New Star Wars Animated Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agen_kolar

Super Freak
Reaction score
From ComingSoon.net:

New Star Wars Animated Series in the Works

Source: Lucasfilm April 5, 2010

Lucasfilm Animation announced today it is developing an all-new animated "Star Wars" series, focusing its efforts on the comedic aspects of the "galaxy far, far away." Featuring creative involvement from Seth Green and Matthew Senreich, creators and executive producers of the Emmy and Annie Award-winning "Robot Chicken," as well as writing from "The Daily Show's" Brendan Hay, the series will look at the Saga's characters with a playful and irreverent tone. The series will be produced by Daytime Emmy and Gemini Award-winner Jennifer Hill ("The Backyardigans"), and directed by Emmy-nominated Todd Grimes ("Back at the Barnyard").

"There are so many stories taking place in the Star Wars universe, and they don't all have to focus on the fate of the galaxy," said Grimes. "We're looking at Star Wars from a new perspective; this will be a glimpse at how the rest of the galaxy is affected by the events of the Saga. There's a lot of humor to be mined from that."

"The Star Wars universe is so dense and rich; it's crazy to think that there aren't normal, mundane everyday problems in a world so well-defined," said Green. "And it's even crazier to think of what those problems might be, since it's all set in a galaxy far, far away. What do these characters do when they're not overthrowing Empires?"

Said Senreich, "We're going to pull back the curtain of some of those behind-the-scenes shenanigans. It's going to appeal to all ages, the way Star Wars should -- but there'll be plenty buried under the surface, as well. As Obi-Wan might say, 'it all depends on your point of view'."

Your thoughts? Not enough info for me to make an opinion as of yet.

Since when is Star Wars a sitcom?

I think LFL may finally be at that point.

JumpTheShark.jpg

So I'm picturing a weekly or possibly daily dose of Robot Chicken styled Star Wars antics only done in cartoon styling instead of action figures aiming to make kid's laugh? The star of this series will be Jar Jar Binks, I'm calling it now. Him and Anakin's Miley Cyrus sidekick from The Clone Wars.

LFL sure knows how to milk something. What made Family Guy and Robot Chicken great was that it was something different that wasn't happening at the time. Now they are making it a regular thing which will get old fast but probably move a lot of kid's product.

So I'm picturing a weekly or possibly daily dose of Robot Chicken styled Star Wars antics only done in cartoon styling instead of action figures aiming to make kid's laugh? The star of this series will be Jar Jar Binks, I'm calling it now. Him and Anakin's Miley Cyrus sidekick from The Clone Wars.

LFL sure knows how to milk something. What made Family Guy and Robot Chicken great was that it was something different that wasn't happening at the time. Now they are making it a regular thing which will get old fast but probably move a lot of kid's product.

And there you have it.

/Hopes this fails HARD!

Lucas has finally become the greatest and most fascinating trainwreck of all time.

I hear this kind of s#$%...and it's sad...but I can't look away from the brutal destruction of something great.

Wonder if I'll have to buy all 6 movies and every season of the Clone Wars just to get the original trilogy on Bluray.....

I'm all for it if it means we don't have to tolerate comic relief in the CW series.

This.

Also, Before we all start screaming, i'm expecting it to be more each episode is a one-offf, new characters every time, etc etc.

IF it blows goats once it's released, then we can hate it, but untill then, Lets see what happens.

This sounds like a dumb idea to me, but I don't understand why people seem to think Star Wars has to be preserved on this pedestal. So what if there's a Clone Wars cartoon where Anakin has an annoying tween padawan. Just ignore it. It's not like he's going to digitally inser her into the prequels and then make her take the place of the leaders of the Rebellion in the OT.

If she pops up in the special edition of the prequels....I blame you. :lol

Back