New figure project- "Nexus Runner" -[Rep-Detect Deckard]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking SO good!!!! I think the hair can be mussed up more... it was a terrible haircut... and the SHOES!!!!! they're great!!! been looking and looking for the right ones!!!

there is another deckard thread going on... any chance at an idea of costs before committing?? Also... when do you think we'll get too see the outfit??

thanks!!!
-r.

Thanks guys-

Looking SO good!!!! I think the hair can be mussed up more... it was a terrible haircut... and the SHOES!!!!! they're great!!! been looking and looking for the right ones!!!

there is another deckard thread going on... any chance at an idea of costs before committing?? Also... when do you think we'll get too see the outfit??

thanks!!!
-r.

Thanks!- still working on the hair. I was thinking of maybe doing it more "up" like when it's not wet (promo shots etc) but wasn't sure if it would be as recognizable as "Deckard". Any preferences?

I'll have more info once I finish the prototype but PM me if you want an estimated price; roughly they will be in a similar price range to what my previous figures cost.
This time though I will be offering Full Figure sets as well as a few unpainted kits.

The tailor I'm working with is extremely talented and has done Proto work for Hot Toys, Enterbay etc. The outfit is going to be high quality and extremely accurate. Hopefully I'll have something to show you guys by the end of the month.

Might just be the lighting in the pic, but Harrision's jaw is a little more squared-off. Other than that, it looks great.

Thanks Ed- that is helpful. With the sculpt in hand I see it does need more definition.:duff

This is going to be epic. Also wonder about the outfit, especially the shirt & tie.

The shirt will be the bolder greenish-blue/maroon "western" print and the tie will be the checkered design.

The head sculpt in progress looks incredible! I would prefer the "dry" look to his hair when it looked a little more "spikey" before it was all wet by the end of the movie. I'd be interested in the full outfit, and the head sculpt velvet morning.

Keep up the great work! :wave

Thanks guys-

Thanks!- still working on the hair. I was thinking of maybe doing it more "up" like when it's not wet (promo shots etc) but wasn't sure if it would be as recognizable as "Deckard". Any preferences?

I'll have more info once I finish the prototype but PM me if you want an estimated price; roughly they will be in a similar price range to what my previous figures cost.
This time though I will be offering Full Figure sets as well as a few unpainted kits.

The tailor I'm working with is extremely talented and has done Proto work for Hot Toys, Enterbay etc. The outfit is going to be high quality and extremely accurate. Hopefully I'll have something to show you guys by the end of the month.

Thanks Ed- that is helpful. With the sculpt in hand I see it does need more definition.:duff

The shirt will be the bolder greenish-blue/maroon "western" print and the tie will be the checkered design.

wow that's so cool,that you listen and take action to changes mentioned, says alot, good luck with this project.

Definitely going to be looking forward to the progress on this one. As far as the hair, I'd personally prefer the "shorter" look. Other than those promo shots, and maybe the scene in Bryant's office, Deck's hair is not "up". If that makes any sense.

Head sculpt is coming out great! I really hope that since there's a similar project going on, that your prices this time will be more competitive. :pray:

You get what you pay for. I'm very selective in the pieces that I buy. I have complete faith in Mr. Pettersen with this project. With his track record, and those who he is collaborating on this project with, I am sure it will be well worth the dough.

I'd love to see the sculpt with the camera pulled WAY back, and zoomed in to reduce the distortion... neck looks a little skinny...

Head sculpt is coming out great! I really hope that since there's a similar project going on, that your prices this time will be more competitive. :pray:

You get what you pay for. I'm very selective in the pieces that I buy. I have complete faith in Mr. Pettersen with this project. With his track record, and those who he is collaborating on this project with, I am sure it will be well worth the dough.
Sound good to me! Let's hope that there are at least 30 ppl up for this, that might also do something for the price?

The likeness looks amazing!

Once refined it will be even better, look fwd to seeing it.

And working with a tailor that's done prototype work for HT? Interesting! Will you be revealing who the tailor is or is he going to remain unnamed?

I understand your concern regarding price and it may not be for everyone so it is nice to see that there are other options out there. I really don't like discussing money but maybe it will help shed some light in what is going on. The pricing is a calculation of the time and materials needed to produce the figures. Normally I work alone, meaning I do all the work, but for this project I am commissioning someone for the outfits so more figures can be made available. They have their own fees so that must be accounted for. I have negotiated price with the tailor and it is going to be the lowest it can go. I have have cut my fees down considerably to compensate and the goal is I really just want to make the best Deckard I can make available to you guys.

Sound good to me! Let's hope that there are at least 30 ppl up for this, that might also do something for the price?

30 ppl will be needed for this project to happen since the outfits must be paid for up front. If there is more than 30 ppl the price will go down. If there isn't 30 ppl committed then there is a possibility to do 15-20; My cost will remain the same however the cost of the outfits will go up quite a bit. I think once the prototype is done we should have a better sense for who is definitely interested and then we can talk options etc. :)

Cheers.S

The head sculpt in progress looks incredible! I would prefer the "dry" look to his hair when it looked a little more "spikey" before it was all wet by the end of the movie. I'd be interested in the full outfit, and the head sculpt velvet morning.

Keep up the great work! :wave

Definitely going to be looking forward to the progress on this one. As far as the hair, I'd personally prefer the "shorter" look. Other than those promo shots, and maybe the scene in Bryant's office, Deck's hair is not "up". If that makes any sense.

Thanks guys- This is what I had in mind in regards to the hair:

jmagbr3sized.jpg

though this is more or less what I was going for so far which I'm assuming is probably preferred:

bladerunner.jpg

Back