Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 317134

Surprisingly, they're sending me a replacement

It's cool you got a replacement congrats. I did not and had significantly worse damage, got a choice of $80 refund or destroy my ex which I ended up doing...
Considering I've been buying from them for 12 years and the amount of money I spend it's pretty insulting.

20160629_182305.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20160629_182322.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20160629_182342.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wait what?! I had major paint flaws on my first statue and they didn't offer a replacement just $50 or return, which I ended up returning and jumping in the WL.

No offense, nice on the replacement, but c'mon SSC :slap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 317134

It's cool you got a replacement congrats. I did not and had significantly worse damage, got a choice of $80 refund or destroy my ex which I ended up doing...
Considering I've been buying from them for 12 years and the amount of money I spend it's pretty insulting.

20160629_182305.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20160629_182322.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20160629_182342.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wow, I would be insulted too. That's unacceptable. That is way more damage than what mine has. I honestly was just going to ask for a partial refund, display him with Venom, and chalk up the foot to some of Venom's Symbiote goo.

Wait what?! I had major paint flaws on my first statue and they didn't offer a replacement just $50 or return, which I ended up returning and jumping in the WL.

No offense, nice on the replacement, but c'mon SSC :slap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No offense taken. I completely agree with you. I thought I would get some type of credit, and was just going to use it on Venom. I'm shocked...

The QC has been so hit or miss with this piece. If you get a good one, then it's probably the best 1/4 scale spidey out there IMO. Unfortunately those paint smudges are on a lot of these pieces.

BTW if anyone is considering buying this piece second had, under NO circumstance buy it "brand new sealed". If the seller won't open and send you pics of the statue to confirm quality then pass. I personally had to pass on 3 of these because of pretty bad paint smudges before finally finding an EX that had good QC.

That's just plain sad they'd let this go out the door. Pathetic. Sorry you had to be a victim of Sideshow's lack of concern for customer satisfaction.... :dunno

It left the factory fine I'm sure. The paint rubs came from the paper they wrapped it in and the stryo rubbing on the paint and the paint transferring onto the paper. Later batches and the Symbiote PF came wrapped in silky fabric which stopped it happening.
My resolution was poor but there's not much I can do besides reply with my wallet which I am doing.

I'm not sure. The paint was still easily rubbed off even after I got it. There was heaps of wobble with the statue inside the styro aswell. Multiple factors probably and worse outcome lol

It left the factory fine I'm sure. The paint rubs came from the paper they wrapped it in and the stryo rubbing on the paint and the paint transferring onto the paper. Later batches and the Symbiote PF came wrapped in silky fabric which stopped it happening.
My resolution was poor but there's not much I can do besides reply with my wallet which I am doing.

Paint rubs from shipping can happen, but they would result in worn patches that appear lighter. However, the smudges on these statues have both light spots and dark spots, that IMO is happening from packing the statue before it is fully dry. usually if they are working in very hot & humid location and the paint has not fully dried before they wrap it in paper.

Whatever the cause/reason, its not like SSc is new at this... they should know how to prevent this from happening. Venom will be my last PF from SSC. Its a nail-biter 'til the day it arrives and I open it regarding QC issues. I've had success lately with this line as both my Spidey EX and Green Goblin both arrived without issues, but I was nervous after seeing so many problems with others. Sorry, but there's just no excuse for something like this to keep happening to so many collectors.

Paint rubs from shipping can happen, but they would result in worn patches that appear lighter. However, the smudges on these statues have both light spots and dark spots, that IMO is happening from packing the statue before it is fully dry. usually if they are working in very hot & humid location and the paint has not fully dried before they wrap it in paper.

The paint rubs are darker because the base coat is dark blue. The lighter blues are on top and rub off. The lighter parts on mine are the sheen of the rub mark catching the light.

I love this piece. It looks so great from any angle. Not sure if it's better than the first comiquette but real close to it

I love this piece. It looks so great from any angle. Not sure if it's better than the first comiquette but real close to it

I don't have this new PF but I do have the COM. I think this new PF looks fantastic. I still like the COM slightly more but there's no way I'd pay the aftermarket prices the COM commands if I could pick up the new PF at around retail. This new Spidey PF makes a fine addition to any collection if anyone is still looking for a 1/4 Spidey.

I had the opportunity to own both... and the comiquette looks so much better... bigger, nicer, so much more to look at, the details on the wall, the pose. It really stands out vs the new PF.

And I don't remember where in this thread but people were talking about how the comiquette's head being "too big" and "off". The issue isn't that the ratio vs the rest of the body is bigger (because viewing it from the side there are no issues). The problem is more the actual shape. It's too "rounded" from the front. I took a pic of the Comiquette and PF heads side by side to compare.

Enjoy the pics!

aarG5RZ.jpg

XvQGvVE.jpg

0ClGjDr.jpg

HfV6qQC.jpg

SuQVHtC.jpg

AR3Y9gS.jpg

BcPKUN1.jpg

Back