New Star Wars Animated Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People here at the Cartoon Network haven't a clue about this, so apparently LFL hasn't even approached the network about it officially.

I do hate the idea of this show, though, but we'll see how it pans out.

And did I read correctly... someone here actually thinks the Genndy Tartatovsky CLONE WARS "sucked"... as in worse than the current one??

Saying that is worse than saying the PT is better than the OT IMO.

I am still hoping and wishing they will announce new movies based on TOR!

Saying that is worse than saying the PT is better than the OT IMO.

Agreed! The PT wasn't terrible IMO... TPM sucked, AOTC had its cool parts (love those clone troopers!), ROTS had some poor scripting and mediocre acting, nice general story and special FX though... not so many terrible plot holes as the new CW, the Genndy Tartakovsky clone wars was actually enjoyable IMO, there was no need for a stupid orange little girl or a stupid orange frog creature, it was all just moments of action, the dialogue they had wasn't about stupid things ("Ok Ahsoka, let's name the Huttlet "stinky" like it's our own disgusting, nasty, gurgling baby so we can return it to Jabba the Hutt, the crime lord on the non-republic planet because we feel more like helping him than stopping separatist advances in technology or taking our their leaders!" :duh)... It was decent, as far as Star Wars goes...

The show they've got going now is enough of a joke as it is, now they're gonna start trying to make things laughable on purpose???? :confused: If this show happens before the live action show (which sounds AWESOME, because it will take place between ROTS and ANH and possibly include Vader's secret apprentice from the Force Unleashed game, and it may also focus some on Boba Fett!!!), I am going to make an assassination attempt on George Lucas's life for destroying the beloved world I had been introduced to at age 3... I can still remember when my dad told me we were gonna watch "Star Wars", and he popped a VHS in, and I was just blown away by the awesomeness... I can still remember seeing Vader and Luke fight on Bespin, it's one of my earliest childhood memories! Too bad Lucas had to take such a big $H1T on all of that, no longer keeping Star Wars alive for the adventure, but so his fat wallet can start to burst at the seams...

:dunno When I was young, I idolized Lucas... now I know better than to worship such a greedy, heartless, stupid, senile old man, who has hundreds of people to create Star Wars for him, he just rolls in the cash afterwards...

I'm just fine with Family Guy and Robot Chicken style of comedy -its great!

However I'd rather the Star Wars name not turn into a slapstick comedy punchline. I think that would ruin it.

That's why I prefer even some cool fan made movies more than Lucas' recent "interesting" vision on Star Wars... Just watch for example IMPS The Relentless Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 and you'll see what I mean.

This is a monumentally bad idea. While I do admire the Robot Chicken guys, it's one thing when they all do this on their own and it's another when you will have official LFL involvement. I know that they probably have to get approval from LFL for things now, but when LFL is pretty much the "boss", then they are REALLY going to water down the subversive humor in favor of more broad, family friendly entertainment. It'll end up like the Holiday Special, with Bea Arthur (RIP) running the local watering hole and Wookies celebrating Life Day!

Although I am expecting to discover that this is an April Fool's joke, I would check out a series like this. I consider it to be an original vision of the overall Star Wars universe. And the more, the better as far as I am concerned.

I may or may not like it. But if I do not, I will allow for those who might like it.

And whether I like it or not...it gives Sideshow another pool of characters to draw from for cool 1:6 scale figures. And for me...that is always a win!

It's not an April Fools joke. The release came through here at Time Warner yesterday, too (though to date no real discussions have taken place with any networks, including Cartoon Network, which is the obvious candidate).

can we please petition to stop this? Can't the Star Wars universe hold on to its last shred of dignity? The production of this show will be the final deathblow to Star Wars, and forever after Star Wars fans will be ashamed of themselves...

My soul may be so intertwined with Star Wars that I may die when it does... so if not for Star Wars, think of the life that you're saving!

NO seriously, we need to petition or something...

can we please petition to stop this? Can't the Star Wars universe hold on to its last shred of dignity? The production of this show will be the final deathblow to Star Wars, and forever after Star Wars fans will be ashamed of themselves...

My soul may be so intertwined with Star Wars that I may die when it does... so if not for Star Wars, think of the life that you're saving!

NO seriously, we need to petition or something...

If it's not dead to you by now, nothing will kill it.

He has certainly broken the fans up into sects like sunnis and shi ites though.

Here's an idea. Assuming this turns out to be real (again, my news blurb was dated March 26th so it still could potentially be an April Fool's joke), if you don't like it, don't watch it! Nobody's putting a gun to your head and saying, "Hey, ya close-minded morons, you gotta watch this!" :dunno

Here's an idea. Assuming this turns out to be real (again, my news blurb was dated March 26th so it still could potentially be an April Fool's joke), if you don't like it, don't watch it! Nobody's putting a gun to your head and saying, "Hey, ya close-minded morons, you gotta watch this!" :dunno

true that.

I have a feeling we wont see a live action series before Im dead and buried. They could skip wasting time and money on this and get kicking on a good show.

The live action series will start production as soon as Lucas makes up his damned mind in what exactly he wants it to be. The writing team has maybe gone through 3-4 seasons worth of scripts already, because he keeps changing it up. I'm so glad I didn't get sucked into that mess.

The live action series will start production as soon as Lucas makes up his damned mind in what exactly he wants it to be. The writing team has maybe gone through 3-4 seasons worth of scripts already, because he keeps changing it up. I'm so glad I didn't get sucked into that mess.

:horror :google :horror :google

Yep. It was supposed to start shooting early this year... been pushed back at least a year now. All because Lucas really doesn't know what he wants yet. Like everything else SW, he's just making it up as he goes along.

As far as I know Fett's still in it, though.

Back