New license hints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wookilar8 said:
The Village

1. you lead, we'll follow - William Hurt's character leads and the rest follow?

2. movie in the last for 4 years - The Village 2004

3. off the wall - she climbs off the park walls village is confined in

4. no other licence other than video game - ?

5. scales - the mythical creatures had scales, maybe ?

But nobody would buy anything from "The Village".

This is really baffling. We've got 7 pages and no really strong guesses aside from Reign of Fire, so I have to assume that this is either going to be something obscure or something that hasn't had much demand.

Since they said something from the last four years, wouldn't it seem that something from 2002 would be a better guess than more recent stuff. Of course that could just be to throw us off the trail. :rolleyes:

Not to get my own hopes up, but Serenity did have a mobile phone videogame, and truth be told, Adam Baldwin has legs like a lizard. The man has never been seen in public in shorts.

Seaward said:
Not to get my own hopes up, but Serenity did have a mobile phone videogame, and truth be told, Adam Baldwin has legs like a lizard. The man has never been seen in public in shorts.
As has already been mentioned, Serenity had licensed figures.

I don't know if I would count the Diamond Select things as figures...per se. Yes, as a browncoat spaz, I bought them, but haven't opened them, and I am still not convinced that they werent carved out of pudding. How else could you make such terrible likenesses. I am afraid if I open them, they will just puddle on the floor.:wacky

gdb said:
I think Buttmunch is correct that the 4 years, while mathmaticly may be an even number, is an odd number to throw out there.

Here's the top 100 films of 2002 according to boxofficemojo

https://boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=2002&p=.htm

And if that's not enough for you guessers they also have 2003-6 on the site too.

Looking at that list, the new license is blatantly obvious. Sideshow has procured the license to make 1:1 busts of all the characters from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding."

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets had the big Basilisk thing, and Lockheart, coward to the end, forced Harry to go first during the climax, but Potter has had toys for each outing, and the only other film from GDB's list that even seemed likely would be Snow Dogs. or Reign of Fire. I have an old friend that will flip if they make dragons from RoF

Reign of Fire - July 12, 2002

I know the movie was just OK, but I loved the art direction & look and feel of the movie. Liked the Dragons too. Should it be ROF, Im lookin forward to it somewhat.

.. was Dinocroc a vid game? .. :D

Everyone keeps coming back to Reign of Fire, but where does "You lead..." come in? I only saw the movie once and I don't remember that being a tag line or a plot point. Does anyone know?

I searched a bit more and could only come up with these:
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Alexander
King Arthur
The Sum of All Fears
Fight Club
Minority Report
Aeon Flux
Reign of Fire

The only one that seams the most likely to fit the criteria is Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Reign of Fire. But Crouching Tiger did have licensed 6" figures made so that's probably not the new license.
I found this page which helped in my search, but it's incomplete, Reign of Fire is not on this list:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_based_on_licensed_properties
Maybe this license is from a Children's or an Anime movie?

Brock is also known to mislead...and go for the really, really obscure. I'd belive Dinocroc before Reign of Fire...

Wait... The fourth Harry Potter movie had very little merchandising. The biggest thing was the video game. There were no figures or anything. Hmmm...

Another one is Minority Report. That would be a cool line of figures. John Anderton with bag of eyeballs would be a great exclusive.

Back