New license hints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mutant Enemy said:
Here are a few of the games I could find that were released in the last few years, that were movies/tv. (I'm not sure if these have been licensed before):

Tomb Raider licensed by Playmates in many formats
Final Fantasy licensed 4-5" figures
Resident Evil licensed
24 licensed in Japan by Medicom for 12" (looks nice)
Fight Club
Aeon Flux

Battlestar Galactica licensed currently by DST
Stargate Sg 1 licensed also by DST
Constantine
Futurama licensed for 5-6" by Moore
Friends
Wallace & Gromit licensed, toys in ToysRUs now
King Arthur
Gladiator

the Mummy licensed
Doom
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon licensed for 6-7"by Art Asylum
Charlie's Angels licensed for 12" fashion dolls
Resevoir Dogs licensed for 6"
Troy
Starship Troopers licensed, I think

none are musicals though

Ironman1188 said:
But didn't someone say that Jurassic Park was not the movie but the right type of scales? And I can't seem to find that quote in any of the movie quote compilations.

The only reference to Jurassic Park I could find was...

<SSC_Brock> 05scales, yes- not JP.

pickard said:
Tomb Raider licensed by Playmates in many formats
Final Fantasy licensed 4-5" figures
Resident Evil licensed
24 licensed in Japan by Medicom for 12" (looks nice)
Fight Club
Aeon Flux

Battlestar Galactica licensed currently by DST
Stargate Sg 1 licensed also by DST
Constantine DC Direct I believe released a statue and prop.
Futurama licensed for 5-6" by Moore
Friends
Wallace & Gromit licensed, toys in ToysRUs now
King Arthur
Gladiator
Crow wont license his likeness.
the Mummy licensed
Doom
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon licensed for 6-7"by Art Asylum
Charlie's Angels licensed for 12" fashion dolls
Resevoir Dogs licensed for 6"
Troy
Starship Troopers licensed, I think

none are musicals though

Starship Troopers other than that I cant think of anything else.

Galoob, I think, made the Starship Trooper line. But the only Starship Troopers film to have a theatrical release was in 1997.

We're just going to have to wait for our Neil Patrick Harris figures. :naughty

gdb said:
Recent film, past four years, never been licensed. ... Well, except for a video game

on [sic] more hint- ... scales.

<CookieMonster> one more time with feeling? buffy?
<SSC_Brock> 05Though, good guess, and the right kind of scales.

<gil-galad> are any of us right
gil- technically- no.

Well, it's not a film and I know of no video game but The Sopranos?

Collector Freak said:
DANG! I was actually getting excited about it. And people not licensing their likenesses never got in the way of companies making figures of them.

True, Hot Toys made their own 12" figure of Cruise for M:I-2 several years ago. I think they got a fair likeness, but in scale, the figure was too tall :angelsmil

Poggle the Greater said:
Well, it's not a film and I know of no video game but The Sopranos?

If we're going to assume Brock used the words movie and film as inclusive to the medium of TV and/or TV movies (MOWs) then I think CSI would be the best guess. Video game, off the wall, awesome, many hits on Google for the "you lead, we'll follow." They're always using scales in the autopsy room. And Sideshow just won an award for their autopsy room Scully so there may be an inclination toward the subject matter.

But I tend to take Brock litterally to mean movies as theatrical releases.

Not that Sopranos wouldn't kick tons of ass, as it so would. I'd like to see Tony in is bathrobe and slippers. One of the figures could have Joey Pants's severed head as an accessory. It would be too cool. :wacky

Except that CSI has also been licensed for books, board games, comics, and a range of kids science kits.

CSI would have been a cool SS range. :(.

I just asked on a movie forum what film in the last 4 years had the quote 'You lead, we'll follow' and the reply I got was 'Reign of Fire' 2002.

This was without any clues, ie. scales.

PsychoCenobite :horror

Cruise may not license his likeness but thats not keeping Medicom from doing a new Mission Impossible figure that sure looks like him.
I think its Medicom.

Sky Captain would indeed be a good possibility... Starship Troopers isnt exactly a license I'm hoping on. Gimme Indiana Jones already!!! :censored

I do remember hearing that quote somewhere before....I just cant remember in which movie it was!! :banghead

-Japanese likeness rights laws are murky at best.

-SOTA was offered the Sky Captain license but it only included likeness rights to Angelina Jolie, so they passed - doubt that's changed.

Sounds like Reign of Fire dragon PFs or maquettes to me. Guess that's not TOO odd, Dragons will sell regardless of how well known the film was.

PsychoCenobite said:
I just asked on a movie forum what film in the last 4 years had the quote 'You lead, we'll follow' and the reply I got was 'Reign of Fire' 2002.

This was without any clues, ie. scales.

PsychoCenobite :horror

Yeah, even though I've never seen the movie, I've thought all along that it was "Reign of Fire." There's a 100% certainty that I will buy nothing from this SS license. Congrats to fans of the film, though.

Last edited:
Sky Captain was licensed by 21st Century Toys who put out a 1:18 scale P-40B Warhawk.

I'll throw you a tiny bone-

The key is the last line of the quoted transcript.

By the way, I said the line, not Gil...

I think it has to be Reign of Fire, it's the only picture that fits all the clues. I'm not a big fan of the film... I thought so much more could have been done with it. I don't even remember what the dragons looked like but I'm excited to see what Sideshow comes up with.

"technically -- no" So someone mentioned something very close. So knowing Brock, it could be that it's not Jurassic Park but JP2 or something... Except that all the JPs have been licensed up, down and sideways...

Back