New Star Wars Animated Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
081.jpg

star-wars-jar-jar-fail.jpg

star_wars_you_fail_epiclosers.jpg

I'm just hoping Lucas forgot it's supposed to be April first, instead of April fifth... :dunno

Personally, none of this really matters. The prequels suck, the older Cartoon Channel cartoon sucks, a live action show will probably suck, this Robot Chicken-type thing will almost definitely suck. I'll watch the old movies every couple years or so, and just try to ignore all the other garbage that Lucas has cashed in with since then. There is an audience for all of it, and he's gonna exploit that.

Personally, none of this really matters. The prequels suck, the older Cartoon Channel cartoon sucks, a live action show will probably suck, this Robot Chicken-type thing will almost definitely suck. I'll watch the old movies every couple years or so, and just try to ignore all the other garbage that Lucas has cashed in with since then. There is an audience for all of it, and he's gonna exploit that.

When being specific, one should always know what they're talking about lest they find themselves :monkey1. Were you referring to Cartoon Network? :lol

These scenes were pretty kick ass, especially Obi vs Durge. I just wish animation today was more like G.I Joe of eighties and less linear looking and blocky.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/S_G0EfUewCE&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/S_G0EfUewCE&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/cug2tjhHI-g&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/cug2tjhHI-g&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

this is a lame idea. first robot chicken jumps into the MOTUC line with that stupid Molar exclusive and now they are invading SW too? if they wanna do more SW animation why don't they make another cartoon series that takes place between episodes 4 and 5 or after episode 6. something OT related.

Wow, some Sour Susies in here.

I would be all for this if it was along the same lines as the Ponda Baba sketch or the Aluminum Falcon sketches from Robot Chicken. Both were hilarious and could fit in to the Star Wars lore. This is nothing different than the Ewok movies or Star Tours. They are fun and canon.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

Pretty much.

(Although I HOPE the Live action show doesn't suck.)

This really does smell of an April Fools joke... how could anyone green light something so idiotic sounding?

Not likely, since SW.com is reporting it.

https://www.starwars.com/fans/media/newseries_announcement/index.html

kinda agree with this comment

Posted by: emiwan2 | April 5, 2010 11:09 AM
Sounds very disapointing... Who cares about the rodian woman cleaning the bathroom? And the old dug coming to the bar to gamble.I expected a Old Republic series, based on the TOR trailer, something completely different in term of dram an epic, ala Lord of the Rings. This period is so exciting, and nothing is planed about, even is the comming MMORPG will be long awaited. I'm deeply sorry, but it is time to give SW a more serious drama.

People here at the Cartoon Network haven't a clue about this, so apparently LFL hasn't even approached the network about it officially.

I do hate the idea of this show, though, but we'll see how it pans out.

And did I read correctly... someone here actually thinks the Genndy Tartatovsky CLONE WARS "sucked"... as in worse than the current one??

Last edited:
Did you see the post date of the announcement? April 1st. :) Im hoping its a joke anyway. Who is Ben Quadranerous? Bring on the live action and some Sith!

Back