New iPhone (Ver 3.0) Specs & Release Date?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apple pisses me off. With the 3.0 update they sneakily disabled many camera apps (such as Darkroom which I was an avid user of) and have rejected updates submitted by developers to make them compatible for 3.0. They haven't given an official reason why they did it yet, but I know they did it because their new 3GS has all of these features built into its camera and they want people to buy that.

Just got mine today!
I am very much enjoying this thing!

I got the Ifrogaz luxe case for both mine and my wifes.
ifrogz.com

Check it out at the AT&T store.

I waited 3 yrs to get this, Im sure glade I waited!

Just got mine today!

ifrogz.com

Congrats buddy, i've had mine for about a month now and still can't put the thing down :D The question is, how have I lived this long without one? I love it!!!

Was first in line at the Emeryville Apple store at 9am and got right in.

New iPhone 3GS. Yay!! And a clear Agent18 case. It's nice!!

5120_1064590389184_1658751279_240314_8142002_n.jpg

I hate you guys! :monkey2

Nah, not really. I'll be joining you as soon as mine comes in at the local AT&T store.

MMS coming at the end of the summer. Insiders believe not until August with AT&T

Just got mine today!

ifrogz.com

Me too. Just got 32 black today. My old phone was over 4 years old. I'm liking this. This message was sent from the phone

The screen film is a definitely buy. Apple Store has anti-glare film that you peel and stick on the screen and it works wonders. The glare outside on a sunny day is horrible without.

Those gelly things are horrible looking but I'm kind of a nut about keeping mine looking new, so I bought the clear hard case to go over.

Anti-Glare:
https://store.apple.com/us/product/TS504LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=MzE3NzU5OQ

Hardcase:
https://store.apple.com/us/product/TV400VC/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=NjE1NzIzNw

Mike, I got the clear case that includes a "touch through" cover over the screen at the ATT store. I figures with that, I wouldn't need the screen saver gel film thingy. Do you use both? Does it take away from the sensitivity?

Edit: Also, I looked at both clear cases at the apple store and the ATT store. I definitely liked the one at the ATT store better. Has a button to release the case, which can then be slid off. The one at the apple store was very hard to remove, and it also caused this air bubble looking thing between the screen and the case that looked annoying. The one at the ATT store doesn't have that air bubble effect and the design just seems more friendly.

ATT also is having sale on iphone accessories now, buy 2 get 1 free, and they offered a 20% discount for where I work, so it you need a new case, car charger, extra charger, etc, now may be a good time to buy.

The clear case that I posted about has an opening at the screen, it doesn't cover it. Its a firm tight fit but there is a slot at the top that you fit a penny into and pull apart to release. I do it all the time to clean my case and phone periodically. I use the anti-glare film over the screen to protect it and it worked fabulously. It doesn't take away from the sensitivity and if you follow the step you clear the air bubbles and don't even realize that its on. Once its smoothed out you can't even see that its there.

I had one that covered the screen and the sensitivity sucked. The Apple Store employee said also that the ones with the plastic "screen" that doesn't actually stick to the screen but lays over it are actually worse than nothing on the screen at all because when something presses against it too hard the screen itself can scratch the screen.

I love the tight fit because my case has a lot of knicks and scratches but when I remove it the phone looks brand new out of the box. I was cleaning it the other day and my friend thought I had bought a new phone because it looked so new.

I'll second the anti-glare screen too - couldn't live without it. Doesn't smudge, and glare is never a problem anymore. Before when using it in the car I had to hold it just right so the glare didn't block everything out.

Apple pisses me off. With the 3.0 update they sneakily disabled many camera apps (such as Darkroom which I was an avid user of) and have rejected updates submitted by developers to make them compatible for 3.0. They haven't given an official reason why they did it yet, but I know they did it because their new 3GS has all of these features built into its camera and they want people to buy that.

That's a major bummer. Fortunately, the jailbreaking community is strong and you might be able to find some of the lost Darkroom functionality on Cydia. Unfortunately, you'll have to jailbreak your phone. If you want to venture down that path, I would recommend waiting until QuickPwn gets updated for 3.0. There are some jailbreaking apps out there right now that will jailbreak 3.0, but QuickPwn will be easiest for first timers.

(I heart jailbreaking. I've had video recording on my first gen iPhone since I got it.)

Is it wrong for a guy who owns two higher end Macs (one desktop and one laptop), latest iPod Nano, not to own a iPhone? hehe

I even own the Mighty Mouse!

I did end up getting the Motorola Razor 2 9M. The best available phone for a student plan (dirt cheap great service)... I will have to wait for my iPhone when I finish off my 3 year plan.

Oh yeah, I am so happy I got mine!!!!

Mainly because my commute is like 30 minutes each way, so it's nice to browse the net or watch part of a movie or a TV show on the way in!! Or stream a little NPR in the morning!!!!

Back