New Partnership With Estudio Proteus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None off these reasons we are aware of. There is no way that someone in a different country who doesn't even make casts himself is the most cost-efficient solution.

Again, so you assume. Trevor has his reasons for his selection, maybe there are more affordable options but those may not meet his needs or standards.

I hate to say this, but some of the non-legit recasters do some acceptable work. And none of them charge $80.

What other reasons could there be? Id like to know, since we are paying the price for it.

Last edited:
That is easy for them to do when they don't have to give any money to the original artist. I'm sure anyone could offer a lower price if they were stealing :lol

This partnership (and the cost) will cut down on unethical/entitled freaks who justify buying from recasters like "Q" because they "need" the item and recaster's the only outlet.

Now that the "gotta have it at all costs" freaks are taken care of, the freaks who feel entitled to a lower price are the issue, but I think that's a smaller percentage as I believe most would pay the extra money to support the artist and understand that his price wasn't just pulled out of the air.

[ame]https://youtu.be/FONN-0uoTHI[/ame]

Seriously, though, it seems like after all of the "welcome backs" and "this is awesomes," there's now something else to add to the lists of complaints. It's a reasonable discussion, but it's like the minute one door closes, another one opens.

There's not an issue really. Most people here don't paint their own sculpts anymore anyway, so I'm sure they're happy to get them already painted, and $200 probably isn't a bad price. Those few of us who still like to paint our own stuff will just have to lump it, it's not the end of the world.

This partnership (and the cost) will cut down on unethical/entitled freaks who justify buying from recasters like "Q" because they "need" the item and recaster's the only outlet.

Now that the "gotta have it at all costs" freaks are taken care of, the freaks who feel entitled to a lower price are the issue, but I think that's a smaller percentage as I believe most would pay the extra money to support the artist and understand that his price wasn't just pulled out of the air.

Ah; "entitled". The word now used to insult anyone a poster doesn't agree with while simultaneously ignoring whatever point they may have.

Really, ive already spelled it out pretty clearly why Trevor should explore multiple options. If we are the ones that are going to have to pay for his choice, we should hear his reasons.

I keep being amazed at the amount of people here (not just in this thread but all over the board) that are willing to throw away money as if frugality were a cardinal sin. Anyone that rightfully complains about unreasonable price hikes is just "entitled" and should be ignored.

]There's not an issue really. Most people here don't paint their own sculpts anymore anyway, so I'm sure they're happy to get them already painted, and $200 probably isn't a bad price. Those few of us who still like to paint our own stuff will just have to lump it, it's not the end of the world.
There are at least 3 of them just in this thread alone. Why should anyone "lump it" just to combat a problem that this won't solve anyway?

Also, my last Trevor sculpt came to $90 painted. $35 for the sculpt, $55 to have it painted.

Last edited:
If we are the ones that are going to have to pay for his choice, we should hear his reasons.
And this is a great example of the entitlement issue tbay is referring to. He "should" explore multiple options? We "should" hear his reasons? It's fine that you think these should be cheaper than they are, but you shouldn't act as if Trevor owes us anything. He doesn't.

Because anyone that sells anything (Trevor included) should do what's best for the customer.

Especially if one of the goals is to cut down on recasting.

Honestly im not calling Trevor out on this. I think what happened was Proteus approached him, made a good case, and Trevor went with it. Its already been stated that there were some concepts that weren't worked out before it was made public.

But I do think that there were alternatives that weren't explored.

Last edited:
Because anyone that sells anything (Trevor included) should do what's best for the customer.

Especially if one of the goals is to cut down on recasting.

You clearly DO NOT understand business.

You know what would be best for me? If Apple sent me a new computer every week for free. Or if my bank said 'you know what, forget the car payments this year!' I promise you that'd keep me coming back to both companies...

There you go again. Maybe you just don't understand the definition of "entitlement."

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/entitlement

belief that one [such as a customer] is deserving of or entitled to certain privileges

Yea, and its being used as an insult to ignore people's valid opinions.

And the funny thing about that definition is that it hinges entirely on a word which you seem to not know the meaning of:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/privilege
: a right or immunity granted as a peculiar benefit, advantage, or favor : prerogative;

Because it certainly doesn't constitute the expectation that a product should be priced reasonably close to what we know it can and has been sold for.
Nor does it include an expectation of transparency in a decision if we are expected to pay something signifigantly higher.

You clearly DO NOT understand business.

You know what would be best for me? If Apple sent me a new computer every week for free. Or if my bank said 'you know what, forget the car payments this year!' I promise you that'd keep me coming back to both companies...
Oh please, thats a straw man argument and you know it.

This is more the equivalent of Apple suddenly tripling their price for a laptop because they have decided to outsource manufacturing to a country with higher operating costs (even though other less expensive countries would be happy to have them) and then changing thier marketing slogan to "Deal With It".
Then later they are baffled when people choose Windows.

Sounds like you understand business even less. Lets see how well a brand lasts when "Who cares about the customer?" is your motto.

Last edited:
While I was hoping these would be around the same price as the original casts so it could be an f u to Q (haha that rhymes) but as some have said, the times are changing. It's a lot of money granted but that extra also gives me piece of mind that I'm not getting a counterfeit product. I rather pay more to know I'm getting something that the artist knows about and is done correctly.

I had so much more that I wanted to say but couldn't gather the thoughts well enough.

Y'all know this just my opinion, right? :lol

Sounds to me like ShadowX81 has volunteered to find a new casting service that will offer all these heads at competitive prices.

ok, show of hands how many want a trevor sculpt? ooh wow that many, cool this is going to be really good...ok a how of hands how many are going to pay $200 a pop, hello, i said show of hands.. anybody? ... this is a joke of course.:wink1: .

honestly sculpts have not been $35 for a long time now, people have been paying rocco and others 60--75 a pop , add a skiman paint wich he is cheap compared and your at $135-150. a $100 paint app and your $160-175, so really how far is sal off? just because at one time trevor offered these on the cheap $35 desnt mean he cant raise prices like everyone else, and if people really love trevors work and see a premium in it, $60-75 a sculpt would be a bargain,. they should pay more for it, $75-100..because its trevor. for somebody to suggest $35 for a unpainted sculpt is just:lol, when rocco gets on the low end $60.. why waste your breath arguing with a guy like that. its obvious he just wants to stir up trouble. i dont think the price is far off , $175 would be very fair to me, painted by sal, i like his work, have plenty of it. problem really is with the guys that do their own paint. and the high end painters like nathan, now your at $150 for nathan and $100 for the sculpt.= $250, thats an ouch, this isnt going to work like this sorry to say.

Welcome back Trev :rock

I do hope you'll let some of these go out unpainted. I've all but given up on making full figures of some of your sculpts, but I just love how your unpainted, gray sculpts look. They are truly pieces of art that way IMO.

Back