New license hints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First a movie, then only a game(no figures or anything else). Mission: Impossible movies? They had games but no figures I believe. Riddick had a game and something with scales(that big dog thing) but also had a figure line.

But scales(a la dinosaur scales)? Tough one.

A Sound of Thunder? There were dinosaurs. It was also a videogame. It came out within four years(last year actually). It was a huge bomb, so pretty off the wall as a license choice. I don't know if that dialogue is in the movie though. Anyone want to rent it and find out? ;)

The thing that's killing me is that quote is familar. I remember it from something, and I remember it being said comedically if I'm remembering it right. No clue from what though.
Riddick? Shawn of the Dead?
Neither of which meets the other hints. Grrrr.
ARRGH!

Alright, so I read the transcript of Brock's visit. I thought I had it with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory but there's apparently some toys out there. So I have to come back to my orginal guess from an earlier post...

"STARSKY AND HUTCH." There's scales ("Don't give up on us, baby") that Owen Wilson needs to practice... There's a video game... it's off the wall... REALLY unexpected... awesome... and while I can't remember the quote, "You lead, we'll follow," being in it, it's not like I remember it not being in it either. (The quote I misremember is, "We don't need to label it. It's too natural.")

Last edited:
Brock's clues:

So, we have something that we're showing at Toyfair, that's going to be REALLY unexpected, and off the wall...

"You lead, we'll follow." ... It's a quote from a movie

it's from something that I think was aweosme, but NOBODY has licensed before.

Cruise does not license his likeness.

Crow doesn't not [sic] license his likeness, either.

as in- the past 4 years....

Recent film, past four years, never been licensed. ... Well, except for a video game

on [sic] more hint- ... scales.

<CookieMonster> one more time with feeling? buffy?
<SSC_Brock> 05Though, good guess, and the right kind of scales.

<gil-galad> are any of us right
gil- technically- no.

Last edited:
gdb said:
Brock's clues:

So, we have something that we're showing at Toyfair, that's going to be REALLY unexpected, and off the wall...

Recent film, past four years, never been licensed. ... Well, except for a video game

But didn't someone say that Jurassic Park was not the movie but the right type of scales? And I can't seem to find that quote in any of the movie quote compilations.

Did anyone guess Sky Captain yet. I'm not sure if the clues fit but definitely a cool license.

What about Starship Troopers? There was direct to dvd sequel last year and there was also a video game released of it.

So if "Once more with Feeling" was the right kind of scale then that would mean it is a musical?

Moulin Rouge?

Mutant Enemy said:
So if "Once more with Feeling" was the right kind of scale then that would mean it is a musical?

Moulin Rouge?

BUT there is also a video game released of it, Im still thinking Starship Troopers maybe.

I know we're just guessing the new license, but I'm not crazy about any of ones we've been mentioning. Serenity is probably the best one, but not a big enough fan base world-wide IMO (only made $25 mil domestically).

wookilar8 said:
I know we're just guessing the new license, but I'm not crazy about any of ones we've been mentioning. Serenity is probably the best one, but not a big enough fan base world-wide IMO (only made $25 mil domestically).

As cool as expanding Wedonville is, there's a been a toy line of Serenity.

Last edited:
My final guess is Minority Report. That fits in...

gdb said:
Brock's clues:

<CookieMonster> one more time with feeling? buffy?
<SSC_Brock> 05Though, good guess, and the right kind of scales.

<gil-galad> are any of us right
gil- technically- no.

Here are a few of the games I could find that were released in the last few years, that were movies/tv. (I'm not sure if these have been licensed before):

Tomb Raider
Final Fantasy
Resident Evil
Fight Club
Aeon Flux
Battlestar Galactica
Stargate Sg 1
Constantine
Futurama
Friends
Wallace & Gromit
King Arthur
Gladiator
the Mummy
Doom
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Charlie's Angels
Resevoir Dogs
Troy
Starship Troopers

none are musicals though

bluesparrow said:
First a movie, then only a game(no figures or anything else). Mission: Impossible movies? They had games but no figures I believe. Riddick had a game and something with scales(that big dog thing) but also had a figure line.

There were 5-6" Mission Impossible figures. They're awful and don't really look much like Cruise, but I've got one. I only ever saw them at KB.

Back