Statue New LOTR Maquette Line Announced!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great group shot. Seeing them all like this I wonder what people feel about the bulkier based on two and the height of Boromir's flag. One on hand I think i would like a bit more homogeneity. On the other hand, homogeneity may make the collection look like Precious Moments or something.

So with the Ringwraith likely being released within the next few days, is there any word on who is on deck? I know Sideshow has commented on what characters they are planning to do, but getting a sneak peak at the next one up would be a nice treat!

Usually spooktacular and the 12 days of Sideshow (around christmas time) provide a really good peek at collectibles down the road, but some sneak preview of the next couople of figures in this line would be awesome. I am hoping that we get to order the Ringwraith soon, and I can't wait for Legolas to arrive!

Great group shot. Seeing them all like this I wonder what people feel about the bulkier based on two and the height of Boromir's flag. One on hand I think i would like a bit more homogeneity. On the other hand, homogeneity may make the collection look like Precious Moments or something.

As long as they look great and look great on display thats all I give a damn about.

With Legolas is coming, we are getting closer to have this display :yess:

i4h8cz.jpg

I guess it's due to the angle of the pic but Gimli looks VERY large compared to Aragorn and others.

So with the Ringwraith likely being released within the next few days, is there any word on who is on deck? I know Sideshow has commented on what characters they are planning to do, but getting a sneak peak at the next one up would be a nice treat!

well lets see, given a bad guy is next release and sideshow's comment to complete the fellowship, hopefully next one in line is another fellowship member and the only ones left are HOBBITS. Isnt it crazy sideshow does all non-hobbits first, why so much hate for hobbits!

Frodo
Sam
Merry
Pippin
Gandalf: done
Aragorn: done
Legolas: done
Gimli: done
Boromir: done

The hobbits are slow sellers and have been since the SSW line. Just not a lot of selling power.

The hobbits are slow sellers and have been since the SSW line. Just not a lot of selling power.

Maybe if they actually put some up for sale, they could find out how well they'd sell!

Also, i bet when they do release them as maquettes, they'll be on some kind of large base to make them look bigger like Gimli. :lecture

I don't expect them to be hot sellers now when they were slow during the hottest point. They'll sell well enough but I understand the reason as to why they don't rush them out.

They'll be two to a base as they said quite a while back.

well lets see, given a bad guy is next release and sideshow's comment to complete the fellowship, hopefully next one in line is another fellowship member and the only ones left are HOBBITS. Isnt it crazy sideshow does all non-hobbits first, why so much hate for hobbits!

Frodo
Sam
Merry
Pippin
Gandalf: done
Aragorn: done
Legolas: done
Gimli: done
Boromir: done

Theoden? Galadriel? Eowyn?

They already released Frodo and Sam! Didn't you order the Journey to Mt Doom maquette???

j/k

I really hope that they announce a Merry and Pippin piece in December for shipping in Q4 next year. Otherwise, we won't be seeing hobbits in this line until 2013.

I know this will be the line that finally gives me the complete Fellowship--I just don't want it to take too long. They know that a lot of us are waiting, but the last two releases haven't been Fellowship characters. We need a hobbit release next to keep the completists happy and optimistic.

Yeah, a hobbit piece next be it Frodo/Sam or Merry/Pippin would be the best way to go IMO. I think like you said it keeps many collectors happy and content in that this line has plenty of juice.

the Ringwraith has blockbuster potential and with Legolas coming soon, I see the popularity of this line continuing to grow. With people placing WL for previous releases, it will show SS that this line has everything going for it and more.

I'm also waiting to hear more about Eomer and Faramir, which SS stated would be coming in the MQ line. And how about that calender pic of a HEW?

Back