new film does return to the same look and bash of the Raiders hat. :rock

And yes it could do with a taller crown. This crown is a bit shorter like the Last Crusade look.

definately has the Raiders turn and the Cairo bash, it's how I have my main fedora I wear. Yeah I like how they went back to the Raiders look for the fedora, definately the best in the series. I'm thinking of using my tax money to have Steve make me one from KotCS like the ones he did for the film.

definately has the Raiders turn and the Cairo bash, it's how I have my main fedora I wear. Yeah I like how they went back to the Raiders look for the fedora, definately the best in the series. I'm thinking of using my tax money to have Steve make me one from KotCS like the ones he did for the film.

Any idea on what Steve is charging for those? (PM me if necessary)

definately has the Raiders turn and the Cairo bash, it's how I have my main fedora I wear. Yeah I like how they went back to the Raiders look for the fedora, definately the best in the series. I'm thinking of using my tax money to have Steve (Fedora on the Club Obi Wan board) make me one from KotCS like the ones he did for the film.

I'm still waiting for my adventurebuilt. :monkey2 Soon to be a year.

Am I the only one that is bothered by the shirt? I hope there are some jacketless pictures coming up soon, hopefully in the Tomart's.

Any idea on what Steve is charging for those? (PM me if necessary)

I think they're still $250. But be prepared to wait over a year or so. Especially now that orders have picked up due to the new movie.

EDIT: Nope. Up to $350 + shipping now.

Am I the only one that is bothered by the shirt? I hope there are some jacketless pictures coming up soon, hopefully in the Tomart's.

The shirt bothers me too. I could live with the buttons being the wrong color, but the shirt is too white. Several places make an Indy shirt and they are all cream or off-white. It just doesn't look right. But, I'm sure Sideshow will fix that before it is in our hands.

I like that he comes to us clean and classy. It'll make weathering him sooooo much more satisfying. I'm sure Josh is with me on this.:D

The shirt bothers me too. I could live with the buttons being the wrong color, but the shirt is too white. Several places make an Indy shirt and they are all cream or off-white. It just doesn't look right. But, I'm sure Sideshow will fix that before it is in our hands.

I'm not so sure. They'll only fix it if they know about it. :rolleyes:

Just chiming in to the most fun thread I have ever read through, and the most exciting!
Even though I have had my own custom Indy for the better part of ten years now, THIS figure has me excited!
What's not to like? Trev's sculpt! The new body (and neck!!!!) and the gloved hands...and so much more! Details to be resolved...

And with the notion of the other versions to come....I am now in a quandry. Dammit! I've been able to focus on ALIENS and PREDATORS only for so long...and now, with the pressures of the new movie, and this line....I have to admit...it almost hurts!
But, it's a good kind of pain! I'll take it!

Damn, that's a cool figure!!!!!!! :rock

Well said, Les. :chew

Any chance in hell of a Sean Connery likeness on a fig for this line?

Excellent chance. Indy's father is already being made in Kotos, showing that the licensing is there and secured. I think we'll definitely see him in the 1/6 line.

I'm still waiting for my adventurebuilt. :monkey2 Soon to be a year.

No, I'm bothered by the shirt, and in general there's a few things about it that don't look quite right - so I hope they improve upon them in the final product. Thanks for your detailed examination of the photo.

Plus, I don't want to do my own weathering! I want to buy a figure that already looks perfect!

I'm not whining or hating, I love the figure already, I just want it to be the greatest figure of all time. By the way, am I alone in thinking that the skin colour ont he face could do with being darker to suggest a tan? At the moment Indy looks like he works indoors all the time!

I can't even remember the details like the shirt on the real one... so I can't remember what the difference is, lol.

If it IS too light/clean/whatever... then a bit of paint, a bit of tea, a bit of coffee, a bit of sandpaper and the world will be all right again :rock

I might have have to order this.....

The only time I remember him wearing gloves in Raiders is the truck chase scene...correct me if I'm wrong...

What's the exclusive gonna be???

It is kind of early, considering h hasn't even been officially announced yet...

He definitely wears gloves in the bar fight. Someone probably has a detailed list but that one I know for sure.

afd163cover.jpg

This is the first thing from Sideshow that I've seen since Jabba that made me gasp when I saw it....WOW!

No nit-picks from me...(well, one....fingers crossed to breaking point that THIS one makes it through production on the same level as Old Ben)...

And a hope that we get TWO whips...one as shown (with a wire for posibility presumably) and a permenantly "coiled" one to hang on his belt...and that bag looks awfully bulky...is there an idol in there? :D

Seriously though...this looks fantastic!
When's the PPO again? :)

HIGH RES: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/prodblog/afd_163.jpg

The coat looks too pleathery. Probably needs to be weathered.

They have to change the strap for the bag. It's too fragile for something like that. Never liked when they used something like that for Aragorn's belt and Faramir's quiver. Plus it feels cheap.

Whip is nice and probably bendable. But I know I wasn't the only one hoping for a 'real' one. Maybe it does come with one.

Everything else looks really nice. And hopefully they change certain things for accuracy (if what I've read is correct). I don't know Indy's clothing in full detail.

New body! :rock

This is the first thing from Sideshow that I've seen since Jabba that made me gasp when I saw it....WOW!

No nit-picks from me...(well, one....fingers crossed to breaking point that THIS one makes it through production on the same level as Old Ben)...

And a hope that we get TWO whips...one as shown (with a wire for posibility presumably) and a permenantly "coiled" one to hang on his belt...and that bag looks awfully bulky...is there an idol in there? :D

Seriously though...this looks fantastic!
When's the PPO again? :)

I would be we get two whips. I'm gonna go with a pose similar to what we see on that magazine.

Back