New Neca Evil Dead 2 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hooray! I'm in Evil Dead heaven. Totally awesome. Henrietta is so gross but so cool, the face sculpt is horrifying and she just has such a great presence, looks like she flew right out of the movie. The giraffe neck head is sure a pain to get on though...I actually haven't managed to get it in place yet. The smaller head pops in and out easily.

When series 1 came out I took a couple photos with the older Cult Classics heads swapped on the bodies. So almost immediately after opening Hero Ash I had to see how the S-Mart Ash head looked...

heroashheadswap2.jpg

I think it looks pretty snazzy. I just need to figure out how to make a mold and cast and I'll definitely be displaying it with this head often.

Looks great.

Still nothing at the local TRUs. Since I prefer checking paint apps, I don't really want to have to get these online. The last set hung around for alittle while, so I'm not too worried about finding a perfect one. I like these easier case assortments - two figures make it hard to shortpack.

Yep! No shortpacking. 5 to 3, so finding an Ash you're happy with shouldn't be too much trouble.

How easy is it to swap the heads out? I've already got the head from my Medieval Ash ready to go. Can't wait to find these guys locally.

Head swapping is super easy, they can almost pop off without any prep, but dipping them into some hot water for a minute or so makes it a cinch.

S-Mart Ash's head, well the ball that fits into the neck, is just a little smaller than the ED2 heads, so it almost just kinda sits in place rather than pops into the hole. It's not so loose that it might fall off though.

Just went to TRU and got lucky, last two in stock of Ash and Henrietta.

Haven't opened em up yet, probably won't get a chance to til tommorow but I love them, they look great.

Ash does have the eyeliner problem but it's not bad. Didn't have any others for me to compare it to so I'm just happy to have gotten them, I'm sure if I had waited until tommorow they'd have been gone.

What did surprise me was the price, $15.99, where as all the other NECA figures like Borderlands and L4D2, Gears of War etc are all $14.99. Not a big differance but still odd.

PICT0243.jpg

PICT0244-2.jpg

Last edited:
Man, this Henrietta figure is so nasty...I love it!
Outstanding photos! I'd love to get a little more info about your "studio", what are you using for a set, what kind of light setup. It'd be cool to see a shot of the shooting area itself.

Outstanding photos! I'd love to get a little more info about your "studio", what are you using for a set, what kind of light setup. It'd be cool to see a shot of the shooting area itself.

Thanks man. I have a medium-size light tent (probably around three foot by three foot) and two lights on each side of the tent I can position as needed. I also have a set multi-colored bulbs (white, red, green, blue, black light) I can switch as needed to get the desired effect.

I have a lot of old playsets and knickknacks I use as props. This particular set in these shots is the old Van Helsing castle playset....

And here is a quick shot of the overall setup:

large.jpg

Just found these at the local TRU. Picked up two copies of Ash and left Henrietta for next time. Though, I do agree Henrietta is just disgusting - especially all the rotted sections on her fat legs.

I can understand the price being alittle higher for Ash, as he does come with two accessories and the Borderlands figure only comes with one, for example.

Back